FMCU HQ and Rules. Please Read!

B.W.G

Welcome to Football Manager Career Update Forum otherwise known as FMCU!

The Moderators who are responsible for help running this part of the forum are:
deltablue
SRL88

The Rules
1. Write in English as nearly everyone on here uses English as their first language.
2. Everyone who posts in FM Career Updates will be treated the same.
3. If unneeded abuse takes place then use the report post button or Send a Mod a message.
4. Please do not reveal the CA/PA of players and staff.This also includes regen players and staff.
5. Please do not bump threads that haven't been updated for at least 3 months (though you are allowed to revive your own old threads).
6. Please take the time and effort to leave a comment occasionally on at least some threads you enjoy.
7. Most Importantly of all - Have fun,the more you enjoy your career,the more other people will to.

The rules will be subject to change.

Useful Links,Information and FMCU related threads
FM Careers Forum Discussion - The main thread for discussion related to FMCU forum.

The All-New FMCU Mini-Updates Thread - Fancy giving us a snippet of your career without feeling the need to open a new thread? Here's the place to do it!

Mod Requests - Something needs changing but cannot do it yourself,one of the mods will be happy to help.

FMCU All-Time Hall of Fame (and Shame) - Whether it's a record-breaking win,the most humiliating defeat or the dirtiest match you've ever seen,then we want to know about it!

FMCU Awards Thread - The Annual Awards show comes once a year where the threads of the past year come up against each other to try and win a coveted FMCU Award!

FMCU Thread Hall of Fame  - A collection of the most legendary threads we've ever had.

• While in FM,press Alt + F9
  • A screenshot will be saved to the screenshots located in your documents folder (Documents/Sports Interactive/Screenshots)
  • Upload the screenshot to an image hosting website e.g Photobucket,Imageshack
  • Post the direct URL onto this site.

How to Add Links
At the top of the forum, go to 'Settings' then 'General Settings' (on the left). At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

FMCU HQ

This thread is to try and help any new users who are considering posting in here.We are a very friendly bunch here and we will always be happy to help out where we can to try and help you feel welcome.We are one of the younger forums and still growing so your are more than welcome here,whether you want to post and update normally or post video commentaries to update your careers,everything is welcome.

If you're looking for specific genres of thread to read about, E.G You want to read about journeyman save games,in this sub-forum there are many save games,some you may never have visited,so in theory there should be some you are interested in!The threads will be put into different categories in the posts below to make it easy for you to find ones you're interested in.With video commentaries now being done to update their careers,they will have their own category and not be put into categories such as 'Journeyman' or 'One Club' as commentaries are rarer.

If anyone has any issues with their save game's 'category' then please post or message me and I will change it.Some threads haven't been active for a while and they may not have been included.When and if they become more active,I will update them to the correct category.I haven't included any closed threads either,as I presume they were all abandoned.If you do want a thread added/updated,then post in here and I will add it or update it ASAP.

In the original FMCU HQ,there was only two rules which were rule 4 and 5 on this list.Rule 1 is more for common sense,rule 2 to ensure there will not be any favouritism so we are all equal bar the mods.Rule 3 is to try and help keep the abuse away which rarely happens anyway.

It's nothing too serious,don't want FMCU to become too unruly now do we :D

In the original FMCU HQ,there was only two rules which were rule 4 and 5 on this list.Rule 1 is more for common sense,rule 2 to ensure there will not be any favouritism so we are all equal bar the mods.Rule 3 is to try and help keep the abuse away which rarely happens anyway.

It's nothing too serious,don't want FMCU to become too unruly now do we :D

If everyone is treated the same does a banning for one mean we're all banned? :eek::D

Seriously though, good work and well set out

This is great, thanks!

My Friggin' Career is my first ever contribution to the FMCU - and I've learnt a lot from other threads as I've gone along. I'm almost looking forward to FM14 so I can start a new one and keep it much more neat & organised, and informative!

I'm glad I found this place because reading other peoples FM stories is way more fun than it sounds... :D

This place being so friendly is what attracted me here,it's always had a togetherness here.I used to post in the CSE forum before finding FMCU.

I agree with reading other people's career is more fun then it sounds,I read everyone even if I don't always comment on them :D

Back at the start, I seem to remember one or two people being hostile to the idea of monthly updates - or certainly ones that covered literally every match.

These days that kind of thread is quite common and I wouldn't personally want to do one any other way. I find it the most fun way.

It's true that following other people's careers is more fun than you'd think. It actually inspires me to start my own careers and I find I'm much better these days at accepting defeat without throwing a tantrum since I started seeing other people take it on the chin.

Back at the start, I seem to remember one or two people being hostile to the idea of monthly updates - or certainly ones that covered literally every match.

These days that kind of thread is quite common and I wouldn't personally want to do one any other way. I find it the most fun way.

It's true that following other people's careers is more fun than you'd think. It actually inspires me to start my own careers and I find I'm much better these days at accepting defeat without throwing a tantrum since I started seeing other people take it on the chin.

I remember a few people really not liking it when people posted about every match. As you say monthly updates is probably the most common way to post about a career on here and I think the current crop of regulars would like people to just write up their career in whatever format they'd like to. I think this forum has also made me take defeat better, when I got relegated with Chapecoense I'd have been furious and wanted to quit but since I had people wanting to know how I get on I carried on and took it on the chin.

This is easily the best forum around and I think the most helpful towards other forum members even the newbies!

I personally couldn't care less how people post. It is up to them how they do it. Even though this year I am not posting as much as I was last year, I am still lurking about and reading people's threads.

I write everything up the way I do because I prefer it that way, but it doesn't mean I dislike the way others do it. That is what makes this place unique :).

I remember a few people really not liking it when people posted about every match. As you say monthly updates is probably the most common way to post about a career on here and I think the current crop of regulars would like people to just write up their career in whatever format they'd like to. I think this forum has also made me take defeat better, when I got relegated with Chapecoense I'd have been furious and wanted to quit but since I had people wanting to know how I get on I carried on and took it on the chin.

This is easily the best forum around and I think the most helpful towards other forum members even the newbies!

I'd agree with that. Once I post in my thread, I have to carry on. :)

Also, the advice and support from this community is down right bloody brilliant. :D

I think this forum has also made me take defeat better, when I got relegated with Chapecoense I'd have been furious and wanted to quit but since I had people wanting to know how I get on I carried on and took it on the chin.

Aye. In the past, if I'd got to "very insecure" or "precarious" on the job status, I probably would have resigned on the grounds of "jump before you're pushed." Think this forum has shown every career has ups and downs (well, except for Raware careers. :D), so just try to push on even as the board are already looking for your replacement.

Aye. In the past, if I'd got to "very insecure" or "precarious" on the job status, I probably would have resigned on the grounds of "jump before you're pushed." Think this forum has shown every career has ups and downs (well, except for Raware careers. :D), so just try to push on even as the board are already looking for your replacement.

As much as I hate losing titles on the final day of the season, or cups on penalties, it's those defeats that make the victories so much sweeter. The same applies with jobs in the game: enjoy the good times as the next sacking is just around the corner (never more so than when playing in Italy!)

Reading this forum has certainly broadened my FM perspective though, which is great. My old method of playing the game meant that I'd only find myself in the UK or Italy, yet thanks to a little encouragement from FMCU I'm pretty much happy to get sacked anywhere now!

As someone who has been playing for years before coming on, I've already well developed my own way of playing and suchlike (even though the sort of long-term pan-European careers you guys are familiar with from me took a couple of years to really get into doing), so there isn't an awful lot to be picking up. Like Jason says, I have changed my approach a few things, like not resigning shortly before a relegation is confirmed to avoid the career-damaging black mark, and jumping before being pushed in general (same reason), though there are still times when I feel genuinely depressed with how things are going and leave.

While my 'on-going' narrative style is different from most (and probably will still be writing the long career diary without a thread to update), I hope I'm able to share the ongoing sense of adventure, and have tried to adapt it to make it easier on other people, with more screenshots, split into sections for each match, and taking on board an idea someone had early on to have month titles and match scores in bold, as a good balance between text and other things. I do feel warm when people do comment (especially as mine are not the busiest threads for that, which I don't mind), and especially when B.W.G, gave me my only (so far) OP shout-out, along side the usual excellent suspects that people cite as inspiration. It's a bit like success being sweeter when it's less frequent.

Yeah I had been playing for years before I joined on here and the forums open your eyes up to a lot of things about FM that I probably wouldn't have thought about.

The feedback I got from my FM12 save was absolutely insane in a really good way which just makes me want to continue writing more.

I never used to do journeyman saves. In fact, given that it's not technically accurate, I used to never even call them journeyman saves. But now it's all I say and the only way I'll play. It's awesome wondering where you'll end up next and, in that sense, even a sacking can feel like an opportunity.

• 1 month later...

Cheers for changing my thread in here, man. I'll give you a shout if I get my old save working again (I've not given up hope yet, and as both careers are very different I could easily manage both at the same time).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I've read quite a few careers on here, and want to transfer my career from sortitoutsi onto this site - because this site is much busier, basically. I feel my career suits this type of

updating etc.

Okay, so my question is, you see people do that code thing on here. Is it easy to do, to setup something I can simplify my career with, like a lot of you on this site? When someone helps me with this, I will post my story on here, possibly tonight, as long as someone replies on here.

Hello mate. Welcome to the forums first off :thup:.

So is the thing you are looking to do this?:

Hello Cheik It Out

Yes it is an easy thing to do, but if you want it looking neat it just takes a bit of faffing around. The way to do it is

*type any message* [ / code]

If you find someones code that you like, you can quite easily just click 'Reply with Quote' to a post and copy & paste it, but when you have typed in what you want, ensure you are on the 'Go Advanced' when typing and preview your post so it looks the way you want.

Hope that is enough information. If not, just ask :thup:.

Hello mate. Welcome to the forums first off :thup:.

So is the thing you are looking to do this?:

Hello Cheik It Out

Yes it is an easy thing to do, but if you want it looking neat it just takes a bit of faffing around. The way to do it is

*type any message* [ / code]

If you find someones code that you like, you can quite easily just click 'Reply with Quote' to a post and copy & paste it, but when you have typed in what you want, ensure you are on the 'Go Advanced' when typing and preview your post so it looks the way you want.

Hope that is enough information. If not, just ask :thup:.

Thanks! I looked into it last night, and found out how to use it anyway. I think I have sorted that out.

Is there anyway to edit you first update of your thread? So could I update my table in the code thing, or would a mod have to do that?

• 1 year later...