PGC Versus the King of The Hill

header_zps55c44a07.jpg

I would like to see more online competition in the FM community so have decided to start this thread. As a member of the Premiership Glory Clan I will look to host on going versus leagues where anyone can come in and compete with other members.

This is not a clan game but it is my intention to get the different clan members and also those that don't belong to clans to test there single player sides against each other. For those that are in clans they can also test there clan side against someone else's clan side in a different clan should they wish.

I will then post the results on this thread to keep a record.

Generally so far people have used their single player sides to see how well it compares to others. You can see from Season 2 below that the standard is high as the current Barcelona Team finished 5th out of 6 Humans. There is no set playing times but will probably be hosted anytime in the evening between Thursday and Sunday (when hosted by me) and there is no limit to how many can be held. Also there is no requirement for the games to be hosted my me.

If a game is not hosted by me then just post the results on this thread in the same format that I will use. (See below for the results of the first 2 competitions named seasons).

If this is something you would like to do you can PM me your details (steamid , Skype) so when I host a game I can send you a PM. Also if you are browsing the steam server list and see PGC All Welcome then feel free to join.

Normally I have found that a 6 human team league playing home and away takes about 1 hour to 2 hours. I will always save the game after every round of matches so if the game crashes I can reload the game and progress will not be lost.

So far those that have played:

Name - Clan

Belly - PGC Clan

Mike - Non Clan

Kim - PGC Clan

Ali - PGC Clan

Lee - PGC Clan

Davie - Mongrels Clan

Will - Mongrels Clan

Andy - Mongrels Clan

Jack - Mongrels Clan

Jose - Non Clan

Aaron - Cloughies

Alias - Non Clan

Competition Results

Season 1

SEASON1_zps95616fdf.jpg

Season 2

SEASON2_zps5800ebf8.jpg

OVERALLLEAGUETABLEC_zpsacae9b43.jpg

Good luck and have fun.

Belly,

PGC

Great idea Belly.

Was thinking of doing something similar, along the lines of a World Cup or a Euro Championships or even a Copa America but no idea how to make a file of this nature.

Sort of like a come and try game with some experienced players but also for those not in clans who are wanting a taste of online FM action.

Hi Guys

If you PM me your SteamID or Skype then I will send you a PM when the next game is put up.

I play my Clan Game Monday , Tuesday Wednesday so will not host any games myself on these days. Therefore games that I host will be in the evening Thursday through to Sunday.

I may be able to arrange for someone else to host games on Monday through to Wednesday in time.

Thanks

Belly,

Hi Guys

If you PM me your SteamID or Skype then I will send you a PM when the next game is put up.

I play my Clan Game Monday , Tuesday Wednesday so will not host any games myself on these days. Therefore games that I host will be in the evening Thursday through to Sunday.

I may be able to arrange for someone else to host games on Monday through to Wednesday in time.

Thanks

Belly,

Or the way things are going for Belly in clan he may be able to host them soon on MON TUES and WEDS too

Or the way things are going for Belly in clan he may be able to host them soon on MON TUES and WEDS too

Lol Grant - How did that League Cup tie go again ??

Aside from Grant's usual arsey comment this is a great thread and it's nice to see some people who aren't in clans taking part. Great work this Belly, I personally prefer a clan over the short term vs competition but long may this continue.

Lee

Had a great time last night pitting my Hull side against the rest of the lads, was a bit confusing whose Arsenal side i was playing against at times :D but all good fun, really looking forward to another round of games.

Yes you have the best Hull team that ive ever seen. Time to kick my Man Utd Team into shape..

BTW lads we now have a dedicated Skype Channel and Steam group. PM me with yours so I can add you.

Thanks

Belly,

Belly have PM'd Neil Brock to see if we could get this thread stickied across all forums to generate more interest and perhaps expand to tournaments if you got good numbers and it's what you wanted to do.

Let me know what you think.

:)

Belly have PM'd Neil Brock to see if we could get this thread stickied across all forums to generate more interest and perhaps expand to tournaments if you got good numbers and it's what you wanted to do.

Let me know what you think.

:)

Yes Andy I would like to generate more interest and I have a clear plan on how this should develop. I will also start to look for others in the community to step forward and host some games to increase the activity. Last night we had to turn people away which was a first but that wont happen again.

I think as a general rule the short leagues or seasons should have a minimum of 4 teams therefore if you have 3 or 5 humans ready to go then just add Barca as an AI team. This is because it is much better to have an even number of teams in the league to ensure that everyone plays otherwise there would be 1 team not playing per round of fixtures.

I have also added the AI Barca to the Table so we can track there progress. :p

If anyone is happy to host then PM me and I will let you know everything that you need to do to pull off a successful short League or season so we can move this into the next gear.

Thanks,

Belly

PGC

My Versus Profile that you will be Facing:

Name : Belly

Teams : Manchester United

Current Season : 2028 (16 Seasons into game)

League Titles : 8

FA Cups : 5

League Cups : 9

Community Shields : 7

Champions League : 1

Club World Championship : 1

Total : 31 Trophies

If your thinking and you will be that I should of won more then you are right. However I am playing a game promoting Youth Academy players. I currently have 6 of these players in my 1st team squad.

I will always use my latest Man Utd side in the Versus league. I will also update this post as I progress through the seasons and hopefully win more trophies.

Look forward to seeing other peoples stats and meeting you all on the battlefield.

Belly,

• Administrators

Really like this idea guys. I'll speak to some of the other bods here at SI and see what we can do. Will definitely get a stickie up at some point, but will see whether we can get some social media type interest in it too.

Will try and let you know what's going on. Thanks.

Really like this idea guys. I'll speak to some of the other bods here at SI and see what we can do. Will definitely get a stickie up at some point, but will see whether we can get some social media type interest in it too.

Will try and let you know what's going on. Thanks.

Thanks Neil

I am Tita with the Sparta Rotterdam side. Season 2030.

Dutch Jupiler League: 1

Dutch Eredivisie: 10

Dutch Cup: 6

Dutch Super Cup: 10

Europa League: 1

Champions League: 1

European Super Cup: 2

===

That was fun yesterday. But i lost all my away matches. I suppose i do really need an away tactic. :lol:

I am Tita with the Sparta Rotterdam side. Season 2030.

Dutch Jupiler League: 1

Dutch Eredivisie: 10

Dutch Cup: 6

Dutch Super Cup: 10

Europa League: 1

Champions League: 1

European Super Cup: 2

===

That was fun yesterday. But i lost all my away matches. I suppose i do really need an away tactic. :lol:

Could be worse , I need a home tactic, Away tactic and also a Team :p

Season 14 Results :

S14TABLE_zps20857e48.jpg

Season 15 Results :

S15TABLE_zps627b27eb.jpg

Here is the outstanding Overall Table :

OVERALLLEAGUETABLEQ_zps6833c685.jpg

So far We now Have 29 Human Players and 1 AI with 710 Matches now been played.

Well Done All.

Belly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

I am thinking about hosting a Versus league tonight starting whenever I get 5 other players to participate along the same lines as has gone on before with these things.

Please bear in mind I have not done this in a very long time so will be rusty as hell at hosting. We will be using old skool mirc chat to chat as we play not skype as I don't want to hear or see your ugly mugs while we play :p.

If you are interested then send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

Belly hope you don't mind as I am bored and was up for playing some online FM.

I am planning on doing this again tomorrow night around 9pm, so if anyone is up for it PM and I'll give you the details.

As said we will be using Mirc chat to chat while we play.

The server you join is random Undernet server and the channel you join is PGC King Of The Hill.

Game is up just now if anyone is up for it.

• 1 year later...
  • Goldy unpinned this topic

Archived