board only recomends X number of coaches

first off....why does it matter? if i choose not spend my money on players and more into coaches, what difference will £300 p/w anyway!?

and does anyone know what will happen if i have, say 5 or 6 coaches if im recomended only 3?

they will cancel any contract offers you have made once they think you have enough staff. and tbh, i dont think it makes much difference, you should be able to adjust your budgets to get more coaches in imo...

Yes, this is annoying. It should be linked directly to wage budget, but isn't.

The way around it is as follows. Offer your current coaches the Ass Man role. They should all accept. Lets assume you're allowed 6 coaches, so you now have 7 Ass Man. Sign 6 new coaches, leaving you 6 Coaches, and 7 Ass Man. Offer the original 6 Coaches, who are now Ass Man, Coach contracts again. Some, if not all will accept. You now have 12 coaches.

A very frustrating feature, especially when you start out as a low rep team and can't get more coaches even when you've evolved into a top team with plenty of money and wage budget. Definately needs changing and too be less restrictive. (have a look at the number of staff Anderlecht have!)

Thanks for the work around NepentheZ, i'll give it a go. Does this also work in trying to increase the number of scouts you can have?

Yes, this is annoying. It should be linked directly to wage budget, but isn't.

The way around it is as follows. Offer your current coaches the Ass Man role. They should all accept. Lets assume you're allowed 6 coaches, so you now have 7 Ass Man. Sign 6 new coaches, leaving you 6 Coaches, and 7 Ass Man. Offer the original 6 Coaches, who are now Ass Man, Coach contracts again. Some, if not all will accept. You now have 12 coaches.

NepentheZ, what team are you playing as?

A reason why there needs to be a limit is for game balance. By getting all the good staff, you are lessing the competitiveness of other clubs. There is a limited number of quality staff unfortunately.

It makes little sense to get ALL the good staff as surely you only need as many coaches as it takes to get 7 stars in every area. Similarly with other staff - you only need enough scouts to comprehensively cover all the regions you can scout etc. And if there needs to be a limit there are many better ways to do it. For example - have an equal limit for every club, so the lesser teams would still be restricted from having too many by their wage budget but can compete when the financial situation improves. Another way is to assign separate budget for staff that would be tied to overall finances and reputation. Or tie the limit with the league level.

Please don't, it's really not necessary to have that particular loophole removed if the number of staff allowed stays tied to reputation only. I'd rather they just improved the whole system.

A loophole like that ought to be closed.

However, maybe it is too restrictive at the moment. It ought to be a reliant on more than just rep.

Easy solution is a seperate staff budget

but it needs to be relative to club rep, current league and board expectation levels

ie ranging from

fight relegation giving a smaller budget incase relegation actually happens

to expect promotion giving a larger budget so improved staff levels are in place when it happens

... ok it sounded easy when i first started thinking about it, dunno how codable the variability in this process would actually be.

Easy solution is a seperate staff budget

but it needs to be relative to club rep, current league and board expectation levels

ie ranging from

fight relegation giving a smaller budget incase relegation actually happens

to expect promotion giving a larger budget so improved staff levels are in place when it happens

... ok it sounded easy when i first started thinking about it, dunno how codable the variability in this process would actually be.

I think you're over complicating it. We already have a wage budget. Any staff hired should just be taken out of that.

a little off topic... just out of curiousity, why don't coaches from non eu countries require work permits?

Well the rules apply only to players, and having foreign coaches would prolly be a benefit to the players. IRL, I would guess the government is responsible for the work permits of coaches of "foreign" coaches.

Archived