FM13: Gateshead - The Heed Army.

col_nufc1

Gateshead Football Club.

Gateshead_FC.png

1D198E82-F948-C307-4B1744C3198DD0A4.jpg

gatesheadkits.jpg

Welcome to my Gateshead career.

This will be a one club career were I will try to take Gateshead from the Blue Square Premier League up through the divisions until we get into the Premier League. Then the challenge will be to try and make Gateshead a force to be reckoned with in England and ultimately in Europe.

These are the Countries and Leagues that I have selected on this save.

gatesheadselectedleague.jpg

I have also loaded all players in Curacao and Reunion.

Club Information.

gatesheadinformationgen.jpg

gatesheadinformationfac.jpg

gatesheadinformationaff.jpg

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what the playing squad looks like when you start the game.

First Team Squad.

gatesheadfirstteamsquad.jpg

Reserve Team.

gatesheadreserveteamsqu.jpg

U18's.

gatesheadu18teamsquadat.jpg

The strongest players from the starting squad are the two central defenders Carl Magnay and Ben Clark who according to my coaches are already good League Two standard. Also Former Newcastle United youngster Ryan Donaldson is of a League Two standard.

We are weak on the wings, at full back and central midfield so these will be the areas that I will focus my attention on in the transfer market by signing either free agents or loan deals (something hopefully my parent club Newcastle United can help me with).

Season Expectations.

gatesheadseasonexpectat.jpg

I chose a top half finish this season even though I expect to be in and around the play offs positions this season.

The difference in the wages was so small I thought I could do without the added pressure from the board and supporters so I decided to go for the easier target, although I do think we will achieve better this season.

Gateshead_FC.png

July & August 2012.

Transfers.

gatesheadtransfersinfir.jpg

Results.

gatesheadresultsinjulya.jpg

Blue Square Premier Table.

gatesheadbsptableendofa.jpg

We have not done to bad so far considering the players are still trying to gel with each other and learn our tactical approach. The thing that has me impressed is our defence, we have not conceeded a goal in the Blue Square Premier yet although I have probably just jinxed us and we conceed a few in our next game :lol:.

A good start the one thing i notice is the two 0-0's at Home is that because teams are sitting deeper against you? or did you just not finish the chances you had? but good luck i normally manage Heed at some point
Thanks mate.It was a bit of both really, we are creating chances but our attacking players aren't putting them away and every team we've played so far are dropping players deep against us and we are trying to many long shots out of frustration.

September - October 2012.

Results.

gatesheadresultsinsepta.jpg

gatesheadbsptableendofo.jpg

We are drawing a lot of games that we should be winning but a lack of composure in front of goal is now really starting to hurt us and if this continues we will be dropping to many points to have a title challenge.

We have dropped down to second in the league now and are one point behind Grimsby Town. I think I might make some slight changes to some of the player roles and possibly tinker with some of the team instructions/formations.

Gateshead_FC.png

November 2012 - January 2013.

Transfers.

gatesheadtransfersinsea.jpg

Results.

gatesheadresultsinnovto.jpg

gatesheadbsptableendofj.jpg

We have been playing really good football these lack few months having switched from the 4-2-3-1 Deep and 4-5-1 formations that we had been playing but now we are playing a 4-4-2 and we look much more threatening in front of goal :).

We are on two good cup runs as well, in the FA cup we have knocked out teams in higher leagues than us including Walsall, Scunthorpe, AFC Wimbledon and Bristol City. Our reward for doing this is a trip to Carrow Road to face Norwich City, I was hoping we would get one of the Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Newcastle United for the financial rewards but no we get bloody Norwich City :rolleyes:.

I have been playing our back up eleven in the FA Trophy after getting a easy run up to the semi final were we will play Grimsby Town in a two leg semi final. It should be two good games between us as Grimsby have been fighting it out with us in the league for the top spot.

Gateshead_FC.png

February 2012.

gatesheadresultsinfebse.jpg

After we put up a great fight against Premier League side Norwich City and taking them to a replay, class finally outshone gritt, fight and determination to knock us out of the FA cup.

We are through to the FA Trophy final after beating Grimsby. We will play Dartford in the final so hopefully we can claim our first piece of silverware under my guidance.

Gateshead_FC.png

March 2012.

gatesheadresultsinmarch.jpg

gatesheadbsptableendofm.jpg

We win our first trophy this season with a 2-0 win over Dartford at Wembley Stadium in the FA Trophy final :cool:.

I am finding it really difficult to put a fit team out at the moment with so many games played in a short period of time and also a few injuries and suspensions and my squad is a bit depleted.

The youth intake that we had was god awful, every single player will not be offered the chance to play for Gateshead so hopefully my scouts will find me some good youngsters that have not been signed from some of the bigger clubs.

Mate, do not take the star ratings for the youth intake as gospel. It is a known bug and SI have confirmed it. If you sign the players your assistant recommends, their true ratings will be shown. Look at my thread for proof. All were 1star with three players showing at a maximum of two stars. Once signed, these three became four stars. Just sign those recommended to you and they will be ok.

Mate, do not take the star ratings for the youth intake as gospel. It is a known bug and SI have confirmed it. If you sign the players your assistant recommends, their true ratings will be shown. Look at my thread for proof. All were 1star with three players showing at a maximum of two stars. Once signed, these three became four stars. Just sign those recommended to you and they will be ok.
I never knew that mate, I think they have all been released I will have a look the next time I go on my computer.They were all half a star for potential which was classed as a decent Blue Square North/South player in the future.

Gateshead_FC.png

April 2013.

gatesheadresultsinapril.jpg

gatesheadbsptableendofs.jpg

We won the league quite easily in the end and by ten points. Our rock solid defence was the platform for our great season which resulted in the double :).

gatesheadsquadendofseas.jpg

Most of the squad should be good enough for League Two although I will need to bring in some strikers who know were the back of the net is, as that is a area were we really struggled with this season.

Of the first team squad players, Ben Clark, James Brown, Ryan McGorrigan will be released at the end of season as all three wanted silly wages for what there ability is and all three would just be back up players next season anyway.

I'll try to sign the four players that I had on loan, Rob Lainton, Amine Linganzi and Gerardo Bruna are available on free transfers and Marnick Vermijl will hopefully come back on loan for a second season from Manchester United.

I'll have a good look through the players that have been released to see if there are any good players that are willing to play for Gateshead, hopefully I can sign a few depending on what sort of wage/transfer budget the board gives me.

Gateshead_FC.png

July 2013.

I have went for a mid table finish for the extra transfer budget, although I fully expect to be in a play off postition at the least this season.

gatesheadplannedyouthfa.jpg

I have finally got the board to agree to something that I have requested, so the youth facilities are being improved probably due to our cup runs last season putting the club in a healthy position.

Gateshead_FC.png

July & August 2013.

gatesheadleaguetwotable.jpg

A really good month for us in August, as we win all our games in our first season in league football.

We have been knocked out of the Capital One cup in the second round after losing 2-1 to Championship side Middlesbrough. We beat another Championship side in the first round as we beat Huddersfield town at the Galpharm Stadium.

Gateshead_FC.png

Transfers.

After the scouring the Globe for what seemed like ages I signed some really good for this level Scandinavian players that will hopefully help me get out of this league at the first attempt.

Newcastle United are really annoying me at the moment though, they are my parent club and are refusing to let me loan any players off them as they went them to play at a higher level.

Meet The Players.

Neil Etheridge

Robin Shroot

Troy Brown

Rob Lainton

Esteban Lopez

Andy Coughlin

Jake Nicolson

Eric Dier

Soren Bodker

Oliver N'Siabamfumu

Jack Butler

Luca Scapuzzi

Espen Nystuen

Geir Andre Herrem

Torstein Andersen Aase

Emiliano Marcondes

Luke Garbutt

Phil Ofosu-Ayeh

Christophe Psyche

Gateshead_FC.png

September - October 2013.

gatesheadresultsinsepta.jpg

I was not really happy with how we performed in September and October. I normally like to play possesion football but it is becoming increasingly impossible on some of the pitches in League Two and I think I might have to alter my approach and play a more disciplined, direct style of football.

Gateshead_FC.png

November 2013 - January 2014.

gatesheadresultsinnovto.jpg

I haven't had the time to play FM over the last few days but I have played it a little today and it's went quite well.

We had a easy run in the FA cup upto the 4th round were we were knocked out by Norwich City again.

We have also done well in the Johnstone's Trophy and are now into the North final were we will play League One side Sheffield United in a two legged tie.

We are walking away with the League Two trophy at the moment and we find ourselves 15 points clear after 32 games, so it will take a massive **** up to not get promoted.

Gateshead_FC.png

Transfers.

gatesheadtransfersinsea.jpg

Meet The Players.

Rasmus Nielsen

Ashley Westwood

Abdi Ibrahim

Marnock Vermijl

We signed just the four players in the January transfer window, two on loan deals and two free transfers.

Three of the players that came in were central midfielders as we have a injury crisis there at the moment and I brung Marnock Vermijl back for his second loan spell at Gateshead from Manchester United.

Gateshead_FC.png

February 2014.

gatesheadresultsinfebse.jpg

Well maybe I spoke to soon as February was a shocking month for us in the league, two defeats without scoring a goal has seen Colchester United pull to within six points behind us. We have a couple of games inhand but the way we've played this month it is har to see were our next point is coming from.

The good news though is that we are through to the final of the Johnstone's Trophy after beating Sheffield United over two legs. So we are at Wmbley Stadium for the second time in two seasons and will play League One leaders Peterborough United in the final, which will obviously be a very tough game for us to win.

Gateshead_FC.png

Youth Candidates Day.

gatesheadyouthcandidate.jpg

So they all look awful, this is what they look like now after my assistant manager has reviewed them.

gatesheadyouthcandidatet.jpg

All of them bar Lee Kilburn are still really poor.

Lee Kilburn

My assistant rates him as a decent Blue Square North/South player with the potential to become a good League One player, so not great but the best of a bad bunch.

Gateshead_FC.png

March 2014.

gatesheadresultsinmarch.jpg

A good month for us which has resulted in us being promoted from League Two with six league games still to play. Now with five games to play we need to win just one game to be crowned champions and the next game is against the team currently in second place Colchester United, it should be a good one.

I brung in Brazilian midfielder Sandrinho from Sheffield Wednesday on a three month loan deal, to add a bit more strength and depth to the side.

Gateshead_FC.png

End Of Season 2013/14 Review.

League Two Champions & Johnstone Paint Trophy winners.

leaguetwotrophy.jpgstrophy.jpg

We won the League Two title very easily and we finished twenty two points clear of Colchester United in second place.

gatesheadsquadendofseas.jpg

The Future.

Next season my main problem will be trying to get rid of the low minimum release clauses from some of my best players contracts. Also we still have a few players from our Blue Square Premier days and they will have to go as they won't be anywhere near good enough for League One standards.

Hopefully next season Newcastle United will finally let me loan some of there youngsters as players like Haris Vuckic, Remie Streete, Adam Campbell could really give us a big boost.

Well it's not took very long but my star forward Torstein Andersen Aase has had his low minimum fee release clause activated and he won't sign a new contract with us as his agent hates me. All I can hope for now is that he turns down the offers from Premier League sides Cardiff City and Huddersfield Town and Championship side Watford and he decides to leave his agent.

Gateshead_FC.png

Season 2014/15 Expectations.

Prior to the bid for Torstein Andersen Aase I picked a top half finish for us as I thought the Norwegians goals would fire us up the table but now that he might not be here I am not so sure :(.

I will have to scour the World again and look for a possible replacement for him.

I really wish my board would upgrade my scouting from UK & Ireland to at least Europe it would make things a lot quicker/easier for me.

Gateshead_FC.png

Transfers.

After spending ages looking for players I am quite happy with what I managed to bring in to Gateshead in the first transfer window.

All the players were free agents or transfer listed for a low price which I got the club to accept a offer of no money.

Meet The Players.

Marnock Vermijl

Todd Kane

Ryan Taylor

Paul Anderson

Alexandre N'Gadi

Giuseppe Pisano

John-Joe O'Toole

Marcel Hilßner

Conor Coady

Fabien Farnolle

Nick Marsman

Damien Plessis

Geoffrey Mujangi Bia

Gateshead_FC.png

July - August 2014.

gatesheadleagueonetable.jpg

If you take away the two games against Barnsley we have had a very good month for our first season in League One. I am very pleased with the way the players bounced back from them two defeats and now we sit top of the table after five games.

We have been dealt with a blow though as Ryan Taylor is out injured with strained ankle ligaments and will be out for about four weeks. Hopefully one of the other forwards in my squad will step up to the plate now and replace his goals.

Archived