• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazilian/German nationality,

born in Brazil,

plays in England,

speaks Portuguese and English,

doesn't speak a word of German,

yet he is playing for the German national team.

Oliver Neuville didn't speak German when he first started playing for the national team either. Granted, he actually learnt the language...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Neuville

LukeShaw_TransferTransferOffer_zps9ec6bee9.png

Never have I saw anyone so desperate to sign Shaw that they put their main playmaker as a part of the deal. I tried to add a Buy Back Price to be a bit cheeky but they rejected :D

Oh yeah, Arsenal's manager is Roberto Mancini now in my game.

Inter_Zaragoza.jpg

Inter_Zaragoza_01.jpg

Well. Hm. It certainly looks like the ball is in the net? :confused:

I had something similar to this with Frank Lampard, he slammed it in the bottom right hand corner but the game registered it as going past the post!

Have you two reported this in the match engine bug forum?

Have you two reported this in the match engine bug forum?

This has been reported by others, including myself. I had the exact same thing happen and it is a case of the animation not matching what happened on the pitch so in this instance the commentary is correct.

• 2 weeks later...

K4bDRTx.jpg

Playing a bit of FM07 and just been knocked out of the League Cup on penalties at home to Bolton. In the worst display of penalty taking ever seen the 2 teams conspire to miss 10 consecutive penalties before Lubomir Michalik puts pressure on 16 year old debutant Henri Lansbury by lashing home Bolton's 9th penalty.

Made even harder to take by the fact I was 2-0 up and cruising with 20 mins to go!

I had a really bizarre career save on CM00-01. Here are just some of the most amusing highlights from that save:

There was a somewhat surprising team at the 2002 World Cup.

malta_zps92f303e7.png

Bolton were pretty bad in 2004.

boltonrelegated_zpsa04c427e.png

Sunderland were Premiership champions in 2007. Twelve months later...

sunderland_zps5c519331.png

I could make a joke about Quim, but this is a family forum, so I won't.

quim_zps7ab2fb2a.png

Real Madrid and AC Milan both narrowly avoided being relegated from their leagues. Bayern Munich were not so lucky.

bayernrelegated_zpsa9aac4d5.png

A year later, an even bigger giant fell...

manutdrelegated_zpsa32b1ad5.png

In my first full season at Motherwell, I signed left-back Tony Vaughan on a free transfer. But just six days later, Tony sought a new challenge.

tonyvaughan_zps346ec4ec.png

After scoring a hat-trick against my Motherwell team, Kevin Rapley took his celebrations a bit too far.

badcelebration_zps98d649e4.png

What's wrong with this screenshot of the FIFA World Rankings?

denmarkno1_zps7e64440b.png

And finally, something that really came out of left field...

ireland2012_zps47705e6f.png

(I wasn't managing them, by the way.)

I was going to post that "wasn't Yugoslavia broken up by then? (2001)" but it turns out that Serbia&Montenegro used that moniker until 2003, so yeah...

and that Sunderland history is really weird, surely CL football wouldn't have been that bad for them? maybe it was (though given their history, it's likely that they fluked the win)

and that Sunderland history is really weird, surely CL football wouldn't have been that bad for them? maybe it was (though given their history, it's likely that they fluked the win)

I have no idea how that happened, but it was, as I said, a really bizarre save. I also remember that Brentford were Premiership runners-up in one season and relegated the next. You don't get that much volatility in the newer FMs, do you?

I've got something else to share from that save. The World Cup winners in 2010 were...

ukraine1_zps1b761df3.png

And in my main FM13 save, the 2014 World Cup was won by...

ukraine2_zpsb8e6b740.jpg

In other words, I have seen Ukraine win two different World Cup tournaments (in two different versions of CM/FM) that they didn't even qualify for in real life.

I have no idea how that happened, but it was, as I said, a really bizarre save. I also remember that Brentford were Premiership runners-up in one season and relegated the next. You don't get that much volatility in the newer FMs, do you?

I've got something else to share from that save. The World Cup winners in 2010 were...

ukraine1_zps1b761df3.png

And in my main FM13 save, the 2014 World Cup was won by...

ukraine2_zpsb8e6b740.jpg

In other words, I have seen Ukraine win two different World Cup tournaments (in two different versions of CM/FM) that they didn't even qualify for in real life.

Shame winners do not automatically qualify for the next WC anymore.

It's probably an 8-bit integer - basically, that means the limit is 255 and the number resets after surpassing that.

I presume you're managing Brentford. How did the shootout go?

4-1 to Brentford. I'd be so much happier to not go to penalties. For all the good play and passing, our defence was almost at Man Utd levels of ineptitude. :D

is this is a bug?

So I got through to Champions League final

AdhikaPrasetyo_NewsInbox-8_zps49662bac.png

5 days later i get this in the press conference after a surprising 3-0 loss to Spurs but I've already won the league anyway

AdhikaPrasetyo_NewsInbox-9_zps87b78264.png

Is this a known bug already? If so, do I still need to report this in the bug section?