How long does the game last?

I remember a few years ago someone posted screen shots from when the year was 2100 and I'm pretty sure Bury was one of the 5 five clubs in the world. :lol:

EDIT To Add: That no one actually managed, it was all just holidays etc.:)

Good to know the future's bright.

I'd be quite impressed if SI were able to predict inflation rates for eternity.

SI have already made the prediction, a poor one. They predict the inflation is at 0%. :D

you don't have to be accurate, but still able to offer $800 p/w contract in say, 2090 is ridiculuos. At least make it stable 2-10% annual increase overall.

It is far simpler to operate using today's money years into the game. There is no way to predict what inflation will be at in 3, 5, 10 years time etc.

Besides which, 'football inflation' is way above real inflation, which makes your point somewhat useless anyway.

Im sure I read on an old FM that it would retire you at retirement age 75 or something like that so the length of the career would be decided on your date of birth on manager profile but judging by some peoples comments on here it must be a myth or its been changed or I dreamt it or something.

It doesn't last very long at all for me because I play pretty much every match at full length so before I manage to get to the end of my fourth season the new version of FM comes out.... Oh God, I wish they could make it save game compatible....haha

10 seasons, more or less. That's from March to November. Before March there might be other savegames but they don't last as long traditionally because the patches re-balance things and ruin everything. FM13 was the first version where it was not the tactics that became obsolete but the game-world because of the tax issues. Apart from me Serie A had become a League One economy...

10 seasons, more or less. That's from March to November. Before March there might be other savegames but they don't last as long traditionally because the patches re-balance things and ruin everything. FM13 was the first version where it was not the tactics that became obsolete but the game-world because of the tax issues. Apart from me Serie A had become a League One economy...

You didn't bother to read the topic, did you?

I think he did, I just think he has his own opinions on what constitutes as playable. Seems I disagree given I've had two main saves on 13, one that lasted until 2120, and another that is ongoing, and is currently at 2044. Each to their own.

The original poster is asking if the game has a limit to the number of seasons it is possible to play through.

You definitely used to get 'retired' by the game in one of the older editions.

Pretty sure that was in the early CM days and as someone else said, I think the age was 75 years and you started out as a young 35 year old (at the youngest).

Don't think since 'FM' there's been a date or point the game ends?

I'm crap at long games though, 10 seasons and unless I get a spectacular regen, I start it all over again!

• 2 years later...
There is no end... :brock:

Actually that is not entirely accurate. It will last until your computer cannot take it anymore. So it depends on how powerful your computer is and how much space it has. For example, in todays high powerful machine, it could last 5,000 or 10,000 seasons. When you go that far, the limitations is on your PC.

In the future when more powerful computers are built, it could last 100,000 or even a million seasons.

So it has an end. It depends on the specifications of your PC. :D

Archived