Editor for FMC?

So really FMC is now out of date?

Eg scotland not having a manager, a few lower league transfers

Will there be updates released for this? What if "hypothetical" Messi signs for Man City on 2nd January? Then full fat players can edit but us lesser beings playing fmc are left in the dark ages?

Tbh im actually sorry i bought the game now, ive limited time to play due to work, family etc but im not even gonna bother if i cant keep it up to date, shoukd have found this out before i bought

So dissapointed in this

So really FMC is now out of date?

Eg scotland not having a manager, a few lower league transfers

Will there be updates released for this? What if "hypothetical" Messi signs for Man City on 2nd January? Then full fat players can edit but us lesser beings playing fmc are left in the dark ages?

Tbh im actually sorry i bought the game now, ive limited time to play due to work, family etc but im not even gonna bother if i cant keep it up to date, shoukd have found this out before i bought

So dissapointed in this

So you always want the database to be 100% up to date.

What happens for example if you're already a season into your save game before Roy Hodgson is sacked and Harry Redknapp takes over, do you edit the database and start your save game all over again?

That seems to be a waste of time on your save to me.

Anyway SI have always released an updated database after the winter transfer window closes with what is traditionally the last patch for FM before working on the new version.

Yeah obviously i want it up to date!

Editors spend hours of there time updating the database for the community to download, if everyone thought like you then they wouldnt even attempt it

Not everyone plays the game the same way, to me its boring having one save you play through for a year??? but to others thats there things

Yeah obviously i want it up to date!

Editors spend hours of there time updating the database for the community to download, if everyone thought like you then they wouldnt even attempt it

Not everyone plays the game the same way, to me its boring having one save you play through for a year??? but to others thats there things

So it will be updated by SI which is great, surely that's a brucie bonus for you? Out of interest how many seasons do you normally get through in 1 save?

So it will be updated by SI which is great, surely that's a brucie bonus for you? Out of interest how many seasons do you normally get through in 1 save?

Depends how i feel sometimes none somtimes 10!

But if theres a big happening in the football world i restart a new save so im up to date

i agree with gazza. for those of us who work hard long hours fmc is welcome! am chuffed and proud that maybe many of my suggestions or memories shared on many fm sites forums over years maybe 1% of my own 2cents was listened to and put in fmc! :D regardless not all of us have the free or spare time what with families and friends work and studies i love football manager series but i simply cant put in the time i used to it and thats why fmc and fmrte can save us fans who have a life and a job :)

wish football manager and fmrte would coincide together and have patches and versions that smart find themselves cos its pain when you load them only for it to say the version is not compatable!

• Administrators

Just to be clear - the editor is not supported for FMC so we cannot guarantee that it will 1) work, or even be stable long term. I appreciate you want to use an advanced feature with FMC (I love playing with the editor personally), but it is just not supported for FMC. There have been a lot of changes to the way FMC works (if you look at the game you'll notice differences in league rules, contracts, etc*), and FMC is built to deal with the default databases shipped with the game. So I wouldn't personally advise attempting to use the editor for FMC, it's strictly for the full mode only.

*and this is why the editor is not 'compatible' or supported, it's absolutely nothing to do with unlockables.

Thanks for your suggestions and ideas, but this thread has now reached it's course and is now going off topic. Closed.

Archived