Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2) Has it ever been considered to have a sub-forum for downloadable tactics that way discussions would stay on the front page and hopefully encourage more?

Definitely agree with this. Good idea! :thup:

Personally, I come in to this part of the forum to read discussions about tactical ideas and concepts. Often, there are a lot of 'download my tactic' threads and the threads with interesting discussion can get neglected as a result of this.

Two sub-sections would be ideal in this scenario because those who want to talk/read would have a dedicated area, and those who want to download would be able to go straight into their own part of the tactics forum to find what they need.

However, the main problem I foresee is the distinction between a 'discussion' thread and a 'download' thread. TT&F, for instance, is a great discussion but also includes downloads. :D There are threads where someone has tried out a new tactical idea and then offered a download. Where do they go? :confused: The way around this would, perhaps, to be to have the discussion in the 'discussion' thread and link to the download in the 'download' section.

I still think it is a great idea though.

C.

hey,

i played a season with fiorentina, i was using 4-4-2 and won my last 10 games in row and got 3rd,

but now in preseason, same formation it isnt doing so well, and i barley beat my under 20's 1-0.

is it better to change formation after every season?

or is the team not playing well because i made about 8 new signings ( all squad players ,none in my 1st starting 11)

also, do different tactics work in italy then they would in england? as if have noticed many 3-5-2,4-2-3-1. etc

hey guys please help me I am playing fm 08 and am chelsea on my team settings on my tactics when i set the tactics e.g tight marking or play ball long then i finish and press continue it disappears and reverts back to normal what should i do please help

How do I get players to tutor others and how do I find the CA and PA, very new to the game !!!!

Go to the player interaction screen, scroll to the bottom and link player. Will only work on youngsters. CA & PA are not visible in the game and you need an external utility.

Where do I put downloaded training tactics?

Training or tactics?

For tactics go to my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/tactics

For training go to my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/schedules

OH I should have come here to start with! WWFAN I have what seems, apparantly, to be "stupid question". I am looking for an FM09 specific Set piece tactic guide (I am patched 9.02 at present).

Please can you help?

Similar to FM08 corner routine works for me. For other settings I use common sense and try to base them on real life.

hi all

stupid question havent played a game yet on fm09 with a fulltime side and im trying to sort my training schedules out..........

i have imported training schedules but how do i get coaches to be assigned to my new schedules???

thanks for any help

Ok hopefully someone here can help me as I asked in main forum but no reply

Iv just been promoted to blue square prem and I think if we are going to compete at this level my players should be concentrating on their football full time. Nearly all my players are happy to give up their jobs and come in full time but all 5 of my coaches refuse and want to stay part time.

So will my players benefit from extra training if they go full time or will they end up just coming in and kicking there heels playing poker etc? Will there attributes improve more full time or will it be as if only part time because of my lazy coaches?

Ok hopefully someone here can help me as I asked in main forum but no reply

Iv just been promoted to blue square prem and I think if we are going to compete at this level my players should be concentrating on their football full time. Nearly all my players are happy to give up their jobs and come in full time but all 5 of my coaches refuse and want to stay part time.

So will my players benefit from extra training if they go full time or will they end up just coming in and kicking there heels playing poker etc? Will there attributes improve more full time or will it be as if only part time because of my lazy coaches?

I and many others who partake in the lower league challenge attempt to get players on full-time contracts asap. You wont get full-time coaches until you turn professional but the players do improve by being full-time a lot quicker.

so by assign my coaches to what they are best at it will automatically filter to train the players in different schedules?

thanks and im sure there will be

Yep, assign your coaches to maximise the star ratings. That means all aerobic training in each schedule will be done by the same coach and at that coaches level.

do the youth coaches only coach the youth squad?

what would be the premise for example of putting a 1st team player who is only 18 into youth training or fulltime training?

thanks

Youth coaches only train youth schedules. I only have 16 and younger players on youth schedules but anyone 17 or older go into proper schedules as these are more intense. Just my opinion here though.

thanks a lot

one last one have a pre season schedule at present when should i sort players into relevant training before the seasons first game or earlier?

I dont actually use a pre-season just have a lot of friendlies. I guess use it until the fitness levels are up and then sort the players. I would probably give them 2/3 weeks of pre-season and then go onto normal training.

Hello.

In my old team (Odra Opole) since ~5 season i had good training facilites and 4-5 star trainers (most of them had national reputation) and my players had often attributes up. Now I have F.C. Internazionale under my wings (no add manager etc. just Benitez sux and i had wc reputation;p). I choose to find 6-7 star coaches via Genie Scout, and I employed them (they have only regional reputation). And now I'm confused beacose attributes of my players falling down! I have more stars in training window, better training facilites and attributes falling:mad:. So can anyone answer me, coaches reputation is important?

So if I want a target man to head it down to the fast striker, which one is the FCd and which is the FCa

I normally make the FCd as target man, this way he flicks it on to the FCa. I also like my FCd to be creative.

However when I play with Chelsea I use Drogba as an FCa target and Anelka as a more creative FCd.

Guys, I have a problem. My winger is not a world class by mile, but he has decent stats for winger at the level I´m currently playing. Acc 14, Pac 14, Drb 13, Fla 17, Cro 11. The problem is that everytime he runs with the ball past the defender, instead of crossing he still runs with ball and then gets tackled. I want him to dribble the opponent and cross. Simple, but I don´t know how :(

Guys, I have a problem. My winger is not a world class by mile, but he has decent stats for winger at the level I´m currently playing. Acc 14, Pac 14, Drb 13, Fla 17, Cro 11. The problem is that everytime he runs with the ball past the defender, instead of crossing he still runs with ball and then gets tackled. I want him to dribble the opponent and cross. Simple, but I don´t know how :(

Try lowering his creative freedom so he sticks to the instructions given to him. Set him to cross often from the byline as well. If he continues to the way he was reduce his run with ball slider to mixed.

What sort of spread should I have between 1st team Coaches (needed at all?) / Basic coaches (can they just do all of them?) / and youth coaches? With my current club im allowed upto 17 coaches, which sounds alot compared to how many im normally offered :o

Anyway is there any disadvantage in the quality of the training by purely using 'Coaches' as opose to 'First Team Coaches/Youth Coaches' and if so is there any sort of ratio I should be following? Is there any advantage to having someone say doing the first team and then someone totally different and potentially with lower attributes but higher youth coaching, teaching the younger team?

Also a question that ive seen raised alot on these forums and never really answered, does 7* coaches make any difference at all? (Patch 9.3)

Where can I find links to Fm 08 tactics.

Check tactics forum and do a search.

Suppose a team is gelled.

Can it play new formations successfully or do they have to learn them as well?

Do they forget already learned formation, and if so, approx how many matches does it take?

I'm not sure that formations and tactics have to be 'learned'. There doesn't seem to be any indication of this whereas team gelling is a real issue.

C.

If I start a game as Liverpool and set the team up to play as 4-4-2 diamond formation, it will obviously take the team some time to get used to the tactic say it takes 10 games and they start playing some nice football. Then Steven Gerrard gets injured so I bring in Sergio Aguero to play in Gerards AMC role. I will have to change the AMC settings to get the most out of the new player, then if my fast striker gets injured aswell so I bring in a targetman to play along with Torres and I change his player instructions. Would it take another 10 games for the team to get used to the changes?

If I moved the AMC to MC would it take time for the team to get used to the changes again or not?

Acidburn - Even if it does take some time for a team to settle on a new formation/tactic (and I'm not sure that it does), Liverpool are a top side and should be able to settle into something new fairly quickly.

Certainly, making minor changes to player instructions has no effect. If it did, I would be bottom of the league, as I change them every game!

C.

I had a striker on my team who had scored 18 goals in 22 games, who had 'off the ball running' of 18. Stupidly i decided to teach him to 'move into channels' and now he has only scored 21 in 39, but when i asked him to forget running into channels he said he felt disillusioned because the same manager had asked him to learn it and refused to change back. Is there any way i can get him to forget this move?