FM 2013: Good Staff (DoF, Scouts, Coaches, etc.)

tjt65

This is the thread for all of your recommendations for the Best Staff in Football Manager 2013. I thought it would be useful especially for those who are getting used to the new Director of Football feature.

Please use the following format when recommending staff. It makes it a lot easier for people to see where there is a recommendation, and where is discussion.

Anything from the best staff at the Major Clubs to the best staff that can be hired at Lower League Clubs.

Also, please try and fill in as much as you can. This will help people even more.

Name:

Staff Role:

Nationality:

Club:

Key Attributes:

Compensation:

Good for? (Prem? Blue Sq?):

All the staff members mentioned in the 2012 thread (sticky and posts in thread) are all still brilliant so you should just add them. Although Tosh Farrel is now a scout, however Bernhard Peters is now Head of Youth development so his excellent stats are used better.

Name: Gianpiero Ventrone

Staff Role: Coach

Nationality: Italy

Club: None

Key Attributes: Determination 19, Motivating 18, Working with Youngsters 18, Man Management 17.

Compensation: Free

If you can get him, do it! Got 4 stars in Tactics, Ball Control, Defending, Attacking and Shooting.

Name: Paulo César Batista dos Santos

Nationality: Brazil

Key Attributes: Determination 17, Motivating 17, Working with Youngsters 17, Defending 17

Also a great one! 4½ stars in Tactics and Defending. Not so good at the other categories (best one after that 3½ on Ball Control)

Name: Johan Cruijff

Staff Role: Assistant Manager

Nationality: the Netherlands

Key Attributes: Epic allround assistant, high scores on tactical, youngsters, attacking.

Don't know why, but Cruijff is signable in FM13..

Name: Luciano Moggi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Moggi

Staff Role: Scout, Chief Scout, Assistant Manager (probably youth, reserve and Director of Football aswell)

Nationality: Italian

Key Attributes: Man Management 20, Adaptability 20, Judging Player Ability 20, Motivating 20, Tactical Knowledge 19, Judging Player Potential 18, Determanation 15

Compensation: None

Good for? (Prem? Blue Sq?): I hired him for Olympiacos as Assistant Manager and Cluj as a Scout. So will accept middle of the road European teams.

Name: Luciano Moggi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Moggi

Staff Role: Scout, Chief Scout, Assistant Manager (probably youth, reserve and Director of Football aswell)

Nationality: Italian

Key Attributes: Man Management 20, Adaptability 20, Judging Player Ability 20, Motivating 20, Tactical Knowledge 19, Judging Player Potential 18, Determanation 15

Good for? (Prem? Blue Sq?): I hired him for Olympiacos as Assistant Manager and Cluj as a Scout. So will accept middle of the road European teams.

He's a great addition to the backroom staff stat-wise, but on a moral level there's no way I could hire him. Bribing referees, against homosexual footballers; no thank you Mr. Moggi.

Found a guy called Pantaleo Corvino who seems to have cracking stats

What sort of club is he willing to discuss terms with? I'm considering starting a new save with Newcastle now the full game is out and I found a lot of staff in the first season weren't willing to discuss a contract with me.

What sort of club is he willing to discuss terms with? I'm considering starting a new save with Newcastle now the full game is out and I found a lot of staff in the first season weren't willing to discuss a contract with me.

I've signed him twice, was Man Utd and Bayern, so I presume only top teams unfortunately, I did try to sign him with Wolves, I was in the Premiership and he didn't wanna know.

I've signed him twice, was Man Utd and Bayern, so I presume only top teams unfortunately, I did try to sign him with Wolves, I was in the Premiership and he didn't wanna know.

He was sort of half willing to discuss terms with Newcastle, but was looking for about double what I could offer in wages for a scout. Someone on the Newcastle thread has managed to sign him as a DoF but I already had someone in that role.

He was sort of half willing to discuss terms with Newcastle, but was looking for about double what I could offer in wages for a scout. Someone on the Newcastle thread has managed to sign him as a DoF but I already had someone in that role.

Ahh, I found that, he wanted nearly £20k in wages to sign, he was useless as my DoF anyway, told him to sign Ademilson (I knew about his minimum release clause), yet every time I told him to go after him, he'd say he couldn't sign him because their valuation of him was too high!

What do you guys do for scouts? Do you go for the higher rated ones, or the ones with more set knowledge of a particular region?

I tend to try and build up a network of scouts from different nations; trying to get scouts for each nation/continent with a minimum of 15 in judging ca/pa is pretty difficult mind you!

Name: Luciano Moggi

Staff Role: Scout (he'd be an excellent DoF, but he's not that interested)

Key Attributes: Everything you need from a scout / DoF. He's old and I think he'll retire soon. He is "unproven" (really? LOL) so he'll come whatever club you manage, as soon as you hire him fast.

Name: Riccardo Agricola

Staff Role: Physio

Key Attributes: Great physio, but for some reason he doesn't show up in every game, even if you have Italy selected.

Name: Paul Winsper

Staff Role: Fitness coach

Nationality: England

Key Attributes: THE fitness coach. A moderately rich championship club can hire him with no problem.

Name: Joe Corrigan

Staff Role: GK coach

Key Attributes: Good & Cheap.

Name: Steve Nickson

Staff Role: Scout

Key Attributes: J-pt 19+, J-ability 16+

Name: Alan Robertson

Staff Role: Head of Youth Dev.

Nationality: Scotland

Club: Kilmarnock

Key Attributes: J-pt, J-ability, Youngsters.

Compensation: around 30k.

Name: Rosario Di Vincenzo

Staff Role: Assistant manager

Key Attributes: everything but fitness and physio.

Compensation: Free (but won't come unless you're a big club)

Name: Luciano D'Onofrio

Nationality: Italy (based in Belgium, though)

Key Attributes: ability, potential

Compensation: Free (but won't come unless you're a big club)

Name: Andrea Bergamo

Key Attributes: tactical

Compensation: Free (relatively cheap)

DoF: I decided to have my chairman hire him, and he looks for: Judging potential, judging ability, man management. I think this is true also for the head of youth development, + of course working with youngsters.

Name: Cassiano Luis

Staff Role: Fitness Coach

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Unattached

Key Attributes: 5* fitness coach

Good for: Comes to Championship Clubs

Name: Salvino Damiao

Staff Role: GK Coach

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Fortaleza

Key Attributes: 4 1/2* GK coach

Compensation: £35K

Good for: Comes to Championship Clubs

Brazilian players may be needed for these to show.

Name: Ozkan Sumer

Nationality: Turkish

Key Attributes: Judging ability 19, Judging potential 19

Compensation: Nil

Good for? (Prem? Blue Sq?): Top division teams across Europe, will also possibly sign for Championship teams

p2Itzl.jpg

Click the screenshot for a bigger pic :)

Name: Ozkan Sumer

Nationality: Turkish

Key Attributes: Judging ability 19, Judging potential 19

Compensation: Nil

Good for? (Prem? Blue Sq?): Top division teams across Europe, will also possibly sign for Championship teams

p2Itzl.jpg

Click the screenshot for a bigger pic :)

I got this guy with villareal in first season.

Name:Massimo Bonini

Staff Role: Coach (Defending)

Nationality: San Marino

Key Attributes: Defending - 17; Level of Discipline - 20; Fitness - 15.

Compensation: £0

Good for? (Prem? Blue Sq?): Joined me in Ligue 2 so could go to many top flight clubs and even some championship ones

He is rated 4 Stars in defending.

Name: Paul Gludovatz

Staff Role: Coach (Tactics) Scout, DOF

Nationality: Austrian

Key Attributes: Tactical - 18; Working with youngsters - 20, JPA and JPP 15 and 17 respectively, Determination - 15; Motivating - 13; Level of Discipline - 18.

Compensation: £0

Good for? (Prem? Blue Sq?): Joined me in Ligue 2 so could go to many top flight clubs and even some championship ones

4.5 Stars in Tactical coaching.

Archived