Problems with screenshots

Sorry if this has been posted before.

For some reason I can't take screenshots form FM13. Have never had this problem on earlier versions and can of course see that many people in here posts lots of screenshots.

What's happening is: When I'm in game and click "print screen" or F12 the "picture" taken is not from the FM13 screen but from my Windows screen....and I just don't understand why??

If anyone has got a soloution I would be happy to hear it :)

Because that is what "print Screen" does. I believe there is a function key option to print the game screen? I am not entirely sure as I use a Mac, and the keys are different.

Yeah, but the strange thing is that in earlier versions of FM it has worked perfectly to use print screen and I have usually just pasted it into paint, so this is the first version where it does not work for me to use it in FM.

I have also tried alt F9 after seing that proposed in another thread but that won't work either. Really frustrating, but as you say I guess there must be a setting somewhere that needs to be turned on.

Normal PC's/laptops, to take a screenshot press Alt+F9. That will save a screenshot in My Documents/Sports Interactive/FM13/Screenshots.

From there you can crop and edit them in paint. To upload them, go onto something like imageshack or photobucket. Upload it, and if you want to post the picture itself you need to use the code which has something like 'IMG Code' next to it.

Normal PC's/laptops, to take a screenshot press Alt+F9. That will save a screenshot in My Documents/Sports Interactive/FM13/Screenshots.

From there you can crop and edit them in paint. To upload them, go onto something like imageshack or photobucket. Upload it, and if you want to post the picture itself you need to use the code which has something like 'IMG Code' next to it.

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately this does not work for me. When I push Alt+F9 sometimes nothing happens and no new files are found on my machine....but some times I hear a "pling" and I get up an error-message that says "Fm2013 is already running" and then it gets straight to a steam error. No new files found on my machine after this pling either.

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately this does not work for me. When I push Alt+F9 sometimes nothing happens and no new files are found on my machine....but some times I hear a "pling" and I get up an error-message that says "Fm2013 is already running" and then it gets straight to a steam error. No new files found on my machine after this pling either.

What country are you from? Who is the manufacturer and/or distributer of your pc/laptop? what windows system do you use?

I would need more info in order to help you

What country are you from? Who is the manufacturer and/or distributer of your pc/laptop? what windows system do you use?

I would need more info in order to help you

Sorry for late reply.

I'm from Norway. Have built my pc myself used an AsusP6x58D-E as a base, using Windows 7 home premieum 64bits. Just tell me if you need more info and I will post it :)

Thanks for the help!

• 11 months later...

I'm now having the same issue as I have a new laptop. The Alt F9 method doesn't work, as on my laptop that closes programs. Print screen doesn't work, and using the windows key and print screen button produces an image of either my desktop, or a Google Chrome internet window if I have one open behind FM13. My laptop is a Lenovo G505s running Windows 8

Sorry for late reply.

I'm from Norway. Have built my pc myself used an AsusP6x58D-E as a base, using Windows 7 home premieum 64bits. Just tell me if you need more info and I will post it :)

Thanks for the help!

Do Alt+Prt Sc and it will copy the ACTIVE window as an image to your clipboard. I hope that helps.

• 6 months later...

Archived