Asking For Help - PLEASE READ THIS

So many threads are getting closed or going unaswered because people aren't reading the forum rules.

So to make it simpler I'll add this bit to its own thread;

Creating a Thread and Seeking Help

The next bit is really important especially if you are seeking help. Please ensure that when creating a new topic or posting asking for help then be as detailed as possible so someone can offer you advice. If you aren't detailed then no-one will be able to assist you and the thread will be closed.

If you're stuck on what to add there here is a quick rough guide that you can use;

Thread title's - Please be as descriptive as possible. Thread's that just say things like 'Help' will likely go un-noticed or even closed. And please do not post any personal thread's asking for help from a specific member. You can always try PM'ing them. Any thread that is aimed a specific user will have the title changed or be closed.

Problem(s) – Tell us about the issue/s that you are suffering from and how frequent they are happening. Try and include reasons why it's an issue for you that way if someone replies to the thread they can understand exactly what the issues are and offer proper advice rather than trying to guess what the issue/s are.

Shape/formation – It's vital that you tell us about the current system you use when you encounter these problems. Again be sure to add both player and team instructions to the thread so we have a clear idea of how you are playing. If you've changed anything manually then please state what in the thread.

The team and level you are playing – Sometimes this can have a bearing on what you are seeing happen in the match engine. So if you want help then try and include this.

Expectations – What were the board expectations and how do they compare to how you are currently doing. Are you above/below/achieving them at the minute? This gives us an idea of what is expected from you.

Screenshots, Pkm's and Saved Games – While these are not always an option for the user to provide they can help identify and aide with issues a lot faster. So if possible please provide these as it provides information a lot quicker and helps with any confusion.

Details – I know I've mentioned to be as detailed as possible but I can't stress how important this is. If you don't provide details then how are we supposed to help you? I know it can seen like a bit much at times but I promise you its for your own benefit and will result in better feedback and help.

If a moderator deems the thread you've created isn't detailed enough then it will be closed as no-one will be able to assist you with lack of details. Thread closures are at the moderators discretion. If you don't agree with the decision or want to discuss this further send one of us a PM (preferably the one who closed the thread) and we can discuss it further.

However if a thread is closed please do not re-post it unless you've followed the moderators advice.

Whilst I agree with what your saying, would it be helpful if the FM13 stickies that have been moved to another thread, appeared on the main T&T page. It may be that people are not realising that the second sticky contains so much information for all games and so on.

Just a thought?

K :)

On second thoughts ignore this. The information contained in the other sticky is more specific to individual stuff and specific aspects of the game re shouts. And you do categorically state that you should read before posting.

Whilst I agree with what your saying, would it be helpful if the FM13 stickies that have been moved to another thread, appeared on the main T&T page. It may be that people are not realising that the second sticky contains so much information for all games and so on.

Just a thought?

K :)

If they don't read a thread that states 'important links' in the title, I doubt they'd read the same again in a seperate thread :)

If they don't read a thread that states 'important links' in the title, I doubt they'd read the same again in a seperate thread :)

Lol yes I just edited my post to reflect that. You are too fast to catch :)

• 3 months later...

Can people please actually read this. It will save you a lot of time. If you are asking for help then be detailed, if not how are we supposed to know where to start helping you? Or what to help you with.....

• 1 month later...
Is it me or is it difficult just to post an image here? I took a load of screenshots via MS Paint and then Photobucket but then when I try and post them here, the site won't accept the url..

Nope its easy to upload a screenshot. Click the upload image icon above, then choose 'from url' and untick the check box underneath where you enter the url. Then add the link from photobucket or whatever you use. Make sure its the directlink you post though from photobucket.

• 6 months later...

when playing against teams better or away, match preparation and tactic mentality match up is the best combo? i'm playing fulham, 4-1-2-2-1 winged and struggling a bit with difficult games being spoilt by playing Manchester United before this, Fm13.3.3 here.

i'm just curious, can I set match preparation to defensive positioning all through out the game unless I am sure the team i'm up against are weaker? I am thinking to have a solid back four while having offensive options, not too fussy on winning with high scoring numbers.

• 2 months later...

Archived