Funny Screenshots Thread

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It all started with a message in my inbox saying that Navbaxor stadium has part of its stand closed and its capacity is now reduced to 0. Decided to check whether its true, or just some bug, just to find that actual capacity is negative...

21928aw.jpg

...what is even more funny is that their attendances are still positive...

25uhe9j.jpg

redcard.png

Fastest red card I've seen.

I can beat it - Scott Brown managed to get sent off in 22 seconds in one game against Fulham. We somehow managed to win that game 2-0.

22 seconds?! I can somehow beat that with absolute ease

jv6fte.png

Big Sam's reaction when he's asked about me before a match

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/522655701952922657/F91527A05AF384A8148B4B1D98B719AA6534B31A/

and later that afternoon

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/522655701952922111/1D7F48B704DE80805896063A80639A1E46B184B6/

... something happened between those two times but I didn't know what!! I didn't call him and threat him to say that for sure... :O

Ehm btw how do I post the link as picture instead of just link? xD

After a few seasons I had decided to enable generated faces for players, then skimmed through my players. There were some surprises, but this... guy (?) from Hong Kong beats them all.

I present you, Ariel the Merm... I mean Arvel Maclaren!

ej79qd.jpg

I still can't decide - is it hair dye, a wig, or maybe his head is on fire?

I've seen thread about this but never actually see it, and fortunately this happened to the opponent so I LOL'ed... this is a video clip since screenshot won't do it justice :)

Sebastian Frey got sent off for catching the ball outside the box :)

This is probably what was said between Frey and the ref:

-(Frey) *Catch the ball* Got it! Woot!... wait... stop, stop, feet, stooooopppppp!

OMG ref you saw what happened I tried to stop but some weird force kept me going!!!

(Ref) Yeah I saw that son, but rules is rules I'm sorry... next time don't wear skates on football field mmm'kay (red card!)

(Frey) :(

@Unknown Hacker: Shouldn't MU automatically lose 0:3 due to not having enough players on the field after the 5th sending off?

You'd think so but the game doesn't code for this eventuality because it required a perfect storm of events. The ref had a shocker and booked anyone who came near him which led to the hilarious predicament that they found theirselves in.

I've seen thread about this but never actually see it, and fortunately this happened to the opponent so I LOL'ed... this is a video clip since screenshot won't do it justice :)

Sebastian Frey got sent off for catching the ball outside the box :)

This is probably what was said between Frey and the ref:

-(Frey) *Catch the ball* Got it! Woot!... wait... stop, stop, feet, stooooopppppp!

OMG ref you saw what happened I tried to stop but some weird force kept me going!!!

(Ref) Yeah I saw that son, but rules is rules I'm sorry... next time don't wear skates on football field mmm'kay (red card!)

(Frey) :(

Second yellow i presume? That play doesn't meet the "4D" requirements to send a player off for DOGSO.

Direction: He caught the ball in the area (legally), and moved it away from the goal by carrying it outside. The ball was moving away from the goal before anything illegal occurred. The ball must be moving towards goal (or at least in the general direction of the goal) for a goal scoring opportunity to be "obvious."

Defenders: he was the last one, so this criterion is met

Distance to goal: the byline to the near post is 18 yards, so this was about 20. The angle would be a tough one if an attacker were there to shoot, though. For the sake of argument we'll say this criterion was met, but again, it's doubtful.

Distance to ball: well, he handled it, so that's as close as you can get!

3 out of 4 criteria (or arguably 2 out of 4) are met, so this can't be a red card. Goalkeepers handling the ball outside the area do not automatically receive red cards.

< /referee rant>

The ball must be moving towards goal (or at least in the general direction of the goal) for a goal scoring opportunity to be "obvious."

This is nowhere to be found in the rules, and rightly so. Imagine a winger going to the goal line, passing the ball backwards (away from the goal) to an attacker, who - with an open goal - is tripped from behind by a defender. Surely an obvious goalscoring opportunity, and a red card.

The only thing about direction in the rules concerning sending offs for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity refers to the opponent: (from fifa.com)

denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick.

You'd think so but the game doesn't code for this eventuality because it required a perfect storm of events. The ref had a shocker and booked anyone who came near him which led to the hilarious predicament that they found theirselves in.

CM 01/02 did. I once won a game 3-0 because the opposition were reduced to six men.

I also had a game abandoned in the same save.