+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saved Games on Steam?

Amateur

Default Saved Games on Steam?

Hi guys,

I dropped my laptop over the weekend and it won't turn on, meaning I have lost my Everton save. I have downloaded steam and FM13 onto an additional laptop I have but my saved games aren't there when I load the game up, do they not save to the steam account?

Is there anyway to recover the saved game via steam?

Thanks.

Amateur

Hey man.

Unfortunately I think the saved games for FM2013 are too big for the Steam cloud facility, so if you've lost the local save, I would say its gone for good.

D

Part-Timer

Steam Cloud doesn't work with FM because the file sizes are far too large. If you think about it, even a game with 1 league and about 4,000 players starts at about 25mb in size, and I've had saves top 1Gb without much of a problem in the past. How long would that take to sync up to Steam every time you close the game?

Best thing I can suggest is that you try buying something like this. You could then take your hard drive out of your old laptop, connect it up to your new laptop, and get your save games plus any other important files off it, assuming of course that the reason your old laptop has failed is something other than the HDD.

Moderator and Technical Support

Your save games are stored on the computer, so unless you can access the computer or have a backup saved to an external source then that save may be lost.

Amateur

AH ok guys, thanks for the suggestions.

Time to start again I think!

Amateur

You could try removing the hard drive from the broken laptop and put it in a hard drive enclosure (only a few quid on ebay, or a few quid more from PC World), effectively turning it into an external USB hard drive, then see if you can still access the files.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by cruiseee View Post
    You could try removing the hard drive from the broken laptop and put it in a hard drive enclosure (only a few quid on ebay, or a few quid more from PC World), effectively turning it into an external USB hard drive, then see if you can still access the files.
    What he said, chances are you get the files back!

Amateur

Make sure you get an enclosure for a 2.5 inch drive, as a 3.5 inch would be for a hard drive from a desktop computer.

Here's one on PC World: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/dynamo...29939-pdt.html

+ Reply to Thread