New Editor - Like FMM

ruci

Hi,

Im making a new editor, like FMM...

if anyone wants to test it, download it from my official site http://fm.bracasoft.com/ or by a direct link http://bracasoft.com/downloads/FMRTEditor-Beta1.zip

at this time its possible to edit player basic information, and nations informations, in the next days i will release a new version with more options to edit ;)

any bug ou suggestion, please visit http://www.bracasoft.com/support and create a new ticket with you bug report, or suggestion...

tks ;)

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree, but are you planning to add any options in addition to those provided by FMM ?

Like above, i think the only way people will use this is if it has options that FMM does not have.

Good on you for giving it a go and i hope it all works out well for you mate

yes..my idea is to have the same functions that FMM have, and add others that FMM doesnt have..but i cant tell nothing right now..next week i will post an update with some fresh news..

Will it also be possible to edit in which league a team plays?

E.g Season ended and I can choose to relegate 1 more team or in case of holland first division replace 1 team for a non league team as relegation doesn't exist in the dutch league.

There used to be 1 editor for a previous FM who managed to do this.

I wasn't changed immediately (realtime) but when the new season started it was switched around.

Looks quite good, I'd rather you could search by name though myself. Looking forward to seeing what other features you add.

this friday i will release a new version, and search by name will be included ;)

Will it also be possible to edit in which league a team plays?

E.g Season ended and I can choose to relegate 1 more team or in case of holland first division replace 1 team for a non league team as relegation doesn't exist in the dutch league.

There used to be 1 editor for a previous FM who managed to do this.

I wasn't changed immediately (realtime) but when the new season started it was switched around.

well, this one i dont know if i can do it, but i will look at it when i have finish other things more important right now..

This program don`t work whith Vista. I wonder if you could fix that problem, It would mean alot to us. So I really hope you could do that, and by the way thank you very mutch for this new editor I have a lot of fate in this. Thank You

well..some ppl are getting problems running this prog, i need your feedback,

because i only have 2machines, one running Vista 64Bits and other one with XP 32bits and it runs fine in booth..

but for some reason it doesnt work in some ppl machines, and i dont know why, so to help me find it out

please tell me this if the editor doesnt work for you,

- Are you using FM with 8.0.2 Patch?

- Your system specs.. Processor and RAM

- Whats your Windows Version??

- Windows XP SP2 32Bits

- Windows XP SP2 64Bits

- Windows Vista 32Bits

- Windows Vista 64Bits

- The programs crash at start? or when you press load game it hangs for a long time?

If the program crash at start could be because this programs requires .NET 2.0 framework, so if it doesent work for you, probably is because you dont have

.NET 2.0 installed, download and install it from microsoft site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

see if it solves your problem...

thanks..

How about the ability to edit leagues like change league reputation ect? And clubs, like putting a sugar daddy?

I'm all for the ability to change kit colour as this doesnt always work in the game, it changes the tactics kits but not on the pitch.

think i'm doing something wrong

its all in a foreign language

the program is in Portuguese, but it haves an english translation too, have to change it in Options "Opções" in portuguese

I will also become your friend and supporter. :thup: I can't promise love, and I can't promise it'll be forever, but I will definately be grateful. If you could get this to work on a Mac. ;)

unfortunately im not able to do it,because i dont have a mac :(

Hi,

Nice one for trying to compete with fmm!

i love using fmm and think its a great program, hopefully you can make a program just as good or even better by editing other aspects of the game i.e the ability to edit the hapiness/unhappiness more and more editing in the relations of the players.

An example of what im talking about is changing the players feelings towards his career if you look at a players happiness/unhapiness or major/slight concerns you will see stuff like "wants a new challenge" "thinks terry organises the defense well" (stuff in the picture)

th_23314_happiness_122_526lo.jpg

Ive had every fmm and the first thing i check is to see how jpee (maker) has updated it, nothing really changes, dont get me wrong its great but id love to see an even more in depth editor maybe an editor where you could even update the game as your playing to go along with the transfers in real life.

When you start a game on fm one of the things the game engine makes is a "manager shortlist" id love to edit that with an editor, so you make real madrid want c. ronaldo, inter want lampard, man u want bebatov or even funny ones like real madrid want windass!!!!

Thanks for trying to make another great fm editor!!

toonfan66

Version 0.2 Beta is out, http://fm.bracasoft.com

change list:

* interface changed

* search players by name is now available

* players names are now visible(in the 0.1b version, only ID's was displayed) (sorry but nations/clubs names only in a future version)

* all players attributes can be modified (except players preferred moves)

* club finances can be modified

* 1st Secret option included

and the 1º Secret feature is.....Changing Players Names, this feature allows you to change the firstname/lastname/nickname of a player ;)

at this time, you can only change the player name from a list of all names in the game, you cant type the name you want.. but i think is good anyway.. ;)

do you need 8.0.2 databas to load or just the patch

I assume you could load a game used with any database but don't know if it could be used on a previous patch.

Ruci- Great to see another save game editor and hopefully you will get it to do many things that FMM doesn't (FMM is still great, though). KUTGW :thup:

Thought I'd give this a go so you could get some feedback. First of all, nice work here. Second, I do have some problems/suggestions with it.

1) When I search by first and second name, it doesn't find anyone. However, searching by surname does. Its not a big problem but I'd like to also beable to search with their full name.

2) When I find a player, and click on attributes, I can't actually see their current attribute. Like in FMM, you can see what it is at currently. One problem is that I don't know how much to increase by and second problem is, I don't know if the attributes are out of 20 or 100.

Great work on it so far and these are the only problems I can see after a quick look. The ability to change a players name is great, btw.

hi guys is there other versions of the 8.0.2 patch tried this editor and i get a message telling me i have the first version and this has been tested on the last version.

many thanks

Hi, that message is just a warning, because i've made the changes in the editor based in the last 8.0.2 patch, and i didnt have the time to test it right with the first 8.0.2 patch..

When you change a players name it does not change it at the top of the screen when you click on their profile.

The sqaud screen is fine though

i know, try to save the game and then load it again (In FM...) that problem should be solved ;)

Thought I'd give this a go so you could get some feedback. First of all, nice work here. Second, I do have some problems/suggestions with it.

1) When I search by first and second name, it doesn't find anyone. However, searching by surname does. Its not a big problem but I'd like to also beable to search with their full name.

2) When I find a player, and click on attributes, I can't actually see their current attribute. Like in FMM, you can see what it is at currently. One problem is that I don't know how much to increase by and second problem is, I don't know if the attributes are out of 20 or 100.

Great work on it so far and these are the only problems I can see after a quick look. The ability to change a players name is great, btw.

Thks for your feedback,

In the current version that im working in right now, some bugs have been fixed:

- bug fixed: Some players attributes/positions do not appear

- bug fixed: Search by name engine was fixed, now the search is really better but not perfect yet.. ;)

- not a bug, but changed: players attributes now are like in game 1-20 (instead of 1-100), this way its easier to understand the value that it will apear in the game when you change an attribute value

- some optimizations, the editor uses less resources right now and loading time is better too

Sounds good ruci!

This was asked but it seemed like you ignored it.

I think this is a very difficult thing to do. I remember that on of the old games (when it was CM) this was a feature in an editor and it just crashed alot, so I wouldn't hold out on this one.

This was asked but it seemed like you ignored it.

sorry, but at this moment i want to put the basic stuff in the editor, and add some features (like changing names etc..) that are not that complex, when i have all the basic stuff in the editor, then i can start thinking in add some new complex things like that, but seriously i doubt that i can make it.. but i will look at it when i have time

it doesnt work on my pc can u try and help me

This is how you use it

1. Download and extract it.
  2. Load a game in FM2008.
  3. Double click on the FMRTEditor to launch the application.
  4. Click load game and wait for it to load.
  5. When it is done search using a unique id or by surname of player.
  6. Select what you want to edit and change what you want.
  7. Click save and your changes should be saved in the game.

Hope that helps. :)

it doesnt work on my pc can u try and help me

If doing what jod123(tks for your post ;) ) said it stills not working, please give me this information

* Are you using FMRTEditor 0.2Beta or the first one 0.1Beta?

* Windows version (Vista..XP, 32Bits/64Bits)

* Do you have Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework installed?

* The editor starts? or just hangs or crashes when you press the load button?

* Do you have the latest 8.0.2 FM Patch?

tks

Looks awesome! Keep up the good work! Can you shed some light into the additional features you will be implementing into your editor that isn't avaliable in FMM?

I cant say much, because I want to make it a surprise, and because I'm still working on it, and its not 100% finished, but for the next "Secret feature" i just can say that its one of the most requested by users ;)

sounds like you might be adding the ability to switch players for team to team, am i right? this would be excellent.

how difficult is it to make an editor like this? i have very little knowledge of hex but im guessing this how you do it?

is there any ways any of us can help? am i right in thinking there is a lot of trial and error that goes on while making the editor?

thanks again for making another editor and the feature you added where we now have the ability to change players names is brilliant!

how difficult is it to make an editor like this? i have very little knowledge of hex but im guessing this how you do it?

is there any ways any of us can help? am i right in thinking there is a lot of trial and error that goes on while making the editor?

for me, the most difficult part of making an editor like this, is finding in the game memory the exact location of the bytes that you need to change in order to edit something that you want..

and of course is a lot of trial and error in this process..and if you miss by just one byte you can easily crash the game, but with some useful tools its easier to do the job..

I cant get it to work, is it because Im using my own custom database? I could start a new game and test that myself...

(Windows XP, latest patch, your latest beta and all that)

first, tell me, the program starts? can you see the buttons(Load Game, Search etc..)? or it crashes at start? do you have Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework installed??

first, tell me, the program starts? can you see the buttons(Load Game, Search etc..)? or it crashes at start? do you have Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework installed??

I have the framework installed. The program starts. It even loads (I can see the flashy load bar thingy) but every time I search, it comes back with "ID not found"

(Im 1 game away from finishing a season, so I haven't tried it with the default db yet)

Edit: I found out why it didnt work. I only tried to surch for club ID, not a players ID. It's all fine now :)

what tools do you use to make the editor then?

id really like to attempt to make one even if i change tiny aspects of the game. I know you probably have to be very knowledgable about all the coding and bytes but is there any basic tutorials maybe you could do? I will understand if you dont want to do one as im guessing its pretty advanced stuff.

ive got visual basic 6 if that'll help me?

cheers

Archived