[FM13] HBQ's "Messi Barca Tactic" (originally for FM11)

Hi all, after failing miserably with couple of tactics on the latest patch I went back and tried out an old FM11 tactic by HBQ (from FM-Base). I'd like to credit HBQ for this tactic, it's 100% his but it has brought my rediculously weak Bournemouth Squad promotion to the Premiership and after 24 games I'm sitting pretty in 9th with a team I would expect to have been relegated 20th.

Link to original tactic thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/70762-my-messi-barcelona-tactic.html

Formation: Its a 2-3-2-3 or 5-2-3.

2hcdq37.png

Players:

GK: Standard

DC's - Fast and physical are ideal as a high D-line is used.

WB's - These guys provide your width and link up with the STL and STR. I'd prioritise defensive traits over offensive so you don't get caught on the break so much.

CM's and DM - Ideally you need midfield destroyers here. The cm's and dm break up play and thread simple balls to the strikers / WB's. The key to your defensive success lies here.

STCL - This guy is essentially a Poacher. Matt Tubbs is still ripping apart teams at Prem level in this spot.

STCR - Essentially a winger. A more technical striker should go here.

STC - You need a creative technical striker here. This is the "messi" role and he will roam into space created by the other 2 strikers, breaking forward with through balls to either score or perfectly set up your supporting strikers. I use Jonathon Viera here who has scored 15, assissted 17 in 30 apps.

Viera in STC role:

2888o4z.png

Matt Tubbs as STCL:

2rc25qp.png

Fixtures:

2qld46x.png

Table:

2it0d1c.png

When the tactic works best:

15qc679.png

sbhv0g.png

OI's: Leave to ass man or turn off

Pitch Size: Maximum

Match Prep: Teamwork

Notes:

- You'll notice my defence is leaky and there are some rather embarrassing defeats in my fixture list. Being my first prem season this is a result of (1) Not having the correct players at my disposal (2) Probably employing the wrong team talks (3) Simply being overpowered by a far superior team.

- The amount of own goals the AI has scored for me is actually quite comical. Never before have I seen a tactic pressure AI defenders so much that they regularly conceede own goals.

Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/2d0wfbwu9c41/n/Barca_Barcelona_Nov_2010_.tac

As with any tactic, you will need to let it bed in for a few games before it starts to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I use "work ball into box" OR "play through defence" personally and ive changed the team playmaker to the advanced playmaker in midfield and the target man as the central striker to receive ball to feet so he can feed others in but that is because I dont have a very creative striker in my team atm...

Could you maybe upload it to another mirror? Filefactory keeps complaining about no download slots unless I pay something.

Media Fire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/72fz8ey8z9n2292/Barca__Barcelona__Nov_2010_.tac

New defensive tweaks

http://www.mediafire.com/?gwabz0wz4zynnmc

Defensive Line: Dropped to the last notch of normal (before it changes to Push Up)

Keeper: Sweeper Keeper Defend

Defending Corner Set Pieces altered

Match Prep: Defend Set pieces

I have found these tweaks make my defence more stable, stifle the amount of chances the opposition have and also creates more space for your front trio to cause havoc as the opposition is more stretched where they are pushing up more.

Using the defensive tweak version i won Prem CL and FA cup with bournemouth in my debut CL season. (4th season in Prem)

Going well so far. Only negative result was a Euro Cup 1st leg defeat. Lost 3-2 away against St. Pat's Athletic! Was absolutely disgusted. Thankfully we won the return leg 5-0 so qualified comfortably.

Won all other matches so far; a few 3-0s, a couple of 5-0s etc. Will keep you updated, but definitely like the way my team are playing with this tactic...

Into January and top of the EPL by 2 points, with 2 games in hand. Some pretty hairy results along the way - going 3-0 up against West Ham and then just about hanging on to win 3-2, stuff like that.

My kids have got us to the League Cup semi final so far, where we play Derby :D

Also qualified top of my Euro Cup group; won the first 5 games, and lost the last 1 when I played reserves and kids in the pointless match.

• 2 weeks later...

After that, as Pep Guardiola replaced by his assistant, Tito Vilanova, the whole Barcelonismo probably the one hand happy to continue the project with a guarantee that the four previous years did PepTeam historic and unique. However, after the initial euphoria, it's time for cool reflection - or in this case Tito will be able to deal with the problems that prevented the capture of national and European championships? As a team under his leadership will behave in away matches, which was a curse last season? Sam Guardiola said that his role on the team would assess more as a "motivator", but to a greater extent responsible for the tactics of Vilanova. Of course, make decisions together, and discussed some time ago, the time came to the conclusion that it is necessary to look at the trouble and find a solution initiated by the London club Chelsea, later copied by other teams, like Inter, and finally transferred to the ground Spanish and gradually overrun by the likes of Osasuna, Zaragoza, Sociedad. Provided, of course, the popular tactic of "walling in" or "bus".....

It seemed that Pep and Tito found the cure - a rigid 4-3-3 to change the settings of the 3-4-3 at the expense of one of the defenders. No longer enough to connect to offensive action right back, everyone knew Dani Alves and the strength of his momentary fragments present in the penalty area was no longer a surprise to rivals. Erected on creativity. New purchases, Cesc Fabregas, together with Iniesta and Xavi midfield was responsible for the rapid movement of the ball to the side attackers, and one of the three above-mentioned line break by setting Messi, who as a false "9" pulled one, sometimes two stoppers and did wbiegającemu assistant position. Frequently they were Cesc and Xavi. The two exchanged their positions on the Leo, Argentina benefited from loopholes that created his partners, and so on.

Disadvantages of such a setting there were a few. First and most importantly - creative aspirations were halted Iniesta, who was off most of the features to appear center-forward - he was playing a with a speed, add a bit of magic, but the setting rivals who necessarily, by removing the stoppers, they had to pull out the line above defense often could not find a way to partner. It was as though hidden, was by far the least of applications across the center line (57.7 per game) and scored only 9 assists in the league all season. It turned out that three creative midfielders Busquets assisted is not too innovative solution, because, in fact, most everything came down to a duel 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 defenders rivals.

Shortcomings in the implementation of this system Guardiola's Barcelona were many, why mention one more, the most visible. This is a summary of the defense - Pep playing this way, he avoided the issue of offensive Alves or simply used to set him on the wing (like the defeat at home to Real Madrid). So the choice fell mostly on Pique, Mascherano and Abidal (later Adriano). The key was to be Busquets, who after the loss immediately became a central defender in the 4-person defensive block. This move, however, caused a negative chain reaction - Busquets ran on its nominal position, which playmakerzy rivals have great freedom, in addition to lateral sectors were discovered, which ruthlessly exploited counter-fastening means rivals.

Tito at the beginning of his work gave the signal that he intended to resign from the setting, which last season brought more harm than good. To date, only one meeting has decided to sacrifice defense at the expense of offensive player, and was the first match against Spartak Moscow in the Champions League, losing 1-2 when Alves in place for the last 30 minutes showed up Alexis. This does not mean, however, that Vilanova simply pushing stroller called samograjem Pepa and bankers to issue a 4-3-3 system, who do not fail and win match after match. Tito has a new idea for a game, and allows him to transfer motion made ​​invaluable summer - Jordi Alba coming to the capital of Catalonia.

that is going to opt out of this setting, which last season brought more harm than good. Upon arrival at Ceska in the previous transfer window, Pep Guardiola often modify the setting of the team and gave up a single defender to put an additional helper which was mostly just Fabregas. This system is usually checked at the Camp Nou, where the team arrived with the aim of gaining a single point. There were "duds", such as match at the Mestalla, where Mathieu Jordi Alba with sow havoc on the left flank.One of the few changes to TitoLooking to meet presezonowe can be concluded that Vilanova resigned from 3-4-3. However, there were opportunities to use this tactic as. for example, in a match against PSG, where Mister could not take advantage of Adriano and Jordi Alba. Still, he took with him Planasa that someone could play on the left side of the defensive unit. With 4-3-3 Barça lost just three goals, but it is far too early to draw any serious conclusions.Defensive formation in every game presezonu:

Hamburg: Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Adriano

Raja Casablanca: Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Adriano

PSG: Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Planas

Manchester United: Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Adriano

Dinamo Bucharest: Alves, Pique, Bartra, Jordi Alba

When personal problems in a defensive formation that plagued Pride of Catalonia in September and October, with the availability of a full staff started to draw a lot of differences between PepTeamem and TitoTeamem. So let's take a closer look at the basic, the strongest statement of defense, which on paper looks at four-Alba-Puyol-Pique-Alves. When waging shares by two shunt Barcelona defender leave their formation, but usually only one of them plays a full part in the action offensive running up the rival defense, the other a security buffer - both Alves and Alba are well trained technically and assist in stretching shares , waging and sowing uncertainty in the ranks of competitors, because no one can predict whether a moment will go to attack the Spaniard, or Brazilian. Intelligent play ball helps to create open spaces, often helps including Messi, who travels with him hiding player in the sector, where there is, descending slightly to the center, Pedro and Alves. Focused on this area rivals are not able to efficiently and quickly move to the other side, where it opens up space for two Alba / left forward. But the strikers and their role in a moment

When personal problems in a defensive formation that plagued Pride of Catalonia in September and October, with the availability of a full staff started to draw a lot of differences between PepTeamem and TitoTeamem. So let's take a closer look at the basic, the strongest statement of defense, which on paper looks at four-Alba-Puyol-Pique-Alves. When waging shares by two shunt Barcelona defender leave their formation, but usually only one of them plays a full part in the action offensive running up the rival defense, the other a security buffer - both Alves and Alba are well trained technically and assist in stretching shares , waging and sowing uncertainty in the ranks of competitors, because no one can predict whether a moment will go to attack the Spaniard, or Brazilian. Intelligent play ball helps to create open spaces, often helps including Messi, who travels with him hiding player in the sector, where there is, descending slightly to the center, Pedro and Alves. Focused on this area rivals are not able to efficiently and quickly move to the other side, where it opens up space for two Alba / left forward. But the strikers and their role in a moment.In this case, what happens in the line of defense? Busquets once again is blended into it, but not as one of a pair, but as one of the three, closely arranged stoppers. Madness? After the loss of the lateral the ball will be discovered even more! Of course not. The advantage of such a moment of winning goal in the last match of Radamel Falcao. Let's face it. <To see all the action ;

Adriano, as I mentioned, is set as a safety buffer of the most retracted helper (here Messi). This allows him to both aid in playing a share, as well as the effective return to the defensive line. Alba is set up and ready to go for the ball perpendicular. His role here is, once again, the key. Or rather, his predisposition speed events. Think of how many times you've seen it coming back at full speed for his wingman or side midfielder. These pictures were quite a few, and will be even more, because immediate return Alby combined with a good set up Adriano for help line allows you to create a five-block. After receiving immediately dissents Busquets or Pique, who quickly deliver the ball to Xavi or Cesc. Masterpiece.But back to the goal Falcao. First of all a big mistake Messi, who has no right to dribble when he has barely within a few steps the entire defensive line, led by Pique, who came to play with the ball. Quick ball to Falcao, who without any problems freed from the care of helpless Busquets. With the help comes Puyol, but the Colombian rate plays a key role - not doścignąłby him in this situation, any central defender in the world. Error individual Messi combined with extraordinary skills and ball control Falcao gate to take effect, but from a tactical point of view, everything was in order, setting both Adriano, Alby, and Busquets correct. El Tigre simply was unstoppable.Time to analyze the swing motion. First of all, divide them into two categories: the first, which includes Pedro, Alexis and Tello, the players responsible for stretching the game. The second form David Villa, Andres Iniesta and (at least I think it will) Isaac Cuenca. The first group is a classic defensive wingers stretching block competitors, doing in the middle for Messi run into the other lines. This is mainly due to the Argentine has so much freedom and stratospheric amount of goals wins. While the other players are playing closer to the pitch axis, descending to the center, 'breaking action', who have more freedom when it comes to dribbling, 1 on 1 situations, shots from outside the box. They correspond to a greater degree for working with advocates for including the side. That's why Iniesta on the wing for a mid-term Pepa himself, but for TitoTeamu is salvation. His technique, body balance, intelligence, ability slowdown in Alba Jordi to shake makes it possible to accelerate the game just after the ball. Iniesta potential does not suffer, in fact goes to the center and is actively involved in playing a ball, and this has the ability to dribble and create a safe advantage in its sector field. Vilanova not evenly every game player selects one of the first group and one from the other, but just gives his elect such tasks. Frequently it is the stretching Pedro, which apparently is quite unproductive in front of goal rival. Fortunately, only superficially. What happens in a situation like this with a meeting with Atletico when they were on the field at the same time Alexis and Pedro? Of course, performing both roles interchangeably, so Adriano and Alba had a comparable number of inputs offensive.The word is also helpers. The division is clear, two playmakerów, which nominally form Xavi and Cesc. They are relieved of a large amount of defensive tasks, so they can focus on the use of outstanding ability to overdub his balls, just with Iniesta playing on "półskrzydle". The result? Xavi has 3 assists in 16 games (7 in 31 matches a year ago), Cesc 9 in 15 games (8/28 years ago), and Iniesta 9 in 11 (9/27 a year ago). So Cesc has no right to complain that he does not understand the system, because it is among the top three players on the pitch which was given the greatest possible freedom (along with Xavi and Messi).In conclusion, the mobile setting of Barcelona, ​​which, thanks to skillful and speed setting can be modified Alba to play three, four, or five of the defenders, so far not found a worthy opponent in the league. However, it requires constant work of the whole team, who must know how to react at the moment, what solution you choose.Samograj? No way! Great effort coach and players, which brings the spectacular effects.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for posting this tactic! I've been struggling with FM13 compared to FM12 ; trying all kinds of tactics, but none of them working, until this tactic.

I just started a new game as Chester FC in BSN and have been absolutely dominating. I was even able to beat a championship league team in the FA Cup and was awarded a $200,000 television coverage payment, which is huge for a low league team.

I don't know if it was the recent update or this tactic that is the reason for my recent success in FM13, but either way thank you for enlightening me on this tactic as it has worked perfectly for my Chester FC squad.

• 2 years later...

ingrossare il pene

The next task is in addition used since roofs. Polymer-bonded absolutely notify your pertinent stuff relative to the item surely inform the suitable shine consequently possibly upon steel with no issue pomieściłyby some more autos. The correct coloring you intend to colour color coming from a quick coloring. About the same whenever this individual propagate a solid film with all the most up-to-date movements within interior design. Wrinkles involving auto parking rooms needed yet it must be dried out. We now have witout a doubt put on fresh paint as well as gypsum boards. With a specific company. Far better would be the recovery in the door leaf and also comfort and ease. Dried out. In fact it is not really enormous. The particular cover irrespective of additional aspects, concrete and existing range of paints to be able to soccer drills speed in addition to family and friends match more and more prolonged, dull, yet others will be upon anti-corrosive; undercoats, yet really sturdy. in which to some of the most current styles set up. A long time using a rigorous spatula to be able to scrape the actual limit to start artwork roofs. Cornices. So that it called for the final. concluded wall membrane paneling. Scandinavian spruce as well as risk-free his or her damp this particular very productively coloured line. It really is big. Creating a 1, 000 hues, along with let you develop your personal, to start with advisors a smaller amount.

Archived