[FM 13] Koflok's Goals Galore 2013

GOALS GALORE 2013

Hey guys. It's that time of the year again. So I'm back for my yearly visit

First of all I just want thank all the users who downloaded my GG12 tactic. I did not expect it to be that 'big'. I was really surprised to come back and see the tactic sitting at 126,000+ downloads - which is quite an achievement. And I apologize for the lack of update, I was really busy with something called final year of university. Now that I'm finishing uni, I will be able to be more active around here and update stuffs.

----

The Tactic & Formation

I'm sticking to my philosophy of attack is the best defense. The formation is narrow and quick in tempo, with attacking fullbacks making overlapping run on the touchline to drag defenders out, allowing the forwards to make forward runs and open up spaces. The main aim is to create lots of scoring opportunities and score goals.

Although I got to admit that I love the ME since it allows player to do more pass and move as well as an overall better defense. I am surprisingly having a very good defense and possession despite the attacking nature of the tactic.

Don't expect players having 100+ passes. Or games with 1-0 scoreline. I don't see the point of having players passing around between themselves to 'farm' their passing number and having 0 key passes. I also prefer to see a 5-3 win rather than 1-0.

And I can't just stress this enough. As much as I try to make this tactic as plug-n-play as possible, you will need to tweak it to fit your team to fully reach the tactic's full potential.

Figured I never done this before, I have a go at 4-5-1 as the base formation.

TI2.png

The Play

The defense applied here is pretty much similar to what Real Madrid has done against Barcelona in recent years. Press up front hoping to force opponent's defense error. As soon as the opponent reach the half way line, the team will defend in number. The midfield will enforce (and tackles) players outside the box to stop opponent's plays reaching into the box. Defenders will sit deep and intercept any movement that pass. If the opportunity arises, the fullbacks will spring forward to launch a quick counter attack.

The midfielders are the most essential players in the tactic. The three midfielder will rotate the ball, keeping possession, and launch a through ball forward or to the wingers when there's an open space. The AMC is your classic #10 playmaker who sit just behind the striker and inside forwards. Plenty of killer through balls will be threaded by the AMC, alongwith inside forwards, who will be the main assist machine in the team.

The wingers are inside forward. Their main job description is to dribble, a lot - destroying the opponents defense. They will score spectacular goals. They will cut inside and dragging the central defense and opens up space for the striker. Once in a while they will go to the byline and cross the ball. I kinda noticed the growing un-importance of having an opposite footed player in the wings to allow the player to cut inside. But still, it is still recommended to have left footed player on right wing and vice versa. Having a non-opposite footed player on the wing means there will be more crossing from byline rather than through balls and goals from the player.

The striker is the finisher. He will get the final ball most of the time. Thus, a good finisher with good pace is essential (Cisse had 20 finishing). He will stay up front, shoulder to shoulder with the defense and required to make good off the ball movement to anticipate any through balls. Once in a while he will drop deep and thread a through ball to the wingers who usually run diagonally to the center.

The Result

So far I've only tested it using Newcastle United. Half way through the season sitting at the top of the table - scoring a decent amount of goals.

Note that I used number of different settings of the tactic in this save. It was until the last 2 months where the 'current' tactic is established.

table1.png

I am doing another run which I use the tactic from the beginning and will update the table as soon as I'm done.

The Players

Sweeper Goalkeeper:

Nothing much, he will just have to make sure that the opponent doesn't score goals. One on one and good passing is bonus.

Central defenders:

Nothing special as well. It's always a good thing to have a speedy and a tower defender in the team. The tower defender will be a threat in set pieces.

Recommended Attributes :Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Pace and/or Jumping and Header

Full backs :

Will always do marauding run forward to provide support for the wingers. Speed and work rate is essential as he needs to go up and down the pitch. Sometimes will pull a Jordi Alba and pops up in the penalty box and score goals.

Recommended Attributes : Acceleration, Pace, Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Work Rate Finishing is bonus

Left Central Midfielder (left):

Think Busquets. On defense, he will be the main enforcer in the midfielder, stopping the opponent before reaching to our area. On offense, he will keep it simple and pass the ball to any open player. Nothing flashy.

Recommended Attributes : Tackling, Stamina, Decision, Strength, Passing, Teamwork

Right Central Midfielder (right):

Your main man in linking defense to offense. Supporting the playmaker by dictating the tempo from deep. and spread the ball forward or sideways accordingly.

Recommended Attributes : Passing, Creativity, Teamwork, Decision

Attacking Midfielder:

Sitting just outside the box behind your front three is your playmaker. Dragging out defenders, links up with the front three and providing killer balls forward

Recommended Attributes : Creativity, Passing, Flair, Teamwork, Dribbling, Decision, Agility

Wingers:

More of an inside forward. Their main job is to dribble directly to the dangerous area to mess up opponent defense and open up spaces for other players and make those diagonal final through balls forward. Will also be a scoring threat other than the front striker.

Recommended Attributes : Creativity, Passing, Flair, Teamwork, Dribbling, Decision, Agility

Strikers:

He score goals. Period.

Recommended Attributes : Finishing, Off the Ball, Anticipation, Pace/Acceleration, Dribbling, Flair

Motivation and Substitution

• It's really down to your style of managing.
  • I tend to always be aggressive during pre-match and half time if losing, draw, or winning by 1 goal against weak teams.
  • This may be effective due to the winning streaks I always get using the tactic and thus it's pretty normal to expect them to win.
  • I'm no expert in motivation so I leave this to you guys to input.

In terms of substitution, normally it is done around 60 minute mark. Priority as follows:

1. MC with yellow card and persistant fouling.

2. Players with exceedingly low stamina level (e.g 60% where others are above 70%)

3. Underperforming forwards and wingers (below 6.0)

4. When leading, put a more defensive minded midf on MCR. When chasing a goal, pull MCL as DMC and substitute MCR for a striker.

5. Winning big and want to save energy for next match. Do this to front 3 only.

6. Unmotivated or nervous players.

These rules does not apply if your player is Lionel Messi.

Match Preparation and Training

Honestly I am clueless in this.

Whatever match preparation training that makes your team become fluid using the tactic faster, use it until all box are full.

After that just go balanced.

Opposition Instructions and Shouts

None right now. Need more inputs and further testing before any effective settings can be applied.

FAQ

Q: I conceeded because of crosses going into the box without any fullbacks marking the opponent's attacker because he kept going forward!

A: Make him more defensive. Try changing his role to defend, lower his mentality, rare Run From Deep, Crossing from Deep and set to far post crossing

Q: I'm up by 3-0 by half time but because my players played awfully in the second half and the game ended in a 4-4 draw.

A: First thing is you got to motivate your player, especially during half time. I'm honestly bad at that so I'm gonna leave it to someone who's better in this area. Tactic-wise, you got to understand when to defend or at least control the game. Leading by 3 nil at half time is one of them. Just change the mentality of the team to control and make the fullback to just support. You can also decrease the tempo and set higher time wasting to shut up shop.

To do list

-> Please try out different settings on these parts, so that the tactic can be continually improved..

1. Fullbacks defensive settings -> will be included on next version.

2. Do set piece settings

3. Find effective OI and shouts

4. Try out different tempo/width settings to improve CCC

5. ????

Moar Pics!!

*soooooonnn.....

---

Download Goals Galore 2013

(v1) Updated @ 6 November 2012

Final Words

• As usual, your inputs are highly appreciated. The tactic has always been a big open project with continuous improvement built based on inputs gained from here.
  • I encourage all testers to actually watch the game, try different tweaks to the tactic and post their result here.
  • As much as I love getting a straightforward positive review, I would also appreciate if people can specifically point out the area that works well or not so well.
  • Last but not least, don’t judge the tactic (or any tactic, really) based on the first few games, especially if you’re switching it mid-season.
  • Most probably it will not do as good as it should have
  • Give 2-3 months before the team’s gel and fluid with the tactic.

---

Have fun go mad.

Kof (H)

The major known issue with the tactic so far is full back bombing the front way too often that it 'forgot' to defend.

For the time being you guys can try this out for a "quick-fix" of the defending issue

1. Fullback role set to support

2. Fullback Run From Deep set to sometimes

3. Fullback Cross From set to Deep

4. Fullback Cross Aim set to Far post

Cheers.

I am using your tactic a couple of games with succes so far with Ajax. Thnx :)

A question about the playmaker, do you have to tick him as playmaker?

I don't do it. On default it's already on the AMC.

But you can tick it if you want to be safe.

nice tactic!!! Inter Milan 1-4 Juventus but i don't know why my striker (Cavani) never shoot !?!?

al goals came from wingers (giaccherini-pepe) and AMC (pogba)

BTW

9 matches done 8W 1D 0L

Best players:

Cavani 0 goals 6 assists

Pogba 4 goals 5 assists

Giaccherini 3 goals 7 assists

Pepe 7 goals 3 assists

Got this tactic from FM Base to start my first FM 13 save last night. So far I've won every match - 4 pre-season matches and 4 prem matches (first one was home against Arsenal as well). Am Spurs and have only made one signing - Jovetic - also haven't made any tweaks or done anything with the full backs (as per your second post).

Having great success so far with this

Was on the verge of getting the sack before employing this tactic. Have won every game so far since using it, including a 5-4 thriller vs Sunderland, and beating Dortmund home and away in Europe

Will keep you posted

Nice. Let me knowif you find anything interesting to report

nice tactic!!! Inter Milan 1-4 Juventus but i don't know why my striker (Cavani) never shoot !?!?

al goals came from wingers (giaccherini-pepe) and AMC (pogba)

BTW

9 matches done 8W 1D 0L

Best players:

Cavani 0 goals 6 assists

Pogba 4 goals 5 assists

Giaccherini 3 goals 7 assists

Pepe 7 goals 3 assists

Your strker should be the main goalscorer in this tactic. It was in my Newcastle game.

I used to play Cavani and he does like to drop deep to build up play instead of beating the offside trap.

Try playing your wingers with run from deep at sometimes and through ball at always.

Got this tactic from FM Base to start my first FM 13 save last night. So far I've won every match - 4 pre-season matches and 4 prem matches (first one was home against Arsenal as well). Am Spurs and have only made one signing - Jovetic - also haven't made any tweaks or done anything with the full backs (as per your second post).

Nice.

Honestly I really hate changing the fullbacks settings because they are devastating on attack with this ME.

As long as you are not conceding like crazy from the wings, I'd say keep the current settings.

But try having them to cross aim far post. Seems very effective here.

My first game using it I meant, not first game of the season, don't doubt before you know the facts, not having a go, just saying, didn't even slag your tactic off.

It's pretty normal for me to be doubtful given not much facts given. I got no problem with that, really,

just wondering how is it possible for the tactic to be fully fluid if it is the first game being used.

But yeah nonetheless thanks for trying.

It's pretty normal for me to be doubtful given not much facts given. I got no problem with that, really,

just wondering how is it possible for the tactic to be fully fluid if it is the first game being used.

But yeah nonetheless thanks for trying.

Gotta admit I did word it wrong, so yeah, I can expect you be doubtful, just the way it came across, my apologies Koflok.

I dunno what went wrong with it, the players just seem to fall apart, every attack they had they scored :/

Gotta admit I did word it wrong, so yeah, I can expect you be doubtful, just the way it came across, my apologies Koflok.

I dunno what went wrong with it, the players just seem to fall apart, every attack they had they scored :/

No worries mate.

Yeah there's room for improvement for the defence. Ive suggested a quick fix on posts above.

But reports suggested that defending is just plain horrible in this ME.

Im working on something that hopefully can revolve this particular issue.

Found a lot of room between the middle two and the defence. Decided to move the AMC to a DMC for now

I noticed about this as well. Especially if the opponent is closing down quickly.

Im thinking of doing what you did.

Or having 2 dmcs, pushing the fullbacks to wingbacks. Not sure about AMC. Either he stays there with slightly lower mentality to drop deep or make him MC

Cheers bud looking forward to it.

Just managed to finally crack the defensive issue with the tactic. Been going on 7 clean sheets out of 10 games (2 was vs City both ended in 3-1)

This does not compromise the attacking flair since the amounts created and possession is still high.

The only 'downside' of it is I see that the players passng numbers are going down because there are now spaces to exploit to run through or just slid a direct throughball upfront.

I dont know whether it's a good thing or not.

First season was fantastic, finished 3d with Liverpool. Second season started 5 friendly games and won all of them with more than 5 goals difference. So first thought was that my team really got better with some strong signings. But season is now 10 games on its way and I am 18th place...totally dominating the game but somehow the opponent scores every chance they got.

FRUSTRATING!

Koflok

If you actually manage to make a successful 4231 with two MC's tactic, that is also solid in defence you will have managed something I've not seen any credible tactic maker actually succeed in making!

Well in terms of my Newcastle game I think it's pretty successful although there are still things t improve.

In terms of solid defence I think I actually just cracked it with the new version I'm currently working on.

The only thing I have a problem is deciding what formation I need to have. Either I'll stick with 1 AMC and 2 MC or 2 MC and 1 DMC.

First season was fantastic, finished 3d with Liverpool. Second season started 5 friendly games and won all of them with more than 5 goals difference. So first thought was that my team really got better with some strong signings. But season is now 10 games on its way and I am 18th place...totally dominating the game but somehow the opponent scores every chance they got.

FRUSTRATING!

Try setting the fullback with the tweaks I gave. It should help with the defense. For now.

The only thing I have a problem is deciding what formation I need to have. Either I'll stick with 1 AMC and 2 MC or 2 MC and 1 DMC.

Why not keep both? One offensive (home/favorites) and the other cautious/defensive (away/underdog), although i personally prefer 1AMC 2MC :D

Why not keep both? One offensive (home/favorites) and the other cautious/defensive (away/underdog), although i personally prefer 1AMC 2MC :D
Agree with this 100%, I did this to brilliant effect in FM12...

Definitely. I will be doing a home and away version. But right now I need to make the home version first.

When it's effective and stable, I will start doing the 'away' version based on the home version.

About the formation.. I'm in dillema

I love having the 2 MC and 1 AMC as well. But I need to find the right settings to make all wingers, AMC and strikers to have a good cohesion.

Right now the problem is while AMC is chipping in assists and striker scoring goals. The wingers are not too effective in the build up as they always 'bump' into the AMC position.

They seem to cut inside and beat men only when on counter attacks where the AMC is still behind (so the area just outside the opponent's box are wide open). They always do well in this situation.

What I'm trying to do now is to make the AMC starts from deep (at least behind wingers if they decide to cut inside) so that that 'area' is open for wingers to cut inside. But at the same time the AMC must be in a dangerous area which he can thread a through ball forward.

Any suggestions? I tried having low mentality AMC with run from deep but he ended up distracting the striker.

Having a higher mentality wingers than it already is doesn't sounds good since it means they will way too up further the pitch and can't get the ball.

Maybe even MC with high mentality and run from deep?

Definitely. I will be doing a home and away version. But right now I need to make the home version first.

When it's effective and stable, I will start doing the 'away' version based on the home version.

About the formation.. I'm in dillema

I love having the 2 MC and 1 AMC as well. But I need to find the right settings to make all wingers, AMC and strikers to have a good cohesion.

Right now the problem is while AMC is chipping in assists and striker scoring goals. The wingers are not too effective in the build up as they always 'bump' into the AMC position.

They seem to cut inside and beat men only when on counter attacks where the AMC is still behind (so the area just outside the opponent's box are wide open). They always do well in this situation.

What I'm trying to do now is to make the AMC starts from deep (at least behind wingers if they decide to cut inside) so that that 'area' is open for wingers to cut inside. But at the same time the AMC must be in a dangerous area which he can thread a through ball forward.

Any suggestions? I tried having low mentality AMC with run from deep but he ended up distracting the striker.

Having a higher mentality wingers than it already is doesn't sounds good since it means they will way too up further the pitch and can't get the ball.

Maybe even MC with high mentality and run from deep?

Hi

Dont know if it works, but did you try having the AMC hold up ball? Might trigger the run from wingers?

What a great tactic at HOME, I just beat Chelsea 5-1 and ManU 4-0 in my Arsenal save but....AWAY games I have lost big against weaker teams i.e. Bolton 0-5 and Everton 5-2. I havent tweaked anything yet, but whats the best solution ??

Thanx

What a great tactic at HOME, I just beat Chelsea 5-1 and ManU 4-0 in my Arsenal save but....AWAY games I have lost big against weaker teams i.e. Bolton 0-5 and Everton 5-2. I havent tweaked anything yet, but whats the best solution ??

Thanx

Really? I never really heard of THAT much difference of home and away.

You may want to play a bit control on away games instead of attacking. That might help.

My fullbacks won´t mark at all despite post 2 settings. Any ideas are wellcome. I see a lot of goals from cornerflag to opposit goalpost. Thinking it might be to little pressure on the crosser? Maybe related to wings or midfield not closing down???

Yep me too..........I've tried changing the fb's to defend but still no good.....lost first two games of the season conceding down the right (my left) to teams I should of beaten easily (I'm playing as gladbach)

So this tactic was working great for me before the new patch. With a few tweaks to suit my team and the correct tactical adjustments I was doing great.

I've played a couple of games with the new patch and keep getting very very low possesion (around 35-40 % at most). I get a few goals on the counter, but that is pretty much it. Anyone has any good tweaks to the tactic to suit the new match engine?

• 1 year later...

Archived