Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here's a stupid one...

I made my tactic and its working quite well for me...

The possession is good and i get a lot of shots but most of them are off target..

something like 18 shots and 8 on target...

Is this normal?

Can i do something abt this?

ps srry 4 my english

Okay I've another one, I did do a search and post the question in the MLS issues thread but haven't heard anything so here it is:

Hi, I've had a search on the forums and on google but couldn't find an answer, but I thought i'd give it a try here - I have an availible Designated Player slot but haven't been able to offer the designated player contract to anyone, can anyone help?

Okay I've another one, I did do a search and post the question in the MLS issues thread but haven't heard anything so here it is:

Hi, I've had a search on the forums and on google but couldn't find an answer, but I thought i'd give it a try here - I have an availible Designated Player slot but haven't been able to offer the designated player contract to anyone, can anyone help?

More a question for the GQ as it's nothing to do with training or tactic's :)

Has anybody seen a positive effect from players swapping positions? And do you need to tell BOTH players to swap with each other on their player instructions screen or just one of them? For example, when you tell your AML to swap with your AMR, is that enough? Or do you also need to tell your AMR to swap with your AML in order for it to work?

When my team is wel blend, and gelled is this related to the formation I play or can I use the same players in another formation?

There's two seperate things here. Firstly there is the squad gelling, which is essentially how well they know each other. And secondly there's how well they know the formation(s) and tactic(s) you use. So, if you switch formation, they'll be better than when you first started, but not as good as they are with your current formation. Or at least, that's the rough overview. If the new formation and your tactics are similar to the old ones, then there's unlikely to be much of a problem. But if you go from a defensive, counter-attacking, long ball 5-3-2, to a shot passing, possesion based 4-2-3-1, then they'd probably take some time to adapt.

I have a very stupid question. What is the minimum age a user can set their manager to? I know if you try to set it low it goes to 30, but I read on here a while back there was an age it accepted below 30.

Be appreciated if anyone can help

Does tutoring actually improve a players stats and also does it make them more 'like' there tutor in any way?

Also with regards to tactics. Keeping the same tactics improves your tactical consistency, however I have been advised to constantly change or rotate my tactics? Which is 'better'?

Thanks guyzzzz! :-)

Does tutoring actually improve a players stats and also does it make them more 'like' there tutor in any way?

Also with regards to tactics. Keeping the same tactics improves your tactical consistency, however I have been advised to constantly change or rotate my tactics? Which is 'better'?

Thanks guyzzzz! :-)

Tutoring makes the person being tutored have their detemination, plus their hidden mental attributes, change towards those of the person doing the tutoring. (eg Learner - det 11, teacher - det 17, will prob lead to the learner ending the tutoring with det 13/14)

Tactics - the rotating of tactics doesn't mean changing from a 442 to a 532 to a 4231 etc - it just means changing the setting (eg mentality, closing) in the same FORMATION (eg 442) - so rotating tactics DOES mean playing a 442 (or whatever formation you choose) nearly all the time, but with different settings in the different tactics (eg defensive, standard, attacking as three options, depending on who you are playing, the situation in the match etc)

How can you make you player run more a round in free space? I do not necesarrily mean FWD runs

Change either forward runs - but not necessarily by making him have MORE - having less will tend to keep him further back in the field and give him (perhaps) more space to play. Can also be acheived by changing mentality, or also by giving him a free role (if he has the ability to play in a free role)

One other question i like to get an explanation on how the training works in this game? (Ultimate Stupid Question)

There's not a quick, easy answer to this. Training can be dealt with as simply or in depth as you want. The following links may help, and are taken from one of the stickies at the top of the forum. Did you have any specific questions?

**TRAINING THREADS**

Tig’s Training Guide

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=7629

A user guide to Seasoned Alcoholic's FM2007 Training Schedules

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=16012

Pre Season Training

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=22175

Change either forward runs - but not necessarily by making him have MORE - having less will tend to keep him further back in the field and give him (perhaps) more space to play. Can also be acheived by changing mentality, or also by giving him a free role (if he has the ability to play in a free role)

Thats the definintion of free role isn't it, looking for space? Need to have the relevant mental and technichal skills though to work properly.

Thats the definintion of free role isn't it, looking for space? Need to have the relevant mental and technichal skills though to work properly.

Free role is more wide ranging than that. Any player will look for space, but if you give someone a free role it effectively gives them license to ignore your instructions and their position, and do what they think is right.

Free role is more wide ranging than that. Any player will look for space, but if you give someone a free role it effectively gives them license to ignore your instructions and their position, and do what they think is right.

Freerole doesn't allow the player to ignore his instruction's that is Creative Freedom. Freerole just allows the player to 'find space' more often and roam the pitch, thus leaving his natural position and being allowed to wander.

Freerole doesn't allow the player to ignore his instruction's that is Creative Freedom. Freerole just allows the player to 'find space' more often and roam the pitch, thus leaving his natural position and being allowed to wander.

Heh, you learn something every day - thanks for the clarification :)

i had a browse but couldn't find anything. I think this question might take the biscuit for stupidity!

In the TT&F guide, what the bloody hell does

GK: 7

DCd: 6

DC: 8

etc

I understand the positions but havn't a clue what the numbers mean. They relate to att/def mentality & creative freedom or just creative freedom? and how do you get to 13 on the slider? how do you get to any number for that matter!

my first year of FM so got a lot to take in!

Got this from another thread - I think it's all still correct

Strength: fitness >= 18

Aerobic: fitness >= 18

Goalkeeping: coaching Gks >= 18

Tactics: tactical >= 18

Defending: defending = 18 & tactical >= 18 or

Defending: defending = 19 & tactical >= 14 or

Defending: defending = 20 & tactical >= 10

Ball Control: technique = 18 & mental >= 18 or

Ball Control: technique = 19 & mental >= 14 or

Ball Control: technique = 20 & mental >= 10

Attacking: attacking = 18 & tactical >= 18 or

Attacking: attacking = 19 & tactical >= 14 or

Attacking: attacking = 20 & tactical >= 10

Shooting: technique = 18 & attacking >= 18 or

Shooting: technique = 19 & attacking >= 14 or

Shooting: technique = 20 & attacking >= 10

Set Pieces: technique = 17 & mental + attacking >= 39 or

Set Pieces: technique = 18 & mental + attacking >= 36 or (f.ex. mental=(20,18) + attacking=(16,19))

Set Pieces: technique = 19 & mental + attacking >= 33 or

Set Pieces: technique = 20 & mental + attacking >= 30

I am a player of the old Champ Man series and now want to play FM. I want to know if you able to win the league as say, Stoke or some other club apart from the big 4? I remember winning 5 premierships and 3 European Cups as Sheffield Wednesday on the old Championship Manager 2. I briefly played FM07, and it seemed to be impossible because you can't sign any players as a minnow club. Perhaps the series has become too realistic - what happened to playing a GAME?

Hi all, new to the forum, bought fm2009 today. First since CM 01/02. **** me its got a lot harder!

Have recently bought a Mac, still getting used to it but one thing is driving me mad.

As I have no right mouse button, how do i do forward runs on the tactics screen on a mac?

Sorry for the crap question but I'm getting to the point where I want to scream! Ta :)

The Board just completed a Training Grounds upgrade. How do I find out how good they are now? There's no mention of this anywhere. What can I click on to see this?

Goto "Your Club" / Information. Then choose drop down menu at top right - stadium / facilities

Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of using the 'world' scouting option? Are the scouts less thourough if they are scouting the globe rather than individual countries or continents or is it just a case of it just being used to prevent the user having to reassign a coach once they've finished thier current assignment?

Hey, guys. I need a a very defensiv tactic to minimize the chance of a loss for my team. I'm currently playing with Nepal U20 and have to play against Japan U20. Japan has some real good players and is playing with an offensive 3-5-2 formation. With which formation should I play against them?