Macbook Pro 15" Retina Display & Football Manager

Hi, I’m considering whether to use a Macbook Pro 15” Retina Display Laptop (Model No. ME665B/A) with the following specs: 2.7 Ghz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 Ghz) with 6MB shared L3 cache, 16GB of 1600Mhz DDR3LDDR3L onboard memory, 768GB flash storage, Intel HD Grpahics 4000 NVIDIA GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching) solely to play future installments of Football Manager (2014 onwards) so can anyone give me an appraisal & indication of how well the game could perform on a high spec Macbook Pro 15” Retina Display Laptop if i choose the optimum game preferences? (Match 3D & playable leagues & player database) What would be the ideal maximum Mac specs to get the best game performance?

In terms of game speed it's great. But the game looks woeful on a Retina display. Not optimised for the Retina screen so all the text and graphics are blurry and hurt the eyes. Hopefully FM14 is retina-optimised as soon all of Apple's computers will be Retina-only, and it's currently hurting my gameplay experience

In terms of game speed it's great. But the game looks woeful on a Retina display. Not optimised for the Retina screen so all the text and graphics are blurry and hurt the eyes. Hopefully FM14 is retina-optimised as soon all of Apple's computers will be Retina-only, and it's currently hurting my gameplay experience

For some reason I find that it gets really hot on mine, in fact most games push it to the limit heat wise. Not sure if it's just down to the design of the body kit or somethings wrong with it.

Archived