[FM14] Morons? You Bet!

GreyedOutMan

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron Half-Season Update 2013

Media prediction is 11th, but we're better than that. My first six games worried me as I lost 4-1, 7-1, 3-2, 6-0, 4-0 and 3-0. But then I changed to a new tactic and got 4 wins and a draw from the next five games. Long way to go, but if I keep this up, I'll be upper mid-table by the end of the season.

League Table

Moron the best team in the world? Done... Win World Cup with Guatemala, easy.

Then GreyedOutMan awoke.

Is there any way to delete posts you don't want on a thread you started????

Brucehum - go check out "Big Club, Small Nation" - it's not original, and, though difficult, probably not impossible, either.

Right. I've started again. Skipped the first half-season update because I'm getting bored of the first season with Moron as I've run it several times now on FM12 and FM13!

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

This is my first youth intake. Couple of players already ready. It seems that all the players more or less who come through my youth system have the potential to be stars at this level.

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2013

League Table

Holidayed a fair bit until the new youth players came through because I'm bored of this first season. It was a bit better, but I'm concerned that my tactics don't seem to be working when I manage.

Squad

For the first time, Sebastian Stevall seems to be pretty decent. He won the Fans' Player of the Year. Just need some midfielders.

Youth Intake

It's a decent intake. My AssMan thinks that Cornelis Olsson is the best of the bunch. I think I like the look of Thomas Salomonsson.

Finances are a bit of an issue, with underperforming players requesting massive wage hikes. That's the problem - I need players, I can't let them all go!

Because each league has a different number of teams, I'm presenting this as a list of percentages along with points record for ease of comparison.

[size=3][b][u]Season    League                  Won%   Drawn%   Lost%   Points   GD/Game  Position[/u][/b] 
2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41       29       0.00     7th
[b]AVERAGE                            36      23      41       29       0.00     7th[/b][/size]

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2014

League Table

Major step up. Only a careless 5-1 defeat to Pitea on the last day of the season stopped me finishing 3rd, too. 5-1 defeats, in this league, by the way, are equivalent to 2-1 wins in any other league, I think. There was not a single clean sheet for either side in any of my games this year.

Squad

I rotated a bit whenever I struggled, and some of the fringe players actually came through, including Najim Ibrahim who pushed us away from trouble and into a top 4 place. Think we're still 2 years from promotion, if I'm honest - a challenge next year, then achieve it in 2016. Hopefully. Stenvall was once again the player of the year.

Youth Intake

Gustavsson is the best player at this stage of his career to have come through my academy.

Finances have only taken a slight hit this year and the wages have come down significantly, so should come out of debt soonish. A couple of players who were utter garbage but eating up huge portions of my wage bill were finally released this time around.

Because each league has a different number of teams, I'm presenting this as a list of percentages along with points record for ease of comparison.

[size=3][b][u]Season    League                  Won%   Drawn%   Lost%   Points   GD/Game  Position[/u][/b] 
2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41       29       0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36       32      +0.14     4th 
[b]AVERAGE                            39      23      39       31       0.07     5th[/b][/size]

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

My new youth intake is the weakest I've had for a while. Potential, yes, but none of the quality to improve the first team yet and usually there are a few. Burstrom is supposedly the best, and he's nothing special. Watch out for the end of season update though, the previous youth players have really improved and it's showing.

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2015

League Table

Well on the final day, there was a great escape. Unfortunately, it was that of Varmbol who put to an end our best run ever and ruined our chances of promotion. That hurt, after such a great run-in. I'm trying to take the positives - if we get promoted next year, we'll have a better chance of staying up. With a young squad who are improving all the time, next year should be the year.

Squad

It was a massive step up, but our defence is still worrying. Also, haven't been able to tie Granberg down to a new contract so will probably need to replace one of the better players from this season. We have players who can do it, but I imagine it will send our tactics back a few paces. Christoffer Kvist won the Midfielder of the Year award for the division. Stenvall, Imbrahim and Zemui were my players of the season, impossible to split. They rotated throughout the season. The fans chose Zemui as their player of the year. A youth product for the first time. He's going to be special, too.

Youth Intake

Burstrom is probably the best player here, but he'll never be more than a mediocre first-teamer.

Finances improved due to a loan taken out by the new chairman which means we're £1k down every season for a while, but in this case I think it was worth it. I now have a new link with Gefle which does include loaning players aswell as a small annual fee. But I will not be allowing any loan players coming in unless I'm forced to accept them.

[size=3][b][u]Season    League                  Won%   Drawn%   Lost%   Points/Game  GD/Game  Position[/u][/b] 
2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41       1.32         0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36       1.45        +0.14     4th 
2015      2nd Division North       68       5      27       2.09        +1.09     2nd

[b]AVERAGE                            48      17      35       1.64        +1.23     4th[/b][/size]

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron Half-Season Update 2016

Media prediction is 3rd. Half way through we're exactly there, but we should be top. It seems my youth academy produces a LOT of good strikers, with another, Jesper Fajers, coming through this year and doing really well in his first five games. I nearly lost Granberg, but managed too keep hold of him and that is proving vital.

League Table

Don't know how many people are reading this thread but I'd like to get a bit more feedback and suggestions going. Would anyone find posts with brief match reports more engaging? Say every 4-5 games instead of just at the half-season? Was thinking of my inspiration for this thread in which hrbfcrule used to do this. I'll do it if two people think it would be good. Post below if so. End of season report coming up.

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2016

League Table

Really screwed up the second half of the season, losing a heap of games against lower ranked teams. After racking up 23 points in the first 11 games, the second half of the season yielded just 15, and that despite winning the last two games of the season. The run in July and August of 7 defeats in 8 games was just not good enough. A step backwards this season, although still a long way ahead of where we were 2 years ago. I think last year was a bit of a freak, we got far closer to promotion that year than I expected.

Swedish Cup

We were in this for the first time this year - not sure why exactly. In the first round, we faced Skovde of Division One South. We actually should have won, we didn't play well at all and it feels a bit annoying to know we could have won that game and it could have been so different.

Squad

Still a squad which is striker-heavy, and seven of the top eight top performing players in the squad can play up front. But Lundevall has been playing with Kvist in central midfield. Let's just hope next season we will have some better defenders coming in. Norberg and Erixon look promising, and in Larsson we finally have a decent 'keeper. Zemui was my player of the year and the fans agreed although first team rookie Fajers deserves an honourable mention.

Best XI

Historical XI - Gustavsson and Felix Marklund inducted this year.

Youth Intake

Norberg is already first-team material, and his fitness and pace should make him absolutely formidable in a few years.

Significant Departures ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club due to mistakes by my assistant - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents

First time we've seen any significant players leave. Isac Ljungholm made 65 appearances over four years. Hampus Hagg made 59 appearances and captained the side for two years. Christoffer Larsson made 51 appearances as a first team regular but the progress of Kvist effectively ended his career and he has now retired.

Finances - looking decent, downward curve through last season but not too steep.

[size=3][b][u]Season    League                  Won%   Drawn%   Lost%   Points/Game  GD/Game  Position[/u][/b] 
2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41       1.32         0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36       1.45        +0.14     4th 
2015      2nd Division North       68       5      27       2.09        +1.09     2nd
2016      2nd Division North       55       9      36       1.73        +0.41     4th

[b]AVERAGE                            50      15      35       1.65        +0.41     4th[/b][/size]

Monthly updates to come next season!

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron April/May Update 2017

Media Prediction 2017: 2nd

As the season more or less starts and ends in the middle of April/September, I've decided to do these monthly updates in the middle of each month to replace the mid-season report. This is approximate, and the intention is that the last of them will come around two games before the end of each season so that I can leave you on tenterhooks for the end of season update.

Results in the first month were a bit mixed. We comprehensively beat possibly our two biggest promotion rivals in Oddevold and Stelleftea but lost to relegation candidates Selanger and could only draw with Boden.

The highlight was the game against title favourites Oddevold, in which we gave a pretty much faultless performance, keeping our 2nd clean sheet in a row in the league (after one on the last day of last season) for the first time ever - in fact it was only my 11th clean sheet in over four seasons.

As an aside here - it's very odd that they haven't released a dark skin for the beta, but when looking at old games, it's in a dark skin. It's clearly been made but not released. Odd.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Danny Zemui who has scored just one goal against Ibrahim's three but his three assists gives him the edge for me.

The squad is looking good. You have to remember that we have a rookie 'keeper just spawned as a newgen and a full back who has made, as you can see, an awesome start.

League Table

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron May/June Update 2017

Results in the second month were pretty good, with just one blip against Mariehem which was the worst performance of the season by a distance.

The highlight was a 6-1 win against Assi, in which Zemui got a hat-trick and everyone was on top form. It also included the Goal of the Month for Moron, a screamer from Chris Kvist. I tried to upload it to YouTube but I couldn't work out how to do it.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Nicklas Gustavsson who is really stepping up a level this year.

The squad is noticeably better this year. Finally we're sorting out the defence a bit, although we still have the odd mishap (Solleftea this month).

League Table

Morön_BK.png

Moron June/July Update 2017

Results in the third month were really poor - we started with a pathetic performance against Pitea where we lost 4-0, before an amazing game with Tegs which we won 6-4 after some pretty useless defending. The game against Selanger was tense and ended goalless - we played well but couldn't find the killer goal, whilst the performance against Oddevold was as bad as the 4-0 defeat at Pitea.

The highlight was without doubt the 6-4 victory against Tegs, although only because it was our only win - we were desperately poor in defence.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers who came into the side when everyone else was suffering a dip in form and has started his season well.

The squad is reverting to type - you can see that after a different start where the defence did quite well, we are now seeing the strikers becoming the best players with the exception of Gustavsson.

League Table - six points behind Selanger now, it's going to take a mighty effort to get promotion from here. It seems we might have thrown it away again.

Another thing which will not help is that a whole raft of key players are out of contract this summer and I have no chance of renewing their contracts as they have been doing so well and I have very little cash around. Prepare for many youth products to leave for nothing at the end of the season for the first time.

Cheers. I have a feeling if we don't get promoted this year, it won't happen for some time. This is the best side I've had so far and if we lose five or six key players it will take some time before I can build up a squad that good again. I'm trying to get those second-tier players who haven't been quite as good but have room for improvement signed up so that the rebuilding process doesn't take so long. But without people like Gustavsson....

Morön_BK.png

Moron July/August Update 2017

Results this month were really good. Seven of the eight halves we played in the month went perfectly. The eighth cost us three points, but an unbeaten month is unrealistic at this stage, and has kept us right in touch.

The highlight was the highest scoring game in 2nd Division North history. An epic second half performance from the lads, it was brilliant. Having said that, in some ways the Skelleftea game was more pleasing because having gone 2-1 up, our second half defensive performance was really solid and the defence has certainly shown improvement lately.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers who scored five goals in four games.

The squad is looking ever better. The fact that the lowest ranking regulars (i.e. those who have started over 10 games) are both rookies means that I have a core of regular players who are really doing the business at the moment - the spine of the team with Gustavsson and Kvist behind Fajers in particular. Just a shame that so many of them will be leaving this summer. It makes the run in all the more important, because it will be a while before I have this level of quality in my side again.

League Table: 6 point deficit. 5 games to make it up. It's possible.

I imagine there will be one more mini-update before the end of season update. But I'm not sure quite when - the next month has three games in so I'll either do it after that with two games left or if it looks like a cliffhanger, I'll leave it till the last game but one and then keep you all on tenterhooks!

Morön_BK.png

Moron Academy Graduates Post 2017

Stumbled upon the perfect time to do a final mid-season update: when I get my youth products through! So from now on it will be every month for the first four months of the season followed by one more when I get my youth products, and one more at the end of the season.

The last few games started with the trip to Assi, and with it, not the first time that one of my own youth products has played against me (he's played against us once before), but the first time I've noticed. 2013g Marko Vujanovic is, as his tag suggests, hardly the best player in the division, but in a really poor side, he's held his own this season with an Average Rating of 6.89. However, he was by far the worst player on the park this time as we romped to victory. Predictably, when Selanger finally lost a game, their first all season, we did so too, with a really disappointing 3-2 defeat at Mariehem which more or less condemned us to yet another season at this level.

The highlight was the win against Assi, but the defeat against Mariehem made it redundant and promotion is all but gone now.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Chris Kvist who is turning into an outstandingly good player.

The squad is showing just how annoying it is that Gustavsson is not likely to stay - the best defender by miles, and I'm about to lose him.

League Table - all we need is a miracle, and we'll be promoted...

...but my academy graduates give further cause for optimism. With so many established stars set to leave this summer because I cannot afford their demands, I'm going to need quite a few of these. It's annoying because some of the second string players from this year ask for mid-range salaries that I can afford if I give them first-team status - which they'll have next year - but when I give them that, they demand more money! I can't win! But luckily, I'm now spoilt for choice in defence, with four 5* potential defenders coming through, three of whom are already decent first team players. I'm already endeavouring to give long-term contracts to Andersson and Edsheim to avoid another Gustavsson situation. I can't quite see why my assistant rates Andersson as better than Edsheim, though - Edsheim looks quality.

That game is madness :D I thought my 6 - 4 was mad! Good to see you're in the mix at the top.

In the Swedish lower leagues, 7-4 might be a record but it is not madness. 8/9 goal games are common - there tend to be three or four in every round of fixtures, and I'd say the average score is something like 4-2.

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2017

In the final few games, with the league all but gone and some really impressive academy graduates coming in, I seized the opportunity to let the youngsters win their spurs. Against Harnosand, it looked like we'd be frustrated until, in the 4th minute of, apparently, two minutes of added time, Ibrahim popped up with the latest of late winners to keep us in with a chance, albeit very slim, of promotion. Despite a convincing win in the next game at Tegs, Selanger's victory gave them the championship. But next year, IT WILL BE ME!

League Table

We paid the price for simply being inconsistent. Only once did we go two games without a win, but the longest unbeaten run all season was five games.

Swedish Cup

I wasn't entered this year - not sure what the criteria are for this.

Squad

A massive improvement. We had a much more solid base - including the division's goalkeeper of the year in Hardell. In his "rookie" season, that is quite something. But Nicklas Gustavsson was my pick for player of the season because it was his improvement that improved the team most, for me. My fans, understandably, went for Joachim Lundevall.

Best XI

Historical XI - Beyene, Elezovic and Hardell inducted this year. All on the bench. But Hardell won't stay there long.

Youth Intake

It looks decent but there are no really outstanding players. I feel my assistant overrates Andersson but I do like the look of Edsheim. From five years of having loads of strikers but no defenders, I'm suddenly finding my squad balancing the other way!

Significant Departures ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents

Well, it seems odd, but for some reason after not being able to get close to Gustavsson's demands whilst at the club, I approached him just after he left and he resigned so I still have him, which is rather good news. It might well be the difference between success and failure in the coming season.

However, Erik Granberg made 84 league appearances and has now left. He peaked in 2015 when he was amongst our best players in the best season we've had so far, but had tailed off rather. Similarly, Sebastian Stenvall, the club's highest goalscorer, had been doing really well and actually could still do a job but he has been eclipsed by others and is not worth the outlay. He didn't make a single appearance this year. More worrying was the loss of Najim Ibrahim whose agent made the cost of a deal to resign him prohibitive after a decent season.

Finances - still dropping, and it's clear we need promotion soon. A decent cup run after that, too, ideally. There are group phases in Sweden so there is a chance that could really help us out if we can win through to them.

2016      2nd Division North       55       9      36       1.73        +0.41     4th
2017      2nd Division North       59      14      27       1.91        +0.95     2nd

[b]AVERAGE                            52      15      34       1.70        +0.52     4th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Well my board gave me no option. It's promotion or bust. With only six non-youth products left at the club, it's starting to get more interesting but I'm concerned that I seem to be losing players at their peaks.

Grrr! OK so my game went all odd, the cursor totally disappeared. So I pressed CTRL+S, the game saved and then I restarted my computer. When I reloaded the game, I found that I had suddenly lost over half of the season, and was back on June 15th. This means that the last four posts are all pointless. I will leave them up for the purposes of comparison, but we are back where we were in post 26 so look back there and you'll know where I am! Really annoyed because I felt quite good about the next season with Gustavsson coming back in and so many other players improving.

I hate re-playing large amounts of FM. Its annoying. At least it gives me a chance to go up a year earlier.

I have made a decision. I'm going to run very fast through these games and just edit and re-post the crucial posts (i.e. youth intake and end of season) because I'm bored of doing the same thing over again!

Morön_BK.png

Moron July/August Update 2017

Results in the third month were a bit better this time around. The win against Boden in particular was good. It still felt really dull because I've done all this before (and I'll probably have to go through the same rigmarole of re-signing players at the end of the season), but if I get promoted it will be worth it. To be fair, I wasn't far away last time and it probably took me longer to do this a second time than to play the 2018 season so in real time, even if I get promoted a season earlier, it has probably taken me more time. I'm also only two points up on where I was in the original game after losing a game to Skelleftea and drawing with Solleftea, both of which I won first time around. The Junsele game saw just one goal fewer - obviously hardwired into the game, that match!

The highlight was without doubt the improved result against Boden, where the defence was solid.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Anders Carlson who has developed far better in the last few months than he did the first time around.

The squad is looking good still although I'm still going to face the same rigmerole of re-signing players who I can only afford to resign when they are off the wage bill. I think it might be a bug - I can't offer Gustavsson a slightly higher contract because Gustavsson is on the pay roll...in other words, it doesn't factor in the fact that his current contract will be off the wage bill next season.

League Table - right in with a chance. Oddly it's Skelleftea, not Selanger, who I'm battling with now.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron Academy Graduates Post 2017

The two games since the last update included the trip to Assi, and 2013g Marko Vujanovic. This time, we decided that, with Skelleftea losing at home, it wouldn't be right to take advantage of them and go top of the league, so we were abysmal and lost 2-0, including one of the worst own goals I've seen on FM. Things did get rather better after that. Losing to Assi is truly horrific. I made up for it a bit by beating Mariehem the next week, but I reckon seven points is the minimum we need for promotion, and even nine might not be enough, although it is Oddevold who we are chasing now, so there is time for it to change.

The highlight was obviously the late winner at Mariehem, which gave the whole team confidence that this could be the year.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Najim Ibrahim who was possibly our best player in both games, not to mention scoring the only goal we managed since the last update.

The squad is not looking quite as good any more. We've still dipped in the latter part of the season - but who knows? We might make it!

League Table - as I say, I think seven points might do it. But even nine might not. All I can do is try to win all three and hope that I get lucky.

My academy graduates are nothing special this time around. My assistant is excited about Pavlovic but I'm not sure why. Don't see anyone who is likely to be a first team regular for long there. Dahlberg looks vaguely interesting, I suppose.

For those of you with a nervous disposition - look away now. I make no apology for the long report - it's gripping. This is a special post before the season report because it was so exciting!

In the game against Harnosand, we won fairly comfortably, but I was disappointed to see just after half-time that Oddevold were winning. Thanks to two Assi own-goals. By the 84th minute, Assi had pulled it back to 3-2 and cruel hope began to set in. As Zemui completed his hat-trick to make it 4-0 to us, I barely noticed. But the goal for Assi never arrived, and I went into the last two games a point behind Oddevold. Still, I would have taken that in July, particularly when I lost my first choice right winger for the rest of the season with knee tendonitis.

Against Tegs, we had two of our best players, Kvist and then Gustavsson, sent off - both before the 70th minute. A rearguard action with 9 men protecting a 2-1 lead was shortlived - Tegs equalised within seconds of Gustavsson's sending off. It seemed it was all over bar the shouting - a defeat would have left us three points behind Oddevold with a game left and despite our superior goal difference, it would have meant that Oddevold would only have needed a point. Hold your horses, though! In the 90th minute, Lundevall bursts free, one on one with the keeper and gives us the three points that guaranteed the highest points tally I've managed with a game to go. It was out of our hands, but went into the last day with a decent chance of promotion. WE ONLY HAD NINE MEN! WE ONLY HAD NINE MEN!

I felt that the size of the task in hand meant that I had no option but to find both offenders - I wanted to send out a message that they had let down the team and made life far more difficult for the last game. Unfortunately, Gustavsson decided to take exception and our relationship "broke down" - which might make it harder to resign him for next season.

I had more important matters - Pitea were the opposition for the final day in front of our own fans, though more pertinently, Oddevold faced Solleftea away. With five key players injured and a further two suspended, though, even our game wouldn't be easy - we had four players who hadn't managed ten games this season. Three players playing out of position. It was not going to be easy.

Within eight minutes we were behnd, some dodgy defending allowing Pitea to take a sharp chance on the edge of the box. When the same player was allowed to waltz through the defence a minute later, I felt we were doomed, but he blazed it over the bar. We had to improve. After 15 minutes it got worse - Oddevald took the lead at Solleftea. The ground went silent.

Just five minutes later, gradually the noise increased. Could it be? Yes! Solleftea had equalised. We were also starting to step on it, dominating possession although not creating much yet. At this point I was so nervous I could only watch two minutes at a time, before pressing space and pausing!

We didn't learn from our mistakes. 10 minutes before half time, a completely unmarked second striker thrashed home from 25 yards. It was pathetic defending. With Solleftea holding their own, I just HAD to go for it, so I pushed the boys forward, thinking that halving the deficit before half time might be crucial. There was a goal before half-time. Unfortunately, it was neither for us nor Pitea. Oddevold took the lead. Surely, with them leading at half time and the Morons contriving to be 2-0 down to Pitea, that was it? The hairdryer came out, but to no avail. Pitea soon extended their lead after some crass defending of a corner. For the first time ever, I stuck three guys up front. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Oddevold still had only a one goal lead, so a terrific 40 minutes could see us promoted.

Unfortunately, my defenders, after such an improvement this season, had decided to go on strike. We were 4-0 down before we could get the ball into their half again. Quarter of an hour later I knew it wasn't to be when Zemui scored only to see his goal chalked off for offside. At the final whistle, I literally screamed. Solleftea had, of course, got an equaliser. In the 92nd minute. We had the title - if we had beaten Pitea. I think this is possibly the worst I have ever felt in my FM career. I've never regretted a crash dump more. Ever.

That really was horrific. I might need a day or two to recover. It was that moment when I checked the final scores elsewhere. I almost knew that Solleftea had scored. It was like one of the predictable scenes from a horror movie.

Just to prove the true horror of that last day. You'll notice that we're second on the injury table. It doesn't paint the whole picture. Those were crucial players, Carlson, Ringqvist and Marklund in particular. Combine that with losing Gustavsson and Kvist to suspension, and I feel rather hard done by.

The season report will probably come tomorrow - if I can restore my own morale!!

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2017

League Table

You've already seen this. You know the story. That final day defeat will haunt me for ever more.

Swedish Cup

I wasn't entered this year - not sure what the criteria are for this.

Squad

The defence has improved a lot - and in Hardell I finally have a decent 'keeper. This time he didn't win the division's Goalkeeper of the Season award, but he did get called up to the Swedish U21 side - and that in his 'rookie' year! An amazing feat when you consider he's in the fourth tier of a pretty weak league structure. Danny Zemui won the striker of the year award, too. He got my vote for player of the year. The fans agreed.

Best XI

Historical XI - Lundevall, Elezovic and Hardell all inducted. All on the bench. The first two have now left, annoyingly. Hardell will not be on the bench for long. He will be a club legend.

Youth Intake

Dahlberg is clearly the best of the bunch. Will go straight into the side as we're short on wingers - although he is better suited to the striker role. We have lots of players there though.

Significant Departures including Youth released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents

Well, it seems odd, but for some reason after not being able to get close to Gustavsson's demands whilst at the club, I approached him just after he left and he re-signed so I still have him, which is rather good news. It might well be the difference between success and failure in the coming season. It didn't work with everyone though.

Erik Granberg made 84 league appearances and has now left. He peaked in 2015 when he was amongst our best players in the best season we've had so far, but had tailed off rather.

Similarly, Sebastian Stenvall, the club's highest goalscorer, had been doing really well and actually could still do a job but he has been eclipsed by others and is not worth the outlay. He didn't make a single appearance this year.

More worrying was the loss of Najim Ibrahim whose agent made the cost of a deal to resign him prohibitive after a decent season.

But worst of all were the losses of Cornelis Olsson, Thomas Salomonsson and Joachim Lundevall. Very frustrating as they were three of the best players from last season and could have really helped us push for promotion next year. It might be that I could still persuade one or two of them to re-join us, if they don't get snapped up before the start of the season.

Finances - slightly better this year. But a promotion and a cup run is still badly needed.

2017      2nd Division North       59      18      23       1.95        +0.91     3rd

[b]AVERAGE                            52      15      33       1.71        +0.51     4th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? I had the option of aiming for a league win but with so many key players leaving, I took the safety first option and I've told the board I can only manage top half this year. It's not like I need the budget - although hopefully the best players this year will be re-signed for next year and then I'll have a squad good enough to go up.

Morön_BK.png

Moron April/May Update 2018

Media Prediction 2017: 3rd

Results in the opening month were dreadful. We made a super start against Junsele but after that we lost three games in a row. Already we're a long way off the promotion I desperately need.

The highlight was the one win in the month, which oddly was against the second best side we faced, probably: a magnificent performance against Junsele, who were one of the better sides last year.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers who scored three goals in the four games.

The squad is considerably weaker this year. The truth is promotion ain't likely this time around. But next time, who knows? As I thought, Dahlberg is looking fantastic, but there's not enough going on in the rest of the side. Three of Beyene's goals came in the first game.

League Table - in trouble. We will turn our fortunes around, but realistically, we need to win most of the remaining fixtures to go up this time.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron May/June Update 2018

Results in the second month were much improved. We were really unlucky against Boden, conceding a late equaliser, but made up for it by scoring a late winner against Solleftea. A pathetic performance against Skelleftea was followed by two massive wins against Harnosand and Anundsjo, which has improved things.

The highlight was the game I missed due to a touchline ban, a superb win.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Nicklas Gustavsson who has started to show his worth after a poor start to the season.

The squad is clearly improving - indeed there were several contenders for the player of the month award.

League Table - looking better but we need a nice long run if we're to challenge for promotion. Syrianska are a good team and if they got relegated last year, maybe we have quite a way to go if we're to go up and stay up.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron June/July Update 2018

Results in the third month were pretty good. We played badly against Selanger but after that, we got a decent win against desperate Pitea, hammered Junsele and played well against Umedalen.

The highlight was the awesome win against Junsele.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers who got a hat-trick in the Junsele game and scored an early goal against Pitea.

The squad is starting to show its potential, but I have a horrible feeling that if we don't get promoted, we'll be in the same position again next year, with four of the best six players so far this season out of contract at the end of the season.

League Table - in with a shout but it is unlikely.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron July/August Update 2018

Results this month have put our promotion challenge to bed for another year. Despite three superb wins at the start of the month, against the league leaders and a team from a division above in the cup, the five points dropped at the end of the month were what really mattered.

The highlight was the unbelievable win against Forward in the cup, although the win against Syrianska was probably more important (or at least would have been if we hadn't messed up against Solleftea and Umea). We're turning into a very frustrating team - against Umea we had 58% of the ball but lost 3-1.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Gustavsson, who I'm relieved returned on a 3 year contract, because he's brilliant.

The squad is doing well at the moment - the thing is we're playing well but not winning.

League Table - 11 points behind with 5 games to go. Realistically, catching Skelleftea in 4th is our task now. Shame.

2nd round of the cup coming up next. Massive game, because if I do manage to beat Landskrona then the group stages will be lucrative.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron Academy Graduates Post 2018

Media Prediction 2018: 3rd

The three games since the last update have seen an improvement. We played really well against Landskrona, they were just too strong. The Skelleftea result was huge and against Anundsjo we dominated possession and probably should have won.

The highlight was a 4-3 win against rivals Skelleftea, which was really important.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Ronni Backman who is really impressing in his rookie season.

The squad is looking good and with Fajers on the brink of signing a new contract, our two best players have at least two years left .

League Table - we officially can't go up, but I did think the news article that popped up after the Anundsjo game proclaiming our safety from relegation was a bit odd - that was never on the cards.

My academy graduates are the lowest-rated bunch I've had, Bostrom looks like the best of them but will need to work hard on his strength.

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2018

The last few games saw two disappointing draws with Harnosand and Selanger, and we finished off with a fairly lacklustre 1-0 victory over Pathetic Pitea who were probably the worst team that have played in this league since I took over.

League Table - to finish twelve points behind the Champions is disappointing. They were a very good side and promotion this year was never on the cards, but I should have been closer. It was a major step backwards and our worst points tally since the second season.

Swedish Cup

An impressive victory over a team from the league above but the second round was a bridge too far. I'd love to get into that group stage soon but who knows when I'll be able to play in this competition again?!

Squad

My Player of the Season Gustavsson showed just why he was so important, and Fajers has really improved. Ronni Backman may only have started 8 times but he will be a key player from next season onwards, while Patric Norberg has come of age. With so few of the original squad left, it was good to see Tom Ekelund finally coming good. The fans agreed with me: Gustavsson is simply the key to any and all success at this club at the moment.

Best XI

Historical XI - Fajers and Norberg inducted. Expect to see both Fajers and Hardell taking the leap from the bench to the pitch next season. Possibly Norberg too, if things go well for him. Not sure why Zemui is still ahead of Ibrahim here after a poor year. I hope Fajers will be around for a while and not fade like Zemui - because he could be the first of my players to 100 goals. Two players, Marklund and Ringqvist, reach 100 appearances. Expect plenty more from Marklund and a few more from Ringqvist.

Youth Intake

Nothing special here. Given that my assistant hasn't been that reliable with spotting talent, there will probably be one or two that make the first time eventually but I'm not sure who. Looking at their attributes, none stand out to me.

Significant Departures including Youth released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents

Danny Zemui had a disappointing season and was expecting a huge pay rise, and with finances really tight, it was a no brainer that the highest paid player would leave. He was brilliant for a couple of seasons, and I was sure he would be again, but I just could not afford him, and had plenty of strikers coming through. However, having noticed that he'd been elevated to "legendary" status at the club, the only player to have achieved that so far, I went in for him in March and he accepted far lower terms having not been able to find another club. Christmas, it seems, comes in March in Sweden! Maybe he can rediscover his best form of 2 years ago - he was the best striker I've had in that period.

Felix Marklund was never good enough but was, for a long time, the best of a bad bunch in terms of my 'keepers.

Elezovic looked promising briefly, but never really made it. No major departures that affect the side really.

Finances - the newly elected president took out a loan to put us back into the green. We're now spending £2.2k a month on loan repayments but I think it's worth it for the stability financially.

2017      2nd Division North       59      18      23       1.95        +0.91     3rd
2018      2nd Division North       45      23      32       1.59        +0.73     4th

[b]AVERAGE                            51      17      32       1.69        +0.55     4th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Well I want to at least get close this year. No more than five points behind the Champions. If we can get promoted, great. But I think that'll happen in a year when I get a couple of nailed on first-teamers through my academy. This is not one of them. However, my board disagree and didn't give me any option. Whilst I'm sure I won't get fired if I don't manage it, the expectation is promotion in 2019.

Morön_BK.png

Moron April/May Update 2019

Media Prediction 2019: 2nd

Results this month were mixed. We started well but then conceded a 1-0 lead and a 2-1 lead against Junsele and a 92nd minute equaliser against Boden.

The highlight was Beyene's hat-trick against Mariehem, we played really well and it was very convincing.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Yared Melake Beyene, whose hat-trick was awesome. Could be the last non-YP to get on this list.

The squad is looking OK, although Hardell seems to have taken a step backwards.

League Table - steady but unconvincing start. We need to string a run together and get up to the top of the table.

Saving the game....!!!

Archived