Holiday game

I've recently started a holiday game with Real Madrid.

I setup the holiday to apply for positions i higher reputation clubs. I ended up i Racing Santander!!!! WTF...

It's difficult for me to believe that Racing has a higher reputation than Real... (It was efter only two seasons - and my contract did not expire).

Any thoughts?

Its higher reputation clubs as like a group of clubs with a high rep, not clubs with a higher rep than real madrid. (i don't think there is one tbh) In some games when you tick that box, it applies for every available job.

That sounds like a bug??

I did not ask it to apply for every available job...

How well were the clubs doing? Did Madrid slip down the league into mid-table and Racing move into the top 4? What were the finances like and the players at the clubs? How about the ground, obviously the Bernabeu is massive, but did Racing build a bigger stadium?

How well were the clubs doing? Did Madrid slip down the league into mid-table and Racing move into the top 4? What were the finances like and the players at the clubs? How about the ground, obviously the Bernabeu is massive, but did Racing build a bigger stadium?

He said it was only after 2 seasons that this happened.

I very much doubt that Racing Santander could have improved that much by then and Real Madrid would have lost all their best players and slipped towards the foot of the table.

Duhhh.:rolleyes:

I very much doubt that Racing Santander could have improved that much by then and Real Madrid would have lost all their best players and slipped towards the foot of the table.

Actually, I've seen the likes of Man Utd almost relegated in their second season, and Reading finish 3rd in the first. Its entirely possible that Real Madrid underachieved and Racing over achieved.

Is there really any need to be quite so ignorant?

Anyways, it's kinda possible at the end of the second season in my career game Everton got relegated and Wigan finished 5th.

Actually, I've seen the likes of Man Utd almost relegated in their second season, and Reading finish 3rd in the first. Its entirely possible that Real Madrid underachieved and Racing over achieved.

Well if Real Madrid underachieved and Racing Santander overachieved than why would an overachieving team choose a manager whos unknown and was so bad that he couldn't even keep Real Madrid at the top?

If Real Madrid were doing so well they would have kept him...so Real Madrid were probably doing average like in the top four so decided to sack him and Racing Santander were probs a mid table slightly more towards relegation team that took a chance.

So duhhhh. :rolleyes:

OMG you'll never believe they have the same date of birth lol. How sad do you have to be?

OMG u have nearly 2,600 posts why don't you go and get a life you moron.

Seriously you think I care that much about these forums? You need to go get laid instead of sitting in this lame, boring, over-serious forums all day.

Maybe removing your dads dick from your mouth will relieve your pain.

Could it be that you were sacked from Real Madrid during your holiday game, then it would automatically apply you for every job that comes available?

It could just be that Santander was the first job that came up.

Nope, wasn't sacked... "I" resigned from the post to take over Racing.

And sorry: I was misremembering - It was after 5 seasons, but Racing was relegated twice and never made it above midtable in the first division. Real Madrid never finished lower than fourth...

Geordi Jez, Ched and Nomis07: Why are you destroying this thread???

It's nothing to do with Ched or Nomis, it's Jez, he just keeps coming back and being ridiculously immature, but thats by the by,

On topic, I have seen good teams fail dismally within the 1st coupla seasons so it is possible that Reals Rep dropped whilst Racing had a great 2 seasons, but to my mind I've never seen something quite so dramatic happen, I would cry foul play if it was me, but I do tend to get a little too emotional when I feel like I'm getting gipped by FM :p

Geordi Jez, Ched and Nomis07: Why are you destroying this thread???

*sigh*

I assure you that the intentions of nomis and I were in no way related to destroying your thread, jez, under various names, has ruined several threads hence my lack of patience with him. As i'm sure you're aware, alias accounts are not allowed, especially for previously banned users, hence my comment was meant along the lines of "we can ignore him now that we know he is to be banned".

I hope you can identify the difference in contribution between myself and nomis, and jez...

*on topic

Out of curiosity, what did you hope to achieve applying for HIGHER rep teams when you were with real?

There's only AC, Inter, Chelsea, Utd and Barca who could come close to Real's rep, hence my curiosity.

*on topic

Out of curiosity, what did you hope to achieve applying for HIGHER rep teams when you were with real?

There's only AC, Inter, Chelsea, Utd and Barca who could come close to Real's rep, hence my curiosity.

Thumbs up to your previous post as well Ched, I think we were both trying to save a thread rather than ruin it.

I'm just wondering if "higher reputation" really means what it says or if it actually means "high reputation" or in other words a team in a top league?

*on topic

I meant that they shouldn't apply for just any other club. Your examples would be ok alternatives to Real.

*sigh*

I assure you that the intentions of nomis and I were in no way related to destroying your thread, jez, under various names, has ruined several threads hence my lack of patience with him. As i'm sure you're aware, alias accounts are not allowed, especially for previously banned users, hence my comment was meant along the lines of "we can ignore him now that we know he is to be banned".

I hope you can identify the difference in contribution between myself and nomis, and jez...

Don't know why you sigh? I have no relationship with either of you, and don't know your past on these forums, which is the reason for my question.

Alias accounts? Do you mean to have two "profiles" at once?

It's nothing to do with Ched or Nomis, it's Jez, he just keeps coming back and being ridiculously immature, but thats by the by,

On topic, I have seen good teams fail dismally within the 1st coupla seasons so it is possible that Reals Rep dropped whilst Racing had a great 2 seasons, but to my mind I've never seen something quite so dramatic happen, I would cry foul play if it was me, but I do tend to get a little too emotional when I feel like I'm getting gipped by FM :p

I've had no prior dealings with either of them, so I don't know of any wrong doings from Jez' side.

As you can see from my post: Real never dropped below 4th place and Racing was relegated twice during those five seasons...

I do understand your emotion however :-)

I have no relationship with either of you, and don't know your past on these forums

Hence my sigh - maybe you should be a little less hasty in accusing people of trying to destroy your thread. Still, no harm done :D

Alias accounts? Do you mean to have two "profiles" at once?

Yes - when a user is banned and creates a new account. Luckily it's only a matter of when will the mods get 'round to banning him, hence my comment.

I meant that they shouldn't apply for just any other club. Your examples would be ok alternatives to Real.

Ched's examples are the best for "higher reputation" clubs, but I honestly think it's just worded poorly and should read "high reputation" clubs. If that is the case then it would explain the Santander application because they are in a top league and I assume relatively highly repped, it would also mean that managers in the Championship would apply for jobs in the Prem etc.

That's pure speculation on my part though, perhaps someone from SI could explain it a bit for us, as I think none of us know for sure.

May have been mentioned before but I skipped most of teh thread :)

Did you get sacked from Real Madrid?

Then Racing will be a step up from the unemployed spot.

Otherwise I am at a lose sorry.

I would not trust going on holiday. I selected the "reject all bids" option but still found two of my midfielders sold for less than half of their valuation. Also I was running down Obinna's contract and he was so close to ending it (one month) and then when I came back from my usual end of season skip he had a new contract for three years on £32k a month just for sitting in the reserves. I sacked my assistant for going behind my back.

Archived