• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Goal straight from a corner!
Is that even allowed?

Yes, it is.

EDIT: Although it's now irrelevant (see below) it's still the case :).

peter-evo, the only way that would happen without a glitch is them scoring an own goal from a set-piece. Did that happen?

And btw, the picture isn't that clear.

IRL, Soccernet.com had a headline that read:

"Dick stands firm on Van Nistelrooy"

The dick referred to was Dick Advocaat who was Holland's manager a few years back. Him and Ruud had some issues, but the headline is absolutely perfect! I wonder if the writing staff at soccernet.com were aware of this?

Apparently, it's odd that I'm watching my 2 Italian players and 2 Scottish players:

mediacf0.png

Love the comment about me wasting the FA's budget, though!

And this took the concept of "super-keepers" to a whole new level:

newyork01triestina1qj7.png

newyork01triestina3ox1.png

newyork01triestina2yd7.png

Before anyone says, "It's your tactics", I've used this tactic against the majority of teams with minor tweaks per opposition with good results. Yes, I won that many corners and yes, Pepe won that many headers (near post). Yes, Pepe is 36 there but I didn't want to tire my best centre-backs against poor opposition. Yes, one of my players made 10 key passes (he's a central midfielder).

I hit the post once and my young striker (Scott Willis) missed two sitters in injury-time, although he did infinitely better than my older striker (Laurentiu Miselaricu) - don't let those statistics deceive you!

Watching the match again, it was unbelievable, my domination - I told my right-back (Erwan Marveaux) to play at wing-back with a backwards arrow and an all-out mentality such was the one-sidedness - and I had a feeling I would lose it on penalties.