Sudden boost in transfer budget??

I'm basically at the beginning of the game (December 07), and from the 52m I got at the beginning of the season I used about 24m, and now, suddenly, my transfer budget (remaining) went up to 56m. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm actually thrilled, but I just don't see a reason for it to happen (could it be because January's transfers are coming up?).

One other thing.. Chelsea and Liverpool want to buy my star striker, Berbatov. He's scored a buttload of goals so far (21 goals in 23 games). He's tempted by them and, if I accept an offer, who could be a good replacement? If I accept it has to be over 35m and hopefully 40m.

P.S. it's in dollars

Sometimes the board up your budget due to a healthy financial position without having to request. This is accompanied by a message in your inbox. If there is no message then I haven't a clue.

For a good replacement see the Good Player's Guide

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Curiosity more than anything but are you American and a non-football fan (or recently became one)? Just wondering what it's like to know little of the real life players. Must make for an interesting/challenging experience as your typical football fan would already know who's who that they could buy as Spurs to replace Berbatov.

Also as Spurs you probably have a decent number of scouts and knowledge so your Player Search screen should be useful.

Honestly did not know Puerto Rico was a commonwealth of the US. Learn something new everyday :)

Huntelaar and Berbatov is a pretty deadly combination. Personally I'd keep him until he hit 29/30 and get rid, or hang onto him for his influence and for tutoring youngsters depending on my squad/financial position.

Berbatov runs so hot and cold for me at Fiorentina I've basicallly given up on me - scores a good number of goals when the final season tally is added up, but it's no use to me if he bangs in a hatrick one week and then plays like a donkey for the next 2 games!

Well, not since I've had 2 seasons and a bit to judge his actual consistency within my Fiorentina team and it sure ain't living up to a 13!

Hahaha. Then I really can't help you mate. I had the exact same problem with Ronaldo once (the Brazilian one) and in that case he was just homesick and wanted to return to Brazil.

Berbatov usually gets a goal per game for me, sometimes 2. Obviously he doesn't score in some games but he's been really consistent with me..

Everton just injured Berbatov in my game and will be out for around 2 months, lucky I bought Huntelaar (but ineligible for EURO!)

Archived