Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

Default Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

Thank you all for your feedback on the last ME 1324, we've made the changes listed below and have now released ME 1325.

Please provide any thoughts and feedback on the new match engine in this thread.

ME 1325:
    • Further refined engagement of ball player
    • Toned down speed players can run with ball a little
    • Slight toning down of run with ball probability
    • Fine-tuned kick and header accuracy a little further
    These changes should help to fix the following issues;
    • Players dribbling through the middle of the pitch too easily, too often
    • High number of goals per game
    • Teams winning games by margins of 5+ goals far too often
    Other useful links

Release info - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...l-Manager-2013
    FM13 FAQ - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php
    FM13 Bugs Forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

All non-match engine feedback here please - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...eedback-Thread

Also please read this before posting - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...nd-Forum-Rules.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Amateur

Thanks a million for this especially on christmas eve! Merry Christmas .

Reserves

Thanks Stuart... much appreciated!

Amateur

Can I Just say a massive thank you to SI for this Patch - Its Christmas eve and they are working hard to keep all their customers happy (although I haven't tried the patch yet...);-)

in or seriousness tho many many thanks

Amateur

Awesome early Xmas present. Cheers guys

Amateur

Playing the last match I've rage quitted again in full detail. Impressions soon.

Edit1: Yes my midfielders passing forward YAY...

Amateur

Haven't tested it yet but want to thank you developers for working on it and fixing this despite festive season! Merry Christmas.

Amateur

Sweet, thanks for the extra Christmas gift SI !

Amateur

Thank you for this!

Semi Pro
    Living life in lower leagues using my own guidelines,searching for hours for just the right player.

Merry Christmas Stuart and everyone at SI and everyone on these boards.

I wont get the chance to play now until after Christmas,once the kid is in bed it is time to start building his gifts.

I will give feedback after I have had a chance to give it a whirl.

Have a good one everyone.

Amateur

I haven't tried this yet, this is sure a good gift for all of us, i appreciate the the big effort to release something so quick, Merry Christmas everyone.

Amateur

Thanks SI

Amateur

Thank you the whole team at SI. Anyone could have forgiven you for leaving this due to the date but alas the great company you are fixes the issues. Thank you and merry Christmas.

Please keep your feedback constructive and ideally without swearing, thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliPT View Post
    This is contructive feedback, have you tested the patch yet? And it's Christmas ffs so check your tone, show a little respect for their work.
    well said - were all here with families etc and the guys working on this patch are wel...working on this patch for us all to enjoy - like someone said they could have quite easily left this until after Christmas - but their passion for the game is such that they felt this wasn't acceptable - again thank you SI

Amateur

Thanks for the update, today of all days.

Amateur

Have the excessive amount of injuries been sorted out in this patch??

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton14 View Post
    The changelist is in the OP - nothing affecting injuries. Probably because there aren't excessive amounts compared to real life.

Amateur

Got to say that I had a feeling we would be graced with an update before Christmas Day. No less welcome though. I will be sure to leave feedback after a couple of hours game time.

Merry Christmas from a Brit in Brisbane

Amateur

I am not talking smack about the game developers, im talking smack about the users that spent one month calling other users stupid because, in their minds, the ME had no problems and no one knew how to play.

The ME had problems, they were fixed. Then some more problems appeared (wingers playing like Maradona against England), those problems seem to be fixed with this patch.

As for some of the users here. The question remains, you were calling people stupid because the "ME was perfect". If it was so goddamn perfect... why did it need 2 patches? Ill tell you, it wasn't perfect and you were all sheep that could not comprehend that there were serious problems with the game!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton14 View Post
    Would an ME patch fix this?

~~~

Anyways, thanks for the update Merry Christmas to everyone at SI and on these forums!

Amateur

Haven't tried it but thank you nonetheless. Happy holidays to everyone.

Part-Timer

Thanks guys! How do I check that my game will have updated? As I didn't notice Steam do anything, but it's set to automatic updates.

Amateur
    I can give up this game whenever I like. I just don't want to yet...

Interesting! Will give feedback soon.

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky1989 View Post
    Thanks guys! How do I check that my game will have updated? As I didn't notice Steam do anything, but it's set to automatic updates.
    Click [FM] -> [About Football Manager] and it should show that you have version 13.2.1 with ME 1325.

Check in your in-game preferences (top left-corner) or game status screen and it'll show you the version number. Thanks.

Amateur

I must admit, as a major skeptic of FM13 and its match engine, that this is an incredible effort from you guys at SI to release a patch on Christmas Eve.

Amateur

Hey all, thanks a lot for the update.

I'm out of town right now for the holidays and am deciding whether to go online with steam long enough to d/l using my network tethering from my iphone. I have a lot of data per month, but I'm just curious on the actual size of the patch?

Thanks again.

Amateur

Try going to STEAM --> Library and see if it says "1 Item complete" at the bottom. If it does, click it, and see if isnt FM.

If not, try restarting STEAM.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
    Hey all, thanks a lot for the update.

I'm out of town right now for the holidays and am deciding whether to go online with steam long enough to d/l using my network tethering from my iphone. I have a lot of data per month, but I'm just curious on the actual size of the patch?

Thanks again.
    41mb i believe

Amateur

great released a fix for this

but they've completely ignore editor bug forum since last week patch as problems that was suppose to fixed in the patch for the editor for those that like to create and expand database still doesn't work properly, not one issue raised since that patch has been reviewed so that we know its been looked at

i am happy for those that are able to play but those that like playing like i do with an editted databases still cant play the game,

we paided are money like everyone else and cant do what we are supposed to be able to do with the editor which they provide so why bother providing it

Amateur

Damn it, no network fix for client slowdown in matches??
    But thanks for this.

Amateur

Ho Ho Ho, just got back from some last minute Xmas shopping to find that Santa has visited the SI forum & released a new patch before Christmas!

Looking forward to trying this out now, hope most of the problems have been resolved.

Thanks SI for getting this done on Xmas eve & Happy Holidays to you all!

Amateur

Immense download traffic. My broadband download speed is 28.77mbps, currently downloading this patch at 171kbps :mad:

Amateur

Thanks for the update though still trying to find an answer for my previous post:-

Has the pressing of central defenders closing down central midfielders - even though they have instructions to cover and not close down been confirmed as a bug? It would be great to hear an acknowledgement if this is indeed a minor issue.

I noticed that Ackter wasn't a fan of 2 covering defenders in an earlier post on this thread which doesn't spell good omens for my side as I played with 2 covering defenders in the last patch with reasonable success, now however my defenders are having a torrid time. My concept is detailed in this thread :- http://community.sigames.com/showthr...06#post8402406

It's disappointing that I currently can't get my idea to work as I believe it was well thought out and was playing to my strengths (fast defence) rather than exploiting the match engine.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by 4ndyMUFC View Post
    great released a fix for this

but they've completely ignore editor bug forum since last week patch as problems that was suppose to fixed in the patch for the editor for those that like to create and expand database still doesn't work properly, not one issue raised since that patch has been reviewed so that we know its been looked at

i am happy for those that are able to play but those that like playing like i do with an editted databases still cant play the game,

we paided are money like everyone else and cant do what we are supposed to be able to do with the editor which they provide so why bother providing it
    It's an ME update and all other issues will be looked at for the next big update I'm sure..

For now, please keep on topic and leave this for ME feedback only.

Thanks.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazmuz View Post
    Try going to STEAM --> Library and see if it says "1 Item complete" at the bottom. If it does, click it, and see if isnt FM.

If not, try restarting STEAM.
    Many thanks, FM has indeed updated. I've had steam for years...yet have only just noticed that feature!

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

The change list clearly states what's been updated so far, also please don't derail the thread with off topic questions etc, this thread is for feedback on the current ME build ONLY, ta.

Amateur

I´ve tried two games and Man utd was the only team winning by five goals, however i really appreciate SI effort to make the customers happy.

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

full backs still seem to run too much with the ball.
    my liverpool team just got ripped apart my man city because clichy kept dribbling through my entire team as if the ball was stuck to his big toe. he starts off deep in his own half, runs 70 yard up field, jinxing past every one and smashes it into the back of the net from 2 yards out.
    i ended up losing 4-1 while playing a 4231 formation with two defensive midfielders and 3 normal midfielders.

i get it with my players too. most noticebly Enrique.

Part-Timer

Fantastic work guys, merry christmas to you all.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    41mb i believe
    Thanks a lot.

Amateur

Played 1 game with update so far, still seems to be a lot of running with the ball, Antonio Valencia just ran past about 3 players and scored from the byline basically. Will try out a few other matches and update more. PS im chelsea.

Amateur

United and Chelsea had 35 and 39 shots respectively in their first games after the update, but tbf they played against relegation zone teams.

Amateur

Wow...havent played it yet but to bring out a patch on Christmas Eve is impressive so many thanks to all who worked on it

Semi Pro

Thanks for the efforts, SI. We all know there have been problems, and much frustration from them. People can criticise the game, but cannot criticise the efforts.

Thanks again.

Amateur

Ok i did my first game where i've stopped when the last patch came out, it's quite a hard game as it was away against Chelsea.

I lost 5-2, not bothered since the last patch came out there's something wrong with my tactics i'd guess as my lone striker simply stopped working.

+ It's good to see that the markings are now better, with CB's covering the side if FB's get too forward.
    + Tackling seems more urgent on situations there's gonna be a lotta space.
    + Dribblings seem fixed.

- On these 7 goals, 4 were headers which people were complaining about being missed too much.. i think i know what the next complain is.. hehe, no it was just a game no reason to conclude anything but they did seem very lethal.

Only downer i've noticed, although this might be related to my tactics, is why the players keep trying to pass the ball to places where's there an opponent in front?

Banned

Great news! well done SI! we appreciate your effort to release a hotfix on Christmas day.

Amateur

I'm not sure there are too many other companies that would be releasing a patch on Christmas eve. Excellent customer support once again. So thank you and Merry Christmas to everyone at SI.

Amateur

when you score the game stops for fraction of sec,but only happens when your team scores it appears.It was happening before the patch other people had commented.

Sports Interactive Michael Burling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stockport toffee View Post
    when you score the game stops for fraction of sec,but only happens when your team scores it appears.It was happening before the patch other people had commented.
    This is an issue we are looking into, can you please try the following to see if helps you go into Preferences -> Match and where it says 3D change it from Automatic to 60fps and try going down the list and if it fixes the issue for you.

Amateur

Thanks SI.

I will report if there is any changes in dribbling, tackles and distance covered after my next PL and CL rounds.

Amateur

Has Closing Down been tweaked?

In the previous patch I had my defenders on low Closing Down (3 clicks) and it seemed to work, but now they seem to back off until the player has entered the penalty area.

Cheers

Amateur

Default Can't update

Sorry I couldn't update, is that because I am playing the Asia version?? I did restart steam & computer and also click auto update already. Thanks and merry Christmas!
    Last edited by ryanccy; 24-12-2012 at 16:14.

Amateur

Merry Christmas everyone!

SI, thanks for the patch, hopefully this one will make the holidays more enjoyable!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MAGiCK_FOOTBALL View Post

In the previous patch I had my defenders on low Closing Down (3 clicks) and it seemed to work, but now they seem to back off until the player has entered the penalty area.

Cheers
    You had found a fix for an issue that is now corrected, so as it was expected your defenders will back off too much, leave closing down as default and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGiCK_FOOTBALL View Post

Cheers
    There has been some changes to engagement of ball player. On low closing down (3 clicks) the option is Own Area so it will be deep before the engage the player.

Part-Timer

i signed kakuta from chelsea on loan he was dribbling through the middle of the pitch too easily i thought he was great watching him do this and bang in a great goal so i signed him then i see the new patch has stopped this lol i hope he still is good now after this

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ryanccy View Post
    Sorry I couldn't update, is that because I am playing the Asia version? Thanks and merry Christmas!
    No, steam will update regardless of the game's language, close your game, restart steam see if it updates. If not click on your game properties on steam and verify the cache, that should do it.

Amateur

Looks like I'm going to start again. Again.
    Pre-patch; 8 wins in a row. After patch; 4 defeats in a row

Problem is, I'm not a tactical genius so I don't really know exactly where I was going right before. And now that the game is updated, I don't really know where I'm going wrong

Amateur

Why didn't update Russian version?)

Amateur

Wow impressive work SI. Haven't updated yet but to get an update out at this time in the holiday is impressive. Hope people appreciate what these guys do. Not many (if any) other games companies who give this kind of service.

I just hope it doesn't wreck my tactics with Monaco! I'm on a good run!

Reserves

I'd suggest giving it some time if it hasn't updated yet, especially those in Asia, Russia or any other regional area's... it may take some time for the clients to update.

You can try verifying your cache or restarting steam or changing download location.. but i'm sure it will update soonly

Amateur

Do I need to start a new save for the new patch to take affect?

Quote Originally Posted by ramie View Post
    Do I need to start a new save for the new patch to take affect?
    We always recommend a new game to get best out of a patch, but it is not required, you can continue your save game.

Reserves

No ramie... ME changes will be save game compatible.

Amateur

Okay, so i know its very early and i've only played a League Cup round but here is what i saw:

- Dribblings have been reduced down to 5-7 at average for the fastest and/or most technical players
    - Tackles are down to 8-10 average
    - Distance covered is still abit high IMO, with the highest bracket being 12-14 km average

So far it looks much better overall.

Amateur

No, steam will update regardless of the game's language, close your game, restart steam see if it updates. If not click on your game properties on steam and verify the cache, that should do it.
    Thanks, it's okay now!!

Amateur

Thanks and merry Christmas!

Semi Pro

5th patch now in how many months since release, I think we all apreaciate the effort but shouldnt this be done before the game comes out

Amateur

Thanks SI,really big props for patch on christmas eve
    Haven't tried it yet but if the scores are in real life levels,i 'll be happy.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hough View Post
    5th patch now in how many months since release, I think we all apreaciate the effort but shouldnt this be done before the game comes out
    It's been explained ad nauseaum why this year is a bit of a one off regarding the ME.

Amateur

Update on Christmas eve! SI that is simply stunning, hats off to you!!!!

Amateur

Hello guys. Playing russian version of the game and steam doesn't update the game (still me v1324). Restart steam doesn't work and i know a lot of people with such problem. Waiting for answer. Thanks
    Last edited by RAZORITEL; 24-12-2012 at 16:51.

Reserves

Try verifying your cache Razoritel:

http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?version=pcmac&id=83

Also... try changing the download region in steam settings...

If lots are having the same issue I suspect it's just a matter of waiting for download regions to update before you get the update..

Amateur

Thanks indeed for releasing this n the middle of the holidays.

However, I've noticed a complete lack of through balls since the last two 13.2 patches. I mean none whatsoever, even though my instructions are clear. Anyone else noticed that? I haven't seen one in over 30 games (and I watch the whole game always) since 13.2. Instead all attacks are through the flanks...

Quote Originally Posted by RAZORITEL View Post
    Hello guys. Playing russian version of the game and steam doesn't update the game (still me v1324). Restart steam doesn't work and i know a lot of people with such problem. Waiting for answer. Thanks
    Unfortunatley we were unable to prepare this build in time, we apologise for this but it will be updated as soon as possible.

Third Team

Has anybody noticed during night games, it's dark during the game (or at least it seems dark) but at half time and full time, while the camera spins around the ground in the background (behind the team talk screen) it's daylight? I can see clouds/blue sky.

Really strange.

Amateur

Fewer goals (though Real just won 8-2) but free kicks seem to be back to their 13.1.x version, no power in them whatsoever.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by S2008 View Post
    I must admit, as a major skeptic of FM13 and its match engine, that this is an incredible effort from you guys at SI to release a patch on Christmas Eve.

+1

You earned a million bonus points in my heart for your effort. I will buy your product again and again if the service is like this.

Amateur

Regarding ME updates, Is there any possibility of having the option to delay the implementation of ME updates until the close season in game, it really throws the whole "im the manager ive created this tactic and played 75% of the season accordingly" to have it all changed at the drop of a hat. ESPECIALLY online.

The ME updated today and its altered the effects of slaved over tactics, if we could hold it off until the close season rather than the ME updating 2 days before a champs league knockout game etc etc, at least this way we would have the choice to end the current season on the terms it started it on, and then start the new season with the new set of rules you give us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Pigeon View Post
    Regarding ME updates, Is there any possibility of having the option to delay the implementation of ME updates until the close season in game, it really throws the whole "im the manager ive created this tactic and played 75% of the season accordingly" to have it all changed at the drop of a hat. ESPECIALLY online.

The ME updated today and its altered the effects of slaved over tactics, if we could hold it off until the close season rather than the ME updating 2 days before a champs league knockout game etc etc, at least this way we would have the choice to end the current season on the terms it started it on, and then start the new season with the new set of rules you give us.
    This isn't something we can currently do, but I will propose it as a feature for possible future versions, but I don't know if this would be possible.

Amateur

I wonder when it will be fixed that Wingers scoring after running with the ball from the crosses on the goalline ... this is so annoying and happens every game .. im watching football since many years and this happens almost NEVER... and btw .. my players still dribbling with the ball thru the whole field

Semi Pro

It's possible to deactivate automatic updates in steam, therefore you can chose when you want to update the game.

Amateur

I'm second in the league with Southampton in the first season, and despite doing ridiculously well I'm just not enjoying it at all. All my games seem to be won through counter-attacking despite not having a counter-attacking tactic, the prolificacy of both teams is laughable and all in all it just feels wrong. After playing three matches on the new patch here are a couple of things that are still not right:

Goalkeepers are still shockingly bad. A howler maybe a couple of times a season is fine, but having sometimes two every game is just stupid. Also noticed that my keeper once picked up the ball and slid out over the line. Should have been a corner, but he just walked back on and carried on with the game.

Fullbacks still insist on playing like Glen Johnson - dribbling far too much, not passing in obvious situations and cutting inside before blasting the ball miles wide. And yes, my instructions are all the opposite of what I've just said.

No matter how many men you have in midfield, I constantly get 'we're being overrun in midfield'. This happens whether I play 4-2-4, 4-4-2, 4-3-1-2 (Narrow), 4-1-2-1-2 etc etc. Just can't win.

Finally, fed up of having to trawl through my Mac and change the info.plst after every update to get the screen to display correctly. Appreciate the effort, but like Mr Hough said, five patches to get it anywhere near playable/enjoyable is laughable really. Just gonna call 13 a write off and wait for 14.

Amateur

Total shots per game is still over 30 in current ME.

In the aspect of number of shooting, update 13.1.0 had the balance.
    The problem was the low accuracy of the shooting and too many long shots.

After update 13.2.0, number of shooting has skyrocketed and the balance was lost.

In this update 13.2.1, now you are making the accuracy of shooting even lower.

Please try this solution.

1. Please increase the accuracy of shooting from the base of 13.1.0.
    Increase to the 1.4 goals per game for Messi. (Messi scored one goal per game with User and AI manager in 13.1.0)
    2. Solve the long shot problem.
    Let the players to prefer pass or dribble when they are in the poor site for long shots.

Real Football numbers in this season
    Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa ; Chelsea 24 shots
    Barcelona 5-1 Athletic ; Barcelona 19 shots
    R.Madrid 5-0 Mallorca ; RM 12 shots

I want to play Football manager, which is a simulation game not an arcade game.
    Current FM13 is Fifa13 without control
    Last edited by mentalist123; 24-12-2012 at 17:12.

Amateur

I'm about to try a new game but I really wanted to thank SI for their comitment to the community. I don't know any other studio that would work hard on an update the day before Christmas. Thank you.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burling View Post
    Unfortunatley we were unable to prepare this build in time, we apologise for this but it will be updated as soon as possible.
    Thanks for answer. Will it be available till tomorrow?

Amateur

And again nothing is done about the real problem - defending.
    It's not just atrocious, it's laughable.
    You've got some serious making up to do SI, or you'll lose at least 1 customer and a lot of your reputability and trust.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by KUBI View Post
    It's possible to deactivate automatic updates in steam, therefore you can chose when you want to update the game.
    It's not possible, no.
    The Steam DRM does not effectively allow deactivating updates to continue playing an older version, and the game DRM only permits Steam online play, so online leagues (which was the subject) can't choose to keep an older version.

Amateur

•Further refined engagement of ball player

What does this mean?

Amateur

Does this update fix the incredibly slow network game matches for clients? taking like 45 minutes to play 1 game, fm 2012 was perfect ran fine with no issues now this takes forever...

Amateur

Ok thanks for the update, its not a moan but by changing the ME your naturally "moving the goalposts" so to speak, and that causes much annoyance mid season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ryanccy View Post
    Thanks and merry Christmas!
    Anytime Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Aineswoot25 View Post
    Does this update fix the incredibly slow network game matches for clients? taking like 45 minutes to play 1 game, fm 2012 was perfect ran fine with no issues now this takes forever...
    No this is a ME only hotfix as the change list says.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpy07 View Post
    •Further refined engagement of ball player

What does this mean?
    I think it means they tweaked the logic for closing down the player with the ball.

Amateur

Just seen west brom beat chelsea 7-1. Im enjoying this patch.

Having got the game the day it came out i felt the match engine was originally pretty bad with so many ridiculous things going on. Having played with the patches since though i think the difference is clear to see. It has dramatically improved and i'm really enjoying it now.

Amateur

I can't shake the feeling that Strikers are "nerfed" since 13.2 was introduced.
    I have Vucinic,Matri,Quagliarella and since January I've brought in Cavani to Juventus. Together they scored "only" 26 of 81 goals with Vucinic leading them with 12 total.

Amateur

I thank SI for taking the time to put out a new patch on Christmas eve

But it still seems like there are loads of shots every game 30-40 overall plus ive found my players are more prone to taking long shots when they have no chance at all of scoring. I've tried work ball in to the box and set the players who are doing it to long shots rarely but they seem to be doing it still even when there are good passing opportunities available.

Im not normally one to moan and usually just get on with it but every time i get a good game going with a decent tactic we are getting patches which as said above change the goalposts which is getting pretty annoying tbh.

But as i said i do appreciate SI doing what they are doing as i doubt any other big developer would do the same

Amateur

Seems vastly improved .

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast