FM14 data editor / FMC14 challenge editor / FM IGE confirmation

• SI Staff

To coincide with the introduction of Steam Workshop functionality into FM14 (http://steamcommunity.com/workshop), we’ve done a load of work on the Editor this year to make it both easier to use and more advanced.

So much has changed that rather than doing a video blog about it, the best way to tell you all about this is to simply list the new changes, so here they are:

More advanced editing options:

Advanced competition rules are now editable (which means that it’s now possible to edit existing league structures within the FM database)

You can now create competitions with Golden/Silver Goal rules

It’s possible to create an end of season Super Cup

Competition rules can be set to be applicable to certain stages only

Seeding rules can now be applied to competitions

There is now an option to keep teams from same division apart in a competition draw

Teams eliminated from one competition can now be entered into another

It’s possible to set both time and date for replays

Add competitions with an Opening and Closing format

Competition rules – relegation based on average points (Opening / Closing format)

There’s an option to name individual cup rounds

Prize money can be set for winning, losing and drawing

It’s possible to edit a club’s Top League Goalscorer record

The seating colour in each stadium can now be changed

Different coaching roles have been added

Different retirement options have been added

Wages can now be displayed as annual, monthly or weekly

Yellow and red card rules can now be set per competition (not only by nation)

A new club status ‘Always Amateur’ has been added

A ‘Third Designated Player’ option has been added to the MLS

New helpful, timesaving options:

A ‘Remove All Bans’ button has been added

A ‘Remove All Loans’ button has been added

A ‘Remove All Injuries’ button has been added

There’s now an option to ‘mass-edit’ a regional division

New search / column options:

Search for player’s contract wage

Search for player’s on loan

Search for people by nation of birth

Search for players and staff by region of birth

Search for stadium by capacity changes

Search for competition by competition level

New customisable ‘position’ and ‘best position’ columns

Oh – and tool tips that will help explain some of the options in the editor that you might not understand.

So that’s the FM editor detailed.

For FMC, you can make your own challenges using the challenge editor and, of course, share these with everyone in the Football Manager community via Steam Workshop.

And finally editor wise, we suggested earlier in the year that there will be an in-game editor available from the FM14 in-game store – I can now confirm that this is definitely happening, and we’ll do a separate post in the coming weeks to let you know exactly what you can edit using this, and the price. If you already follow me on Twitter you will have seen some of the fun you can have cheating using the in-game editor!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People. That's why i am misanthrope :)

Well even if this is the expected answer, it did not cost anything to ask.

"Advanced competition rules are now editable" - does this include the ability to increase the number of players to register / homegrown quotas for a given competition ?

Really good improvements:applause:...how about the possibility to make an All-Star team and/or an All-Star game?, like in the MLS, that would be great...Maybe next year?:)

Cheers.

MLS rules included? I.e the ability to create groups which play off against each other, wage budgets, drafts etc? And as with the other competitions does this mean the MLS will also be editable/extendible?

Also cross nation leagues? For example A Ukrainian/Russian super league or Scandinavian league?

Either way, very exciting news. Buzzing.

MLS rules included? I.e the ability to create groups which play off against each other, wage budgets, drafts etc? And as with the other competitions does this mean the MLS will also be editable/extendible?Also cross nation leagues? For example A Ukrainian/Russian super league or Scandinavian league?Either way, very exciting news. Buzzing.
If you can extend MLS, I may not see daylight for a number of months!!

A ‘Remove All Bans’ button has been added

A ‘Remove All Loans’ button has been added

A ‘Remove All Injuries’ button has been added

There’s now an option to ‘mass-edit’ a regional division

Thank god for that, will save so much time creating updates

This is outstanding -- now all we need is a way to make created continental competitions have dynamic team qualification (i.e. a qualifying rule that's equivalent to "Get 4 teams from the top 4 nations when the nations are sorted by reputation" or something like that).

thanks so much:D ...looking forward to FM14 did suggest 2 years ago you have an in game editor to stop the competition!!! glad its coming in this year, it is a great function to keep up with transfers/sackings/ injuries etc etc:thup: will the editor be available with the beta release of the game cheers

I'm very happy about this in-game editor. Thank you so much.

One question though....If you were to create a local cup that gets you to qualify for Euro cup,you would not be able to set TV dates for them, Those games would go without TV coverage, I really hope you added that TV option for cups.

The "Always Amateur" is a wonderful addition. I create a competition just for Australia's sports academies (AIS, QAS etc). It is so they can sign unattached youngsters or have poorer clubs loan young players to a club with good training facilities. Normally the academies are amateur but in my game they always raise themselves to professional. However this year once they are professional (probably because of hard coding) you couldn't buy the players from some of the academies (AIS, QAS, SASI etc) nor sign a pre-contract. And some players were resigning with the clubs even after they were past the age limit of the competition, meaning they couldn't play games nor move to other clubs. This meant some really good young players were stuck.

The "Always Amateur' will fix this up nicely. Thanks SI.

Will it be/is it possible to see what the Current Ability total of the attribute points actually assigned to a person is in the editor? Most of what I use it for is either imaginary teams or players not in/represented well by the game in minor local leagues, and while setting the current ability stops me accidentally making a player too talented for the level it can crop assigned points off from stats I'd rather weren't cut. It's a bit of a pain having to start a new game after every change to see whether what I've given a player is actually within the Current Ability total I've set.

I'm still on FM11 until I get my beta key in a couple of weeks, so maybe that's already been changed.

- It’s possible to create an end of season Super Cup

like Suruga Bank ???

- Competition rules can be set to be applicable to certain stages only

- Add competitions with an Opening and Closing format

Thank you very much SI :applause:

I was crying out for some of these options years ago, shame it took so long. Still needs the ability to use dynamic co-efficients for created continental cups.

Also needs improvement on regional divisions and how teams are allocated.

If these were in, it may persuade me to actually buy the game this year and get a World League up and running.

With the editors it would be nice to have a players CA/PA hidden and have to click a show CA/PA button. I like to use the editor but I would prefer not to know the abilities of players that I edit.

Terrible idea. What would be the point of that? Just avert your gaze.

"For FMC, you can make your own challenges using the challenge editor and, of course, share these with everyone in the Football Manager community via Steam Workshop."

I must say the challenges on fmc were a brilliant new feature on 13 and now the fact you can do your own and have acccess to potentially hundreds more I have to say is possibly number 1 reason to buy the game.

Thankyou very much SI

Terrible idea. What would be the point of that? Just avert your gaze.

Terrible idea? Did hidden data kidnap your family? why so much hate? In what possible way would this spoil your overall experience? At the absolute most it would be 1 extra step in your process and they're several ways to implement this that would hide the value without adding any additional steps. Some people don't use the editor simply for cheating and perhaps those of us would like to not have a game changing detail so easily accessible.

If somebody could tell me whether you can edit continental competitions, e.g. the European Cup/Champions League I would greatly appreciate it.

I have never used the editor before as I had no need, but if I could edit the Champions League then that would be great. I would like to revert it to the previous format pre 2000.

If somebody could tell me whether you can edit continental competitions, e.g. the European Cup/Champions League I would greatly appreciate it.

I have never used the editor before as I had no need, but if I could edit the Champions League then that would be great. I would like to revert it to the previous format pre 2000.

We've been able to do it since FM 2011. I don't know if it'll benefit from the easier editing they're bringing in, though. I hope so.

Totally brilliant stuff. Getting harder to resist the urge to preorder the game instead of waiting for the final patch as I intend.

If you love the editor stuff you could always get it on day one, do all the editing you want but then not play until it's patched up. The temptation to play pre-patch would be too strong, of course, but you could try it.

If you love the editor stuff you could always get it on day one, do all the editing you want but then not play until it's patched up. The temptation to play pre-patch would be too strong, of course, but you could try it.
I hope the editor is available with the beta game so we will have 2 weeks to edit pre full game launch

Archived