Official Football Manager 2008 competition

Is it possible to make an official competition in this forum to decide who is the best FM player out there?

In a Norwegian forum for FM we have an official competition each year to decide who is the best player in the forum. The competition is controlled by the moderators and works like this:

Starting off with a qualifying round where everyone interested (up to a certain number of contestants) can join. The moderator decides what team to be, and the results will be made up after one season. The contestants will take screenshots of their achievements for calculating scores. I.e screenshots of league table, hat-tricks, wins with three goals or more, player in/out, staff in/out, domestic and european cup finals, player awards, manager awards and so on. We get different points for position in the league, points achieved in the league, for winning/losing cup finals, hat-tricks and different awards. At the end of the season we send our contribution to one of the moderators who summerize the scores, and people with the lowest score will be knocked out of the competition until there are only two contestants left in a deciding final. Each round brings us to different countries and leagues with different kinds of challenges. This kind of competition is extremely popular and the winner gets honor on the forum and this year also a prize :)

So I'm wondering if there are any moderators out there who is interested and got the time to arrange a competition like this who is official for this site? It sure would be a lot of fun and I believe many people would be interested to join :)

Okay, was just thinking that it would be fun. It is also possible to limit the contestants, and people who don't submit their contribution in time (according to the time limits) are excluded from the competition. This way the total time of the competition (depending on number of contestants) will be no longer than a month or two.

The point is to have an official contest created by an independent admin who doesn't participate himself. Many of the challenges here are not that professional, and lacks structure. Think of it like FM World Cup, where the winner maybe gets a prize or just pure honour. But of course if no one are interested, what's the point then...

There is the CSE European Championships which is basically what you are describing, but I have no immediate plans to start an 'official' tournament. There are plans to bring in 'official' short term challenges starting for FM09 though.

This forum is relatively new and I've only been moderating it for a few months so in a way it is still finding it's feet. Perhaps a forum tournament could be something brought in for the future if there is sufficient interest.

Monthly challenges sounds like a great idea. I am a bit new in this forum, thats why I'm not totally updated on all the challenges going on in here. But thanks for replying.

Monthly challenges was an idea I brought in at the start of this year, every month a new challenge was set and people completed their season and posted their screenshots to compete in a leaderboard. Sadly the interest in it diminished and it was abandoned after about 4 months due to lack of interest, only 5 people completed a season in the last one.

Here's an example of one of them.

Archived