The state of club reputations in FM 2013

Hello, fellow managers.

I have a questions regarding FM 2013. Its regarding the way reputation functions especially in the smaller leagues.

In Fm 2012 i had a long save with OB (Odense Boldklub) in the danish Superliga. After a 2rd place in the first season, i went on to win the league every year until i stopped playing in the 2020/2021 season.

I dominated every year, and also featured in Champions League every year where i more than often, made it to the quarter- and semifinals.

BUT - even though my team were very successful the clubs reputation almost didn't change at all! I was stuck at three stars. I even brought some well-known players like Andy Carrol and Ganso to try and improve my reputation. Nothing worked!

What bugged me the most, though, were the fact that the team that ALWAYS finished 2rd in the league, FC Copenhagen, and didn't produce any results in the Europa League even worth mentioning, they were still ahead of me in terms of reputation - heck, they even ROSE to a 3,5 star reputation!

As a result, FCK were named the favorite for the danish league title EVERY SINGLE YEAR, even though i trashed the league completely and often went unbeaten, scoring 100+ goals.

My question is therefore clear - has this been fixed, so scenarios like mine, can't happen in FM2013? I really enjoys playing in the smaller leagues, but i'm not sure if its really worth the effort, if i am to experience something like this again. It was ridiculous!

Thanks in advance!

I understand completely what your talking about mate, I have a long save currently with Thisted FC of Denmark and after 2 successive promotions and a few years of mid table obscurity I won 11 Super Leagues on the trot and had some successful European campaigns even winning the Europa League and I noticed my reputation had not gone up even half a damn star!!

I have had the same problem mid season with my Port Vale save. I had my next fixture against Bradford i was unbeaten for the first 5 games of the season not conceding a goal. The bookmakers correctly had me favourite being at home but the pundit who was interviewing me asked me a question which was along the lines of 'You face promotion favourites Bradford against your team Port Vale who are sitting top of the table. Do you think you have any chance of winning?' Umm I would say so! Annoyed me a little bit and when taking team talks i was talking about being the underdog.

id say nothing changed... i played couple years holidaying in poland, i started out in second division as Polonia Bytom, who at the started are #33 in domestic reputation ladder, i got promoted in my third season, and finished 7th, 13th, 6th, by that time i was still BEHIND Zawisza, who didnt even had a league, since they dropped out of the second league, and theres nothing lower, and although i stayed in the top division for 3 years my reputation was lower than a non leagued team.. isnt that great...

Hello, fellow managers.

I have a questions regarding FM 2013. Its regarding the way reputation functions especially in the smaller leagues.

In Fm 2012 i had a long save with OB (Odense Boldklub) in the danish Superliga. After a 2rd place in the first season, i went on to win the league every year until i stopped playing in the 2020/2021 season.

I dominated every year, and also featured in Champions League every year where i more than often, made it to the quarter- and semifinals.

BUT - even though my team were very successful the clubs reputation almost didn't change at all! I was stuck at three stars. I even brought some well-known players like Andy Carrol and Ganso to try and improve my reputation. Nothing worked!

What bugged me the most, though, were the fact that the team that ALWAYS finished 2rd in the league, FC Copenhagen, and didn't produce any results in the Europa League even worth mentioning, they were still ahead of me in terms of reputation - heck, they even ROSE to a 3,5 star reputation!

As a result, FCK were named the favorite for the danish league title EVERY SINGLE YEAR, even though i trashed the league completely and often went unbeaten, scoring 100+ goals.

My question is therefore clear - has this been fixed, so scenarios like mine, can't happen in FM2013? I really enjoys playing in the smaller leagues, but i'm not sure if its really worth the effort, if i am to experience something like this again. It was ridiculous!

Thanks in advance!

Surely this actually quite realistic because it's your club's league that is holding you back, yes your reputation should have gone above other clubs in your leagues that's a fair point but a club from Denmark will never have a high reputation because of the league. It's the same as Celtic/Rangers.

The main problem I see with Dynamic Reputation is the way it’s calculated. It’s based on real life factors and real life football history, and let’s be honest very few, if any team have stormed up their domestic leagues and dominated Europe in any of the top 3 or 4 European leagues, never mind the “lesser” leagues of Europe. No offence to any Scandinavians but I can’t see one of their lower leagues clubs rising from the depths of amateur football to end up beating the likes of Barca and Man United in a matter of a decade unless they are maybe taken over by a Tycoon with some serious money!

So it’s a bit of a double-edged sword. Do SI:-

A) Lessen the realism of the dynamic league and let amateur clubs’ rep drastically increase in a few seasons by basing it on recent success.

or

B) Keep with the calculations they’ve got and have these “freak” occurrences happen where dominant clubs still have lower rep.

Basically, we’re always going to keep these amazing rises through the leagues in FM because it’s AI we’re playing against.

One quick question, does a Tycoon take over affect the rep of the club? This should really be the onlt thing that could make the club’s rep rocket IMHO.

i think one possible solution would be to make the reputation more of a short term thing, i mean like calculate it for the last 5-10 years max, who cares if a club won 20 times the league in the 70's these days... sure the club has alot of fans and alot of history... but if he performs poorly the last 5 years say, the reputation should drop... nobody cares what the club achieved 30 years ago.. but it feels like the FM reputation just sticks which whatever happened past 80 years

The main problem I see with Dynamic Reputation is the way it’s calculated. It’s based on real life factors and real life football history, and let’s be honest very few, if any team have stormed up their domestic leagues and dominated Europe in any of the top 3 or 4 European leagues, never mind the “lesser” leagues of Europe. No offence to any Scandinavians but I can’t see one of their lower leagues clubs rising from the depths of amateur football to end up beating the likes of Barca and Man United in a matter of a decade unless they are maybe taken over by a Tycoon with some serious money!

So it’s a bit of a double-edged sword. Do SI:-

A) Lessen the realism of the dynamic league and let amateur clubs’ rep drastically increase in a few seasons by basing it on recent success.

or

B) Keep with the calculations they’ve got and have these “freak” occurrences happen where dominant clubs still have lower rep.

Basically, we’re always going to keep these amazing rises through the leagues in FM because it’s AI we’re playing against.

One quick question, does a Tycoon take over affect the rep of the club? This should really be the onlt thing that could make the club’s rep rocket IMHO.

I can also see it being worked out like a very long-term version of UEFA coefficients. A league has to grow to where it's a real consistent force in competitions over 10/20/30 years to really show a jump above the "Big 5". Which from looking at people's threads (dafuge's especially) it looks like this is difficult if the AI doesn't team build enough to make FCK (as in the example of the OP) and other clubs good enough to battle the user's team.

I thank you for the answers.

I also believe that there was a problem with the dynamic league reputation. Eventhough i did very well in the Champions League and even won the Europa League in 2017/2018 season, the reputation didn't change at all from the 2011/2012 season. The other danish teams performed pretty average but still i would expect a rise in the leagues reputation.

The low league reputation doesn't change that i should easily have earned a higher reputation than FCK, and the fact that they rose to 3,5 stars a couple of years into the save, is obviously not as intended.

@Niels Brock - Unfortunately the save was on my old laptop, so i don't have any screenshots to provide proof of my experience.

I think Mr Brocks gets the point. I hope SI does something about this as this is one of the most crucial aspects of the game. Im sure we all want to build our team up, and without this possibility, it makes the idea of playing FM13 bland

Archived