dafuge's FM14 challenge

The Aim

To take a small club who were previously unplayable in an unedited game from the Skrill N/S to Premier League and Champions League glory.

The Rules

Load a game with the English leagues only, with the Skrill N/S selected. All of the boxed should be left unticked. It should look like this.

Just like previous years, the players for the newly playable clubs need to be added which can be done using a custom database. The players from the three feeder league have to be added, which looks like this. If people wish to add extra players, any players from continents may be loaded, but not from individual countries. This is hopefully to provide a challenging game later on, without making the lower leagues too easy with too many cheap talented players available.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

Add yourself as an unemployed manager, the details are not important at all. I like to call mine 'Holiday Man'.

Go on holiday until 25th June, this shouldn't take too long, perhaps about an hour. Saving on 24th June may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

Retire your 'Holiday Man' manager, allowing him to sail off into the sunset.

Add a new manager, the options are up to you but 'past experience' must be set to the lowest possible which is 'Sunday league footballer'. I understand that choosing different nationalities may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this. I would expect people to use their own true nationalities.

When adding a new manager, choose one of the new clubs promoted to the Skrill North or South to manage. A quick way to check the new teams is to find the 'England Overview' team, then the 'season summary'. Just above the FA Cup summary you should find a list of six new teams.

They should appear in this list which shows the reputation of the possible clubs. The reputation should act as a difficulty level. The lower the reputation, the harder your game should be.

Ryman Football League Premier Division
AFC Hornchurch     1700
Billericay         1700
Bognor Regis       1500
Bury Town          1750
Canvey Island      1600
Carshalton         1500
Cray               1300
Dulwich Hamlet     1350
East Thurrock      1400
Enfield Town       1200
Grays              1450
Hampton & Richmond 1650
Harrow             1300
Hendon             1450
Kingstonian        N/A
Leiston            1250
Lewes              1550
Lowestoft          1750
Maidstone          1500
Margate            1550
Met Police         1350
Thamesmead         1400
Wealdstone         1700
Wingate & Finchley 1250

Calor Gas League Southern Premier Division
Arlesey            1200
Banbury            1450
Bashley            1350
Bedford            1500
Bideford           1100
Biggleswade Town   1150
Burnham            1150
Cambridge City     1600
Chesham            1450
Chippenham         1450
Corby              1800
Frome              1100
Hemel Hempstead    1300
Hinckley           1600
Hitchin            1500
Hungerford         1000
Poole Town         1050
Redditch           1650
St. Albans         1750
St. Neots          1500
Stourbridge        1250
Totton             1150
Truro              1500
Weymouth           1600

Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division
AFC Fylde          1750
Ashton Utd         1550
Barwell            1400
Blyth              1550
Buxton             1600
Chorley            1700
Droylsden          1500
FC United          1900
Frickley           1450
Grantham           1450
Ilkeston           1500
King's Lynn        1550
Marine             1650
Matlock            1500
Nantwich           1550
Rushall            1650
Skelmersdale       1450
Stafford           1500
Stamford           1400
Stocksbridge       1400
Trafford           1350
Whitby             1550
Witton             1650
Worksop            1600

It is now up to you to manage this club all the way to the Premier League title and UEFA Champions League crown.

You may not move clubs unless you are sacked.

If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that satisfies the original criteria (check the club's league history), or just start again.

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

Assigning parent clubs and loaning players is completely up to the player, although it should be noted that on occasions a parent club can lend players which will make the first season or two slightly less of a challenge. It is completely up to you how you play this one, but everyone knows real men don't use parent club loans. Personally, I like to assign a parent club for financial benefits but never take any players on loan from them.

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them, as long as you have them at the club on trial so you can get a coach report on him. If an agent offers you a player, you can sign him without scouting him.

No external utilities such as scouting programs should be used and the database should be unedited (with the exception of cosmetic changes which cannot be discussed here). Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed but any other data updates are not.

Just as always, no extra leagues can be loaded, this includes extra leagues being added during a game.

Use of save game editors is strictly banned, whatever the reason.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed.

General discussion on tactics is allowed, although people should not refer to downloaded tactics. They are not banned, but I would expect the majority of people to avoid them.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the 25th June.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including at least a screenshot of a league table and the clubs transfer page. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press Alt and F9
  • A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM14 folder in your documents
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Imageshack
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'Settings' then 'General Settings' (on the left). At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Enjoy :thup:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hyp pulled out of my other challenge so I am back for dafuge for another season. Ill be loading as a small nationality and doing the big club small nation challenge once I have completed dafuge :)

However, I have just started work for the day and wont be home for hours. CURSES!

To settle in with the beta of FM14 I'm going to give this a go for the first time.

I won't be going for a particular team preference but I would perhaps like to take Bury Town or Lowestoft, should one of them show up.

Hyp pulled out of my other challenge so I am back for dafuge for another season. Ill be loading as a small nationality and doing the big club small nation challenge once I have completed dafuge :)

However, I have just started work for the day and wont be home for hours. CURSES!

Oh you.

After my girlfriend decided to buy me FM14 (I know, I'm a lucky ****er), I thought it would be nice to let her choose a bunch of teams and I use one of those. After a surprisingly small amount of reloads, I got the one she wanted most... Whitby Town. I'll have the first post up soon.

In the mean time...

Dafuge Steam Group

It still lives, still has chat and usually peaks in usage for the first six months. Come join it.

LOYAL MARINE F.C. SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Our manager Phil Brazier managed to get this club promoted into the Skrill (whatever that is) North against all odds.

We thank Phil for his commitment and professionalism during one of our finest years at Rossett Park. Today we are replacing him with a man from Buenos Aires named Pedro Sawicki. You can't do anything about this. I own the football club. I laugh at your attempts at protest.

Chairman of the Board,

Paul Leary

Our manager Phil Brazier managed to get this club promoted into the Skrill (whatever that is) North against all odds.

We thank Phil for his commitment and professionalism during one of our finest years at Rossett Park. Today we are replacing him with a man from Buenos Aires named Pedro Sawicki. You can't do anything about this. I own the football club. I laugh at your attempts at protest.

Chairman of the Board,

Paul Leary

Lol Nice one

Chairman of the Board,

Paul Leary

Best start post I've ever seen.

I understand that choosing different nationalities may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this. I would expect people to use their own true nationalities.

Hmm... We have a Bruneian on the boards eh? ;)

Another norwegian! Good luck!

Damn Norwegians, they're everywhere! :p Good luck yourself :)

Just played my first friendly and won 6-0 against Hinckley. Granted, they are non-league, but it seems like my tactics worked out pretty well.

13 games into the season with Whitby and we're a somewhat mediocre 16th in the league. In the cups however, we're into the FA Cup First Round where we'll face Crewe in an away replay after a 2-2 home draw. Just beat Hinckley 3-1 in the FA Trophy 3rd Quali Round too.

Just reached the 1st round proper of the FA Cup, I was taken to replays against Burnham in the 2nd Qual. round and then Staines took me to a replay in the 4th Qual. Round where we managed to sneak by 4-3. The reward for making the 1st round is a away tie against Dagenham and Redbridge.

Archived