Regarding the Match v1327 changelist

Match v1327

-----------

- Slightly reduced defender reactions at lower levels

About this one.

So, if i'm going to buy, let's say a world class defender from a higher league team.... he'll play worse just beacause he's at a lower level now ?

Isn't that a cheat more than a fix ?

Match v1327

-----------

- Slightly reduced defender reactions at lower levels

About this one.

So, if i'm going to buy, let's say a world class defender from a higher league team.... he'll play worse just beacause he's at a lower level now ?

Isn't that a cheat more than a fix ?

Hi AAlywan

It depends if its referring to lower level players or leagues.

If its leagues then perhaps yes...

If its players then probably not, as you are buying a "world class defender".

Regards

Arkon

There are no handicaps built into the ME, there is no way they would waste time coding the game so a world class player would play like a league 1 defender, purely because he is playing in league 1.

I'd say your "definite" is about as likely as Titus Bramble winning next years world player of the year.

Why is it definite, because you say so?

I read it as at lower levels of ability, so it is now only 50% definite, until you can prove something to change that

Ok.

Let's put it the other way. Say the super dribbling it's a problem, and you can't resolve it from the ME scripts or whatever. We have Lionel Messi, IRL, from 0-20, 99% people will say he has 20 dribbling ability. If we put that in FM, he will be overpowered because of the ME. Then what we do to stop complains from "OMG MESSI IS OP" ? We reduce the dribbling ability from 20 to 18 ? Yet in 2 years a new regen with 20 dribbling appears, what then ?

This seems fair to you ?

From my understanding is this :

A defender that has 15 anticipation in EPL, if he moves to a a League 1 side, either he will have the anticipation reduced, or same anticipation, but because it's a lower league, his reactions will be slower ?

Or the difference between a defender with 18 anticipation and one with 15, will be larger than in previous patches ?

In any way, if you have to change attributes of the players , because of the ME, seems broken to me, and i can't accept it.

A defender that has 15 anticipation in EPL, if he moves to a a League 1 side, either he will have the anticipation reduced, or same anticipation, but because it's a lower league, his reactions will be slower ?

Or the difference between a defender with 18 anticipation and one with 15, will be larger than in previous patches ?

In any way, if you have to change attributes of the players , because of the ME, seems broken to me, and i can't accept it.

That is not what is happening.

NOTHING to do with the league... if premiership class defenders move to league 1 .. they will play like premiership players...

its talking about lower standard player (stats) not the league...

Not really sure how many different ways to say it.

It also didn't say it would reduce the defenders attributes. It would (presumably) reduce the way in which those attributes translate into a reaction time in the ME, for players with low ability.

I was also alarmed when i saw the log of the changes but i reckon Herbert is right on this one, i doubt they will low players attributes to fit the ME, they are fitting the ME to attributes which means exactly what Herbert said, they probably tweaked the formula a bit.

Also alarmed about how many tweaks are being made against players that have the ball, especially the one about harder to dribble at high speeds, although i reckon this might be realistic but there are dribbles that are way easier to do at high speeds especially the "pass the ball past opponent" one.

Although i have faith they know what they doing :thup: I'm sure it'll translate into a better experience

Its pretty obvious to me. Worse defenders will not react as quickly, so instead of someone who is of league 2 ability, playing like championship level because they react quicker than they would realistically do at that level, they now play more like you would expect. (which would then account more for massive holes you get at that level with worse players).

If you put Gerard Pique and Domenico Criscito into a blue square team, they will still play like 2 of the best center backs in the world. Regardless of the level they are playing at.

Like everyone has stated, its to do with players not leagues. Its not hard.

Man, do you have any problem reading? Because you are seeing things that none have written!

NOTHING to do with the league... if premiership class defenders move to league 1 .. they will play like premiership players...

its talking about lower standard player (stats) not the league...

Not really sure how many different ways to say it.

Welshace, you might as well close this. There is only so many ways you can say the same thing.

Archived