The P Tactic! Android/iOS FMH2013

Hey guys! I am back with The P Tactic!

This tactic was used by me and some other members on FMH2012 and results from them came back brilliantly.

If you want to see these quotes go to the fmh2012 section then tactics and search for The "P" Tactic - 442 Attacking

Formation - 442 Attacking

Team Instructions

Attacking

Direct

Committed

Pressing YES

Offside Trap YES

Counter Attack NO

Men Behind Ball YES

Player Tactical Roles

GK

WBK CTR CTR WBK

BWM BBM

INF INF

Pcr TM

Please post your results thanks

Built a worldclass team to try this tactic.

---------------------------De Gea---------------------------------

---Rafael-------Vidic-------Papadalopous------Alaba------

------------------De Rossi----------Song----------------------

----Hulk----------------------------------------------Ronaldo--

--------------Falcao-----------Lewandowski--------------------

6 Games. 3 Wins. 2 Draws. 1 Loss. 5 Goals. 2 Conceeded.

Not many goals, with 3 of the 5 goals coming in one game. Three games without a goal.

More troubling is the absurdly low amount of possession. Several games at 45% and rarely on a "good" game over 50%.

Im willing to conceed it is early days, and I need to give my team time to gel, but im a bit troubled with the lack of possession and goals even in a small sample pool.

Im going to try to play another 5-10 games tonight and will report back.

• SI Staff

Your team looks quality and the 'layout' of the formation looks fine - but I'd personally suggest simplifying the tactical settings somewhat - its more boring but try something like:

Mentality - Normal (away) / Attacking (home)

Passing - Short (you've good enough players trust me ;) )

Tackling - Hard

Pressing - Yes

Offside Trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind Ball - No

If you do please let me know how you get on (but what I've indicated here is very similar to the style I've used with Man Utd to lift the Premiership title).

• SI Staff

If you're going to play with a target man I would consider having one wide player as a winger rather than two inside forwards - or alternatively change the target man to a deep lying forward if you want to keep the ball on the floor.

Your team looks quality and the 'layout' of the formation looks fine - but I'd personally suggest simplifying the tactical settings somewhat - its more boring but try something like:

Mentality - Normal (away) / Attacking (home)

Passing - Short (you've good enough players trust me ;) )

Tackling - Hard

Pressing - Yes

Offside Trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind Ball - No

If you do please let me know how you get on (but what I've indicated here is very similar to the style I've used with Man Utd to lift the Premiership title).

I gave up on the tactic. Not solely because of the results, but the possession and pass completion percentage were alarmingly low, especially for the quality of team I built to try it out.

I was quite confused why the tactic creator used both Offside Trap and Men Behind The Ball, as that seems counter intuitive, but Im willing to give anything a go once!!!

If you're going to play with a target man I would consider having one wide player as a winger rather than two inside forwards - or alternatively change the target man to a deep lying forward if you want to keep the ball on the floor.

That was the other confusing aspect of the tactic. If one striker is going to be a target man it would seem you would want your wide players to be feeding the ball rather than cutting in trying to get on goal.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Newcastle and just started using this tactic after I was sacked after 10 games with a position of 18th bad times. anyway using this tactic I am currently 13th, in my 11th game in the league and I have scalped Man city and Arsenal and sparta Prague

I switch the player roles around a bit if by half time the players are 6 or less, for instance I have Gutteriez and Ben arfa on the wing, Gutteriez is the winger and Ben arfa is the Inside forward, so if they are under performing I switch them at half time.

so far so good!

thanks

Archived