Most Enjoyable Long Term Career

bazblock

Most Enjoyable Long Term Game  

432 members have voted

1. 1. Most Enjoyable Long Term Game

the best long term game there would be leeds or oxford, because with all the others, you could probably get to the point where you win everything within a few years.

i haven't tried oxford, but leeds is a fun challenge because you get a mill or two to spend and the 15 point deduction makes it more of a challenge in the first season. the only problem with this is that some of the best bargains for leeds such as arthur sorin and pablo piatti, have moved clubs on the weegie update, so you won't be able to sign them.

Hoffenheim, all the way. German second division quite a bit of money, moving into a new ground, great board. Can't go wrong im in like the year 2024/2025 which is my longest career ever

Coincedentally, I've just started a game with Hoffenheim. I've got £10m, any advice for signings, or where to look for them?

Other - Vitesse in Holland, won league 1st season, 2nd season won league cup double and fluked my way to QF of the Champions league... I normally get bored easy and start again after 2 seasons but the club, fans and players love me... and the board are listening to nearly all my requests. Also Holland has no player restrictions or Wp's

Coincedentally, I've just started a game with Hoffenheim. I've got £10m, any advice for signings, or where to look for them?

May sound surprising but i managed to get abenzoar and jourdren from france and a few cheaper young lads from brazil. Also Cahais and Sakho agreed to sign for me after a season as well. Also Toni Kroos is a good one to get on loan

Definately with a lower-league team if you want to play reeeeeally long term (although I'm such an Arsenal nut that it takes a while to get old winning everything with them!).

The most fun that I've had in long-term career games are with Reading on previous CM/FM versions when they were in the old Division 2 and in the Championship.

My FM05 game with Reading from the Championship to the Premier League and Champions League glory was probably one of my most enjoyable long-term games.

I remember doing 8 seasons with Dortmund on an old version. Might have been 97/98 during summer holidays.

Other than that. in about 2001 me and a mate at Uni did one and did 19 season. I kept Chelsea job throughout whist he made his way around North Easts top 3.

well there is a good list:

Tottenham- went on a ten year game with target to win a quad, only managing a triple including community shield before i got my drivers updated

Red star Belgrade- probably going to win the league easily but getting champions league glory is the challenge

PSV or Ajax- good game with a good budget and good players

shaktar donetsk- decent team with lots to spend and in the CL.

I always find the big clubs boring and not really a long term game, as its just too easy to win everything within 2 season. What I like to do is take the oldest football club in the world Sheffield FC and add them to the lowest English league. That is all I change, I dont give msyelf money, a rep boost or anything. First few seasons are really tough and its a real challenge. For me, I find this way much more enjoyable and long term because I can't go and buy all the usual suspects. When you're a big club, you always seem to sign players you've used before. By time you've climbed the leagues with Sheffield FC most of the game are regens, as the older well known players are old.

i think if you are say Man Utd or Arsenal it may be good to add yourself as their belgian feeder team too. would make it more challenging/long term fun

I do that with Sheffield United, I have Belgian and China leagues running :)

I always find the big clubs boring and not really a long term game, as its just too easy to win everything within 2 season. What I like to do is take the oldest football club in the world Sheffield FC and add them to the lowest English league. That is all I change, I dont give msyelf money, a rep boost or anything. First few seasons are really tough and its a real challenge. For me, I find this way much more enjoyable and long term because I can't go and buy all the usual suspects. When you're a big club, you always seem to sign players you've used before. By time you've climbed the leagues with Sheffield FC most of the game are regens, as the older well known players are old.

Aye I can see why, that's why its more fun if you play as a bigger club to play with rules that why its not quite as simple or easy. Thats just my thoughts tho :)

Villareal for me, I won the UEFA cup against Inter (My team is actually better than theirs as I have never lost against them!) and managed to come in second place in the league. Got pretty far in the Champions League too.

Funny thing is that I left Real Madrid for them, and the only familiar player they had left was Matías Fernandez. Don't get me started on the financial problems they had. Season 2010/11 by the way. :)

FC Basel on CM 03/04, my most successful career until a recent 1 with Liverpool. Went a few seasons unbeaten, even managed to get some top CM03/04 players (Cherno Samba and Gamst Pederson) to come play, Cherno was my star striker until Man City offered me $28M for him, couldn't refuse that in Switzerland.

Struggled to win Europe, but was so much fun. Thanks to the light foreign restriction in the youth team it was mostly U18 Aussies, some who actually went on to represent Switzerland (coz I was the manager!)

Other: (using Weegie last year)

River Plate in a LAN game me and my housemate when we were at uni last year. Cost me valuable weeks when I should have been dissertation writing that game. Won the Argentine league a handful of times, (he was chelsea), won the domestic cup, met my housemate in the cup winners cup and beat him!!! :D

Then I moved onto Villarreal, who I couldnt save from relegation in their last 5 games, took them back to La Liga in our first attempt, winning the league. Got offered the Newcastle job, took it. Somehow won my first ever premiership title with them at my first attempt (gakpe was sensational), then AC milan offered me the job. Played half the way through the season (think this was about 2012 now) and then phased out of the game and by the time I came back to play fm08 was out.

Other: Everton

They have the potential to be a world-beating team but it takes a looong time. I always played my long-term games with only them since FM05. My FM08 save lasted me till 2022 when I ditched them as I had won everything and joined Valencia. Now I've started a new long-term (till FM09 demo comes out) game with them :)

It is defo Oxford for me. Never had more fun on a fm game (i never tried leeds though). in general i tend to have more fun with lower league teams. every time i started with a big team i got bored after 2-3 seasons.

Archived