can this be added to the next update or is it too late..chairman being mental

only thing that really annoys me about the game at the moment are the chairman, they hire junk managers and then sack them after less than a year. i know football is all about results so the sack is normal but when you hire managers to decent jobs with single figures for judging and tactical knowledge what do you expect

its even bitten me in my game. applied for the wales job and had the message that my application was laughed at, keep in mind ive won the swedish league 4 times and the cup a few times and done ok in champs league, the man they though was better was rhys weston, an unemployed first time manager with shocking attributes.... although maybe si are realistic there with the welsh f.a picking the cheapest

Well, Wales not hiring you isn't a chairman issue as on FM national associations don't have a chairman. (Atleast not to my knowledge). What is your nationality/second nationality set as?

I do agree that some chairmen are a bit overzealous when it comes to hiring and firing though.

There are quite a few little niggles in the game that while not very big or game destroying are a bit annoying.

My Tonbridge side got of to a pretty poor start to the season with 4 defeats and 2 draws,at this point in real life would my third choice left back be in my office to show his concern that the team are underachieving?

I think not.

Also would my board later that season when we are in third place still be slightly worried that I let a 23 year old that only played a couple of games in the 4 years at the club go after his contract was up and to be fair was quite a poor player?

Again I think not.

There are some small things that it would be good if they were fixed but nothing like I said is game destroying,just small niggles that make you say "wow that would never ever happen".

No, 2 points out of a possible 18 being called underachieving or a chairman not happy with a player let go would never happen.

Nor would being sacked merely months after back to back promotions or five months after winning the Champions League. :(

Unreasonable chairmen in real life? Nah.

No, 2 points out of a possible 18 being called underachieving or a chairman not happy with a player let go would never happen.

Nor would being sacked merely months after back to back promotions or five months after winning the Champions League. :(

Unreasonable chairmen in real life? Nah.

point looks like its been missed. the issue is clubs rotating very poor managers every year, not sacking them after winning cups

The FM13 editor allows greater flexibility. So you can change the attributes and criteria for what a board will look for - i.e, 'Hires foreign managers', 'Hires attacking manager's etc. I have doctored this somewhat, so Arsenal will only really hire attacking foreign managers. This has stopped the like of Alex McLeish getting the role, or Tony Pulis managing Man Utd. You can also influence the managerial merry-go-round, but increasing the patience of chairmen and the liked personel. For instance, Tony Pulis is never getting sacked by Stoke's chairman, nor is he really going to be wanted by other clubs(imo). So I have changed attributes/favoured personal/repuation/loyalty and so on to account for that.

No, 2 points out of a possible 18 being called underachieving

I was pointing more to the point it was my third choice left back coming in to say we were underachieving,I am sure any real manager would know this and tell the third choice left back to **** off back to training.

Also

a chairman not happy with a player let go would never happen.

The player was nowhere near good enough for the team,maybe a decent back up for the reserves,it is just there needs to be something in the "not happy,slightly worried" box every month,regardless how petty.

Can you point out which clubs have gone mental?

Most chairmen have a secret attribute called "patience". It's tied to how quick they are to not taking bs from their managers anymore.

If you saw crystal palace changing managers every 6 months, something is wrong because their chairman has a patience of 16. If it was Chelsea, it was perfectly normal since the Rusky managing the place has a patience of 8. (totally inacurate, should be lower!)

Anyway,just give us a hint on what clubs they are doing this. In the end of the day, it could be normal within some reason.

Can you point out which clubs have gone mental?

Most chairmen have a secret attribute called "patience". It's tied to how quick they are to not taking bs from their managers anymore.

If you saw crystal palace changing managers every 6 months, something is wrong because their chairman has a patience of 16. If it was Chelsea, it was perfectly normal since the Rusky managing the place has a patience of 8. (totally inacurate, should be lower!)

Anyway,just give us a hint on what clubs they are doing this. In the end of the day, it could be normal within some reason.[/

QUOTE]

off the top of my head its not been any huge clubs so oddly roman has been stable. a lot seem to be in the english lower leagues. again, ive no problem with managers being sacked for being rubbish but to replace them how they do just causes a cycle

quick check

inter on their 4th

lazio looking for their 5th

parma 4th

few other teams on 2 or 3 but in the main they hire decent names

swansea on 4th

birmingham looking for 4th

palace as mentioned are on their 2nd

leeds looking for 5th

milwall have jermain defore, tactical knowledge 6, i give him 8 months

doncaster 5th

leicester 6th

sheff united 5th

the teams here seem to recycle managers, john jensen has had a few already

nothing major in spain, few teams on 2 or 3 but only valencia of the big clubs making odd moves...david moyes

france doesnt seem so bad, looks like 3 is the most moves and a lot of teams made no changes

reading that im wondering if the problem is im getting a lot of news stories making it worse than it actually is

still think a high % of the retired players should not be getting manager jobs

Clubs in lower leagues going mental doesn't sound too bad. You are right that it is not really realistic though.

Point is that predictions mean close to nothing for lower leagues and any team can go up or down, but the AI doesn't seem to emulate that really well and they still have the minimum expectations of "top finish", "winner", etc. Most of the time the results will be different from the predictions though and you see the chairmen going mental as if they were managing Milan and being mid-table is not even remotely imaginable.

It has been like that for all versions I've played so far to be fair. That could use a tweak indeed.

inter on their 4th

lazio looking for their 5th

parma 4th

few other teams on 2 or 3 but in the main they hire decent names

swansea on 4th

birmingham looking for 4th

palace as mentioned are on their 2nd

leeds looking for 5th

milwall have jermain defore, tactical knowledge 6, i give him 8 months

doncaster 5th

leicester 6th

sheff united 5th

the teams here seem to recycle managers, john jensen has had a few already

nothing major in spain, few teams on 2 or 3 but only valencia of the big clubs making odd moves...david moyes

france doesnt seem so bad, looks like 3 is the most moves and a lot of teams made no changes

reading that im wondering if the problem is im getting a lot of news stories making it worse than it actually is

still think a high % of the retired players should not be getting manager jobs

Taken from the FM12 database stats (haven't got genie for 13.), but they should be the same.

Inter chairman has 10.

Lazio 14. (sucking 4 by now is a bit weird indeed.)

Parma 15.

Swansea 8.

Birmingham 7.

Palace has 16.

Leeds 6.

Milwall 12.

Doncaster 14.

Leicester 6.

Sheff Utd 13.

So out of those, Swansea, Birmingham, Leeds and Leicester are normal. Lazio being on their 5th is a little out of the ordinary, same goes for Sheff Utd and Inter.

It wouldn't hurt to report this and provide a save file for investigation.

Archived