FM14 Possible Wonderkids

Don't know if this kind of thread was already opened or not, can't find any.

So which players do you think will have Wonderkid status in FM14? U21 only, well known or unheard of players.

My picks:

Wilfried Zaha - Man Utd (20)

Emre Can - Bayern (19)

Iker Muniain - Athletic Bilbao (20)

Tonny Trindade de Vilhena - Feyenoord (18)

Alen Halilovic - Dinamo Zagreb (17)

Paul Pogba - Juventus (20)

Adnan Januzaj - Man Utd (18)

Julian Draxler - Schalke (20)

Matija Nastasic - Man City (20)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
more like he's been regarded as one of the worlds greatest talents since he was like 12.

Not so much according to prior versions of FM.

I do think he has the potential to become a quality player but expecting him to be a wonderkid is ridiculous on the basis of his form so far. Its like the people who believe Liverpool are real title contenders because they sit in 2nd after 7 games. Given time he may prove to be world class or he may prove to be another Macheda, who I very clearly remember Man Utd fans whinging about on here due to his lack of in game potential, looks like the researchers were right after all.

More than likely he'll have a boosted reputation and a -9 potential meaning he has the ability to become a wonderkid, but he can just as likely end up a good/average prem player.

Doubt anyone apart from Boro fans will know this, but we took Sammy Ameobi on loan from Newcastle last season and in his first game he ripped Cardiff apart, almost single handedly winning the game with skills Messi would be envious of, but for the rest of the loan spell he was complete toss.

One game doesn't make a player, and Januzaj should be no more than slightly better than he was in FM 13, purely because it's a years development.

Sorry but you are wrong on Januzaj. For FM13 he hadnt even broken into our reserves after a year at the club aged between 16 and 17. Since then he established himself in the reserves and became last seasons reserve player of the season. He then went on to become Man Utds best player on this seasons pre season tour and aged 18 has made 5 first team appearences so far and looked great in them. All this culminating in what we saw against Sunderland.

FM13 he never became good enough to be a mid level prem player ever. You're damn right he should be much improved in this version.

A years development is a hell of a long time, especially in one so young.

I do think he has the potential to become a quality player but expecting him to be a wonderkid is ridiculous on the basis of his form so far. Its like the people who believe Liverpool are real title contenders because they sit in 2nd after 7 games. Given time he may prove to be world class or he may prove to be another Macheda, who I very clearly remember Man Utd fans whinging about on here due to his lack of in game potential, looks like the researchers were right after all.

More than likely he'll have a boosted reputation and a -9 potential meaning he has the ability to become a wonderkid, but he can just as likely end up a good/average prem player.

two belgian future stars , Musonda (Chelsea) and Thielemans (Anderlecht) didn't even feature on FM13 .

Believe me.. i saw those kids playing since they were +- 11 , if there is no bad luck involved, they will star !

Potential has nothing to do with wonderkid status, neither in FM nor irl. Wonderkid simply means that one is much better at something than other people of his generation. But that doesn't mean someone from that generation won't become better than him in a few years.

In FM, player get wonderkid status is his current ability is way above it should be for players of that age. Eg. if he's got CA 140 when he is 18 years old or something like that. His PA could be 142, therefore he will never become world class player, but because he is, at the moment, much better than other players of his generation, he is wonderkid.

You haven't really put an argument forward, you've just stated baseless fact.

One of the most highly regarded burgeoning talents in football, from the age of 12 you say? Prove it.

Was about to post exactly the same :)

Oh and - Julian Draxler of course! He has established himself in the Schalke team, playing constantly on a high level and that at this age.

Considering that Januzaj hasn't become a global wonder in any version FM at all - despite the brilliant job that the FM Scouts do.

And that I've never seen or heard of him until about this season (or coming up to this season). Despite playing FM all my life.

Watching football on the actual television/internet for well over 20 years - of a lot of u21 and u18... etc.

I think Januzaj should have a random PA for the new FM14.

It's not that I don't think he'll be a good player - nobody really knows. Playing u18/u21/reserve team football is a lot different than stepping up to play with the full team.

At the moment he's done a "Macheda" - scored twice against Sunderland.

No disrespect to Sunderland fans - but hardly the World Beaters opposition that United will face through Champions League.

Potential has nothing to do with wonderkid status, neither in FM nor irl. Wonderkid simply means that one is much better at something than other people of his generation. But that doesn't mean someone from that generation won't become better than him in a few years.

In FM, player get wonderkid status is his current ability is way above it should be for players of that age. Eg. if he's got CA 140 when he is 18 years old or something like that. His PA could be 142, therefore he will never become world class player, but because he is, at the moment, much better than other players of his generation, he is wonderkid.

After looking this up I can safely say that I was incorrect to assume reputation had anything to do with it but PA definently comes into the equation. To be labelled as a wonderkid a player must have a certain level of CA and PA and be under 21. The label suggests they are almost certain to become a top player due to their high PA and high CA at such a young age.

Who cares about 'wonderkid' as a designation? You can make your own in the game by training up a talented regen fast enough. It's arbitrary, based on behind-the-scenes numbers, not something SI bestow on a handful of players.

SI researchers do set it by setting CA, PA and Reputation for players

Archived