Players becoming coaches - A few questions?

Hi, I'm managing Man Utd and now in the 17/18 season and a few very experienced, high determination, excellent mentality, good personality have agreed to kick off their coaching careers but their stats have been crap..

So..

1. Will their stats become better?

2. Both mental and coaching stats?

3. How long could that be taking?

4. Is it random how their stats will become or does experience, determination, mentality, personality matter?

5. Why does determination change from player to staff attributes?

Any hints and tips or facts when it comes to players becoming backroom staff?

Cheers!

They can improve both mental and coaching stats by getting their coaching badges. I believe it takes a year each to get them (B, A and finally Pro).

A guy with no coaching qualifications has some room for improvement. A coach with a continental pro license is pretty much set on his stats.

Guest Satchy

My coaches have developed their attributes over time. When they've returned from getting their licenses I haven't noticed anything dramatic. If their attributes increased, I didn't notice anything outside of their normal progression.

Not sure what you mean by determination changing. Can you explain that more?

I know that some of my scouts have raised their CA/PA ratings since I've hired them, and I've lost a couple coaches to other teams after they earned their Continental license, although I've never really thought to monitor their scores.

I hired a retiring MF as a scout, just sort of a "thanks for your service to the team" job, and he's found me some fairly decent talent (although he seems to have a taste for high-$$ candidates.)

My coaches have developed their attributes over time. When they've returned from getting their licenses I haven't noticed anything dramatic. If their attributes increased, I didn't notice anything outside of their normal progression.

Not sure what you mean by determination changing. Can you explain that more?

In player attributes Vidic has 18 in determination, but now as he also has staff attributes his determination there is only 15. Fletcher has 17 in player att but 13 in staff att. Rooney has 18 in player att but 15 in staff att.

Don't understand why this would happen?

All I know is that if a coach already has a Pro license but a DDM (Discipline, Determination and Motivation) score of under 40, I don't bother hiring them. Looking at the coaches on my squad with FMRTE, those that have obtained their Pro license have all maxed out their PAs, so I spend my time looking for young, unlicensed staff with a DDM score of 40+ in the hope that they can develop into good coaches.

Oddly enough, I don't think I've had a single staff member be approached by another club, despite having at least 4 stars in every training category and some of them having continental reputations.

Guest Satchy
In player attributes Vidic has 18 in determination, but now as he also has staff attributes his determination there is only 15. Fletcher has 17 in player att but 13 in staff att. Rooney has 18 in player att but 15 in staff att.

Don't understand why this would happen?

I'm speculating, but my guess is that the ratings are different because coaching is a different type of mental skill set, compared to purely being a player.

Does it have any influence on the stats if a player offers you to become a coach right away, while still being under contract as a player, and you accept or decline the offer? What's the difference of that decision? Do stats get better/worse if you accept sooner or later?

Guest Satchy

I can't see why that would make any difference. That's more down to the player's loyalty and affinity for your club.

Guest Satchy

Maybe he's wasting a spot on your bench because he's no longer good enough, and you'd rather him start coaching now to start taking advantage of what he's more useful at, so you start him coaching sooner rather than later.

Archived