Overhead kicks...

Has anyone actually ever scored one :s? My strikers attempt them far too often, and never score. Infact times when heading the ball would be the best or only logical option, they decide to blast it miles over the bar with an overhead kick. Why oh why? Anyone else notice this...?

Not related to FM but i scored an overhead kick playing beach football yesterday:D

Back to FM, i cant say any of my players have scored overhead kicks because sometimes i don' pay a lot of attention to how i score so long as i do score i'm happy.

Coloccini attempted one or two per game from corners. Never scored though, because, well, he's Coloccini.

In fact, I can't recall anyone ever scoring an overhead kick in my games on 08... I probably don't pay enough attention.

oh c'mon i scored 2 overhead kicks today in a friendly against guys and I am 14yo girl, so don't be so proud of yourself, you're not special :D

What? A girl playing football! You'll be allowed to drive next!:D

oh c'mon i scored 2 overhead kicks today in a friendly against guys and I am 14yo girl, so don't be so proud of yourself, you're not special :D

I'm a fat kid who doesn't play football anymore so cut me some slack:(

*runs away crying*

:D

:D yes, i am different, i am not the tipical ''oh, this shirt looks good, i have to have it, oh god is my new haircut good? does my jacket fit together with these jeans, oh oh oh!'' i enjoy conversations with class-mates like ''did you see messi's goal against valencia? i bet that arsenal will win tomorrow. no, gerrard IS better than lucas, damnit, what kind of football fan are you?''

:D yes, i am different, i am not the tipical ''oh, this shirt looks good, i have to have it, oh god is my new haircut good? does my jacket fit together with these jeans, oh oh oh!'' i enjoy conversations with class-mates like ''did you see messi's goal against valencia? i bet that arsenal will win tomorrow. no, gerrard IS better than lucas, damnit, what kind of football fan are you?''

What? Gerrard? Better than Lucas? I've met cabbages with more talent them Gerrard! I mean, the only reason he plays on the wing for Liverpool is because they have better central midfielders!

Still, we Seagulls will knock the scoucers out if we play them in the Cup next season!:D

no, gerrard IS better than lucas,

Are your classmates a bit off the pace so to speak, thinking Lucas is better than Gerard lol.

I think I saw one once when at FC Bayern, why do defenders try them though. I scored one once when I was about 13, it was one of those slow motion falling backwards rather than acrobatic ones lol.

I'm surprised I remember anything when I was 13, it was 12 years ago and I thought alcohol and parental sleepless night would have wiped most of my pre 18 memories. However that game stands out in my memory because I forgot the new left winger was deaf and kept shouting "man on" at him when he had the ball, I got told off afterwards.

Has anyone actually ever scored one :s? My strikers attempt them far too often, and never score. Infact times when heading the ball would be the best or only logical option, they decide to blast it miles over the bar with an overhead kick. Why oh why? Anyone else notice this...?

Have you ever tried heading the ball goalwards with your back to goal :confused:

i tried a over head kick whilst playing for my footie team a while back.. from about 30 yards.

Mite i say never try one in the dying seconds of a game with a striker facing a open net.

I was a midfielder lol

I had a big fat DC playing for L:isburn Ranger in FM07 and he scored over 100 goals goals for me.

He also scored my 1 and only overhead kick. It was from a poorly delivered corner or free-kick, (it was a set-piece anyway), and he just buried it at the far post.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the commentary.

In real terms I have tried many overhead kicks, (and even actually connected with a couple), but NEVER ever ever managed to get a shot on target never mind about score a goal.

You made my day...a chick that likes football AND plays Football Manager. The world is becoming a better place.

On the note of overhead kicks, I dont like my team having too much flair seen my strikers try it a few times and the ball just went out the stadium. Seen a few in FM07 though.

I do recall one of my star players in a previous FM 08 save having attempted quite a few overhead kicks and ended up actually scoring once or twice. Even though you don't see the action in 3D, it was still cool to see the ball just whiz by the keeper at top speed. It happens, but not too often at all.

Pablo on my At Madrid team tries on basically every other corner kick. It's really annoying and I wish he would stop because he never makes them.

Simao scored one though. I had an in-direct free kick at around the half-field line. It was curled in and it looked like a header in but the commentary went crazy and the goal of the month description called it an overhead kick.

Archived