Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

Gundo's FM1
European Adventure Challenge™

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdN3YZ8eYD8dyUzFpNCnYlGtBnePMgDuwlYecMUMUe0ecJ2QzB

The History

Gundo's European Adventure Challenge was first introduced as an alternative to the dafuge challenge back on FM06 after I had a brainwave one evening. It is essentially a 'small club to big club challenge' with a different name. It has unearthed some true diamonds - player-wise over the years, to name just one - the Swedish/Polish youngster Patrik Burda was just magical for many of us on FM06 and 07. In truth it's the participants of the challenge that make it what it is, with stories of success and some of failure. Hopefully this challenge will be around for many more versions yet.
:thup:

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to their Domestic League Title and Champions League crown (doesn't have to be in the same season). I realize it's not an easy challenge, but should be a lot of fun trying.

The Set-up

European Leagues you can't use:
England
France
Germany
, *Ireland,
Italy
Portugal
, Russia
Spain, Turkey
and *Scotland.

*due no promotion or relegation to/from the lowest playable division.

*FM12 League reputations -
Eligible nations below the line (except *Ire & *Sco):

England          185 
Spain            180 
Germany          172  
Italy            170 
France           155
Portugal         145 
Russia           143 
Turkey           135 
--------------------[b][b] 
Netherlands      134[/b][/b][b][b] 
Ukraine          130[/b][/b] [b]
Greece           128  
Belgium          122 [/b][b]
Romania          118[/b][i] 
*Scotland        117[/i][b][b] 
Denmark          115[/b][/b] [b]
Switzerland      114[/b][b] 
Austria          112[/b][b][b] 
Czech Republic   112[/b][/b]  [b][i]
Israel           111[/i][/b][b] 
Poland           109[/b] 
[b]Serbia           108
[/b][b][b]Croatia          106
[/b][/b][b][b]Bulgaria         106[/b][/b][b][b] 
Slovakia         106[/b][/b][b]  
Norway           105[/b]  [b][b]
Belarus          104[/b][/b][b][b] 
Sweden           102[/b][/b][b]  
Slovenia         99  
Hungary          98
[/b][b]Iceland          95[/b] 
[b]Finland          90[/b]  [b]
[i]*[/i][/b][i]Ireland          90 [/i][b]
N. Ireland       72[/b]  
[b]Wales            58[/b]    

Getting started

• Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you have selected; only one nation is allowed.

• You are free to use a Large, Medium or Small a database.

• You are free to load players from Top Clubs (Europe or All Continents - This increases the challenge at Continental Level).

• You are free to load Players Based in Your Nation Only.

• You are also free to load current international players from each continent if you choose.

• NO other additional customising is allowed.

• Attribute masking should be enabled.

• Add yourself as an unemployed Manager (hol_man); the details are not important at all.

• Then go on holiday until the new seasons teams are generated (each country will be different). An example: Norway's is 13th January. (Hint - saving the day before on 12th January for Norway, should give you a better choice of teams by being able to quit and reloading the game). A list of rough dates for your relevant nation will be listed below.

League re-set dates from FM12
(+ denotes confirmed FM13 re-set dates)

+Austria - 25th June.

+Belarus - 14th February.

+Belgium
-
30th June.

+Bulg
aria - 1st July.

+Croatia - 20th June.

+
CzechRepublic - 30th June.

+Denmark - 30th June.

+Finland - 7th January.

+G
reece - 30th June.

Netherlands
-
6th July.

+Hungary
-
20th June.

+Iceland -
25th November.

Israel -
20th June.

+N.Ireland - 20th June.

+Norway
-
13th January.

Poland
- 30th June.

Romania
- 30th June.

Serbia
- 9th July.

+Slovak
ia- 29th June.

+Slovenia - 1st July.

Sweden
- 15th December.

Switzerland
- 20th June.

Ukraine
- 18th June.

+Wales
-
20th June.

Remember to save a few days before to ensure they are the correct dates.

Then do the following...

• Then retire your original manager profile.

• Add a new manager, the options/details are up to you but 'past experience' must be set as 'Sunday League Footballer' or if that reputation isn't available then you must then select 'Automatic'.

• I understand that choosing your nationality may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this, I would expect people to use their own nationalities/second nationalities.

• Take over one of the newly promoted clubs to the lowest playable division within your selected nation. If you are not sure about which clubs have been promoted simply check the nation overview screen and check the promoted teams to the bottom division in the 'season summary' section.

• It is completely up to you which club you choose, although please appreciate that some clubs may be easier to manage than others. example; Some clubs will have a full squad of players and staff, while others won't. Also some will have higher reputations than others making it easier to sign players ect. So choose wisely. The nation you've chosen to manage in will affect difficulty too.

• It is now up to you to manage your chosen club to their domestic title and to win the UEFA Champions League.

• You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; whereby then you can either take over a newly promoted club to the lowest playable division next time the reset date comes round or simply quit your current save and start over.

• Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

• There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

Scouting Guidelines

• You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.If an agent offers you a player, it is ok to sign the player.

• No external utilities such as FMScout.

Rules for this Thread

• Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

• Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

• Screenshots for anything in-game are encouraged, as are youtube clips of matches ect. I will advise you to put video clips as links only though and not as a direct click and play type.This will keep the thread fairly clutter free and make browsing it quicker.

• When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your managers Personal Screen (it's the screen that shows your starting rep., dob ect.) on the date you take control at your new club.

• Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success or failure). So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

• At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Thanks to
Swinburn
for this.

Enjoy your European Adventure!
:cool:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loading up N. Ireland now. Gonna be interesting.

Edit: This in not FMC eligible, right? I'm gonna play full version anyhow.

Not going to include it at present, so this thread will be just for the full version.

I don't know too much about the FMC mode if I'm honest but we will see what happens in the next two weeks.

Not going to include it at present, so this thread will be just for the full version.

I don't know too much about the FMC mode if I'm honest but we will see what happens in the next two weeks.

I haven't tried it either, but I was just asking since I can't see anything about it in the opening post. Btw, holidaying seems to take much longer than on FM12..

Just want to point out these new bits from above (optional of course);

• You are free to load players from Top Clubs (Europe or All Continents - This increases the challenge at Continental Level).

• You are free to load Players Based in Your Nation Only.

Hmm.... Not sure if this is even playable now. I am unable so sign any staff whatsoever! They respond to adverts, but they refuse to even negotiate. Tried to sign the most horrible staff I could find in staff search, but nope, won't talk contract. This goes for every position btw. Gonna try a bit more, to see if it changes.

Edit: Managed to find someone who'll negotiate. Might be doable yet.

The Big Euro challenge is first on my list but if I have the time I intend to hit this up at some point, I'm thinking Croatia (if the league is sorted out this year, it was a mess last year with realignment totally screwed up) or maybe Romania.

Good luck to all involved this year.

Jeez, I have adverts out for most positions as staff. Many of the ones who reply goes to the media rambling about how much they want the job, but they won't talk contract when I try. Go figure.

Great to have this going again. Really looking forward to find out what team to be this year. Unfortunately I am really knocked out with the flu, so everything is going very slow for me at the moment. But is downloading the beta now, and hopefully will start holidaying later today.

Will be in Norway for sure, hope to get a team very close to were I live.

Good luck you fellow challengers, and XaW, enjoy the ride i Northern Ireland. Should be a lot of fun there.

Thanks, Taunton. The players at this level are so incredibly bad. I'm thinking about subbing my GK with a cone. The cone at least don't move away from any balls coming it's way.

Argh, giving up on this now. Gonna try out in a bit bigger leagues before going as far down as N. Ireland. Gonna try out dafuges, and then come back here. Sorry guys.

Gundo, the reset date in Belgium is now June 30th, though, because of the relegation playoff format, it appears promoted teams are fixed before the end of the league season. I think, if you want a particular team, you need to save on May 12th (the day of the last league match), then reload from there through to June 30th.

FC Djursland: Season 2013/14

This was a year of two seasons after a great run in our first fifteen games saw us sitting top of the table only for me to realise the 2nd Division in Denmark has a five month break from early November to early April. The second fifteen games saw us plummet from the top of the table down to 8th before we managed to climb to a more respectable finish.

We had a fairly good cup run, knocking out Superliga side, and my parent club Brondby IF but then slipping to First Division side SønderjyskE a round later after initially taking the lead.

Team of the season

My assistant manager happened to grab player of the season for me after being my top scorrer with 14 goals, 12 of those in the league.

Hopefully some young rejects from better sides will help propel us back to the top next season.

Well, let's get this started.

Meet Egil Nykirke, the new manager of Larvik Turn.

Finally the team I wanted came up. A team from my home town, and I have played against them a lot of times. They have always been our great rivals.

I could literally be a manager of this club, (people in my family has), so that adds to realism.

It is harsh times in Larvik when it comes to football, so the great aim is to bring some success to my home town. (Even though I don't live there any more.)

The club is semi-professional, and the capacity of the stadium is 5000.

The stadium is situated near one of Europe's largest beech forests, and "Turn" as they are called were the best team in Norway in the fifties. (Two kinds of info that has nothing in common:D). Turn means gymnastics, so they also have a gymnastics heritage. Means my players will keep fit and agile.

Wish me luck.

Finally the team I wanted came up. A team from my home town, and I have played against them a lot of times. They have always been our great rivals.

I could literally be a manager of this club, (people in my family has), so that adds to realism.

Sounds like the perfect club and the above bit.:cool::cool::cool:

Good luck.

FC Djursland: Season 2014/15

Killed by my goal difference! A great second half of the season saw us chasing top spot all the way catching up to 1st place on the last day of the season after winning our game only to see Hobro draw and win the title and promotion on their superior goal difference. We had much stronger team performances this year due to the number of quality additions to the team that saw us avoid that mid season disaster. Iddi Alkhag was once again my top scorer however with 15 league goals which saw him finish 2nd in the league goal tally.

A rather unimpressive cup run this season saw us make only the second round. We thumped Viby 8-2 in the first round only to be beaten 3-0 by Rosenhøj, a team that wasnt even in a playable league.

Team of the season

This season my left winger and captain Jens Borup took out fans player of the season as one of the leagues top assist providers, but turning 31 this coming season may mean i need to start looking for a replacement.

Next season will be an interesting one, hopefully we can grab that promotion spot but with Thisted FC (a team that ran away with the title two seasons ago), being relegated to our league that might be a bit of a struggle.

FC Djursland: Season 2014/15

Killed by my goal difference! A great second half of the season saw us chasing top spot all the way catching up to 1st place on the last day of the season after winning our game only to see Hobro draw and win the title and promotion on their superior goal difference. We had much stronger team performances this year due to the number of quality additions to the team that saw us avoid that mid season disaster. Iddi Alkhag was once again my top scorer however with 15 league goals which saw him finish 2nd in the league goal tally.

A rather unimpressive cup run this season saw us make only the second round. We thumped Viby 8-2 in the first round only to be beaten 3-0 by Rosenhøj, a team that wasnt even in a playable league.

Team of the season

This season my left winger and captain Jens Borup took out fans player of the season as one of the leagues top assist providers, but turning 31 this coming season may mean i need to start looking for a replacement.

Next season will be an interesting one, hopefully we can grab that promotion spot but with Thisted FC (a team that ran away with the title two seasons ago), being relegated to our league that might be a bit of a struggle.

That was harsh! :eek: So close but no cigar. But it looks like the team is more than capable to compete in the division so crossing fingers that you will clinch it next year. And that you will find some more good players to strengthen the team.

How is it in Denmark? Is it like Norway, with 2. division, 1. division and the Premier, or do you have to go through more divisions?

Denmark is the same as Norway although we only have 2 second divisions east and west.

Checking Wales out now.

Reset date is 20th of June as listed above. Seems like Rhyl and Haverfordwest are the most likely candidates to go up. I find someone else then.

That was harsh! :eek: So close but no cigar. But it looks like the team is more than capable to compete in the division so crossing fingers that you will clinch it next year. And that you will find some more good players to strengthen the team.

How is it in Denmark? Is it like Norway, with 2. division, 1. division and the Premier, or do you have to go through more divisions?

It was a bit harsh but i just kept thinking about the points i threw away throughout the season through poor decisions.

Just as Neutronen says, Denmark's second division is divided into two leagues, east and west. There are three relegation spots in those two leagues with one promotion spot each to the first league where there is obviously two relegation spots and i think its either two or three promotion spots to the Super Liga.

Alright, I'm ready to go. I just upgraded both software and ram in my Macbook Pro, which now has 8GB!

Let's see if that helps my save speed--before that (with 4GB) I couldn't even play in 3D. And it took hours and HOURS to holiday a year, which made it horrible to even try. So let's see--hopefully this works!

I'll update and see how the holiday in Serbia goes!

T24

Edit: Holy crap! How much difference 4gb of RAM makes! I dont know about being able to try 3D yet, but it took me 33 minutes to holiday a season!

FC Djursland: Season 2015/16

Well i guess my two predictions came true. Thisted FC were just too good for me to catch and i did have to replace the aging Borup, although sooner than i expected as my young back up Phillip Zickernagel performed much better at left midfield to claim a spot in the starting side after scoring 4 goals in three games.

On the plus side i feel as though my squad is really starting to head in a good direction and some of the performances in the second half of the season saw us pile on many goals to finish with a very good goal difference. (Where was that last season!!!)

Team of the season

Oliver Jørgensen was my top scorer this season, matching Alkhag's tally last season, although Jørgensen managed to grab the golden boot for the second division west.

I'm quite excited with the players i have this season, espescially a player from my own youth side, Niklas Stentoft Petersen who is rated by my coaches as my best centre back already at the age of 17 having made 11 appearances for me last season. The end of this season also saw a number of older players move on, most notably my player/assistant manager Iddi Alkhag is gone. After being my top scorer for the first two seasons his age finally caught up with him and there were many better alternatives for an assistant manager.

Twellmann24: Good luck in Serbia. Looking forward to follow your progress.

charlo116: Unlucky again. I am sure you will clinch the promotion sooner than later.

I will give it another go tonight. Not sure if I should choose another team or stick with Larvik Turn. Time will show.:) Since it is actually my rival club irl I can take some comfort in having relegated them:lol:

Cookie15 will be returning to Norway :brock:

However, my laptop is soooo old it does not have the OS to be able to cope with the new version....:(

Only one thing for it............buying a new laptop tomorrow just to play FM13, now that's what i call commitment to Gundo's Challenge :D

So with the disappointment with Larvik Turn behind me, i have set my sights on a team it is difficult to resist.

They will probably be one of the easier promoted teams to manage, but what the heck.

Lyn is Norways Rangers. Declared bankrupt and relegated down to level 7. Now they are on their way up, have a massive following, and are from Oslo.

So the temptation to manage such a club with a great potential, and the possibility that they will build their own (hopefully huge stadium) is too much to resist.

So, this is my Gundo's FM13 challenge attempt two.

And this will be the lucky guy trying to bring the mighty team that had to play both their legs in the quarter final in the Cup winners cup against Barcelona at Camp Nou in 1969 because of the winter conditions in Norway. They lost 5-4 on aggregate. Soon (or in a distant future:D) it is time for revenge.

charlo I like the look of that centre back for 17. Just need to improve his quickness a bit and you'll be laughing?

Well i had to offer him a big payrise just to stop him from being poached by other clubs. Last season my coaches said he had the potential to be a good First League defender but now after some game time they're saying he has the potential to become a good Superliga defender. Hopefully he doesn't outgrow the club too quickly.

So with the disappointment with Larvik Turn behind me, i have set my sights on a team it is difficult to resist.

They will probably be one of the easier promoted teams to manage, but what the heck.

Lyn is Norways Rangers. Declared bankrupt and relegated down to level 7. Now they are on their way up, have a massive following, and are from Oslo.

So the temptation to manage such a club with a great potential, and the possibility that they will build their own (hopefully huge stadium) is too much to resist.

So, this is my Gundo's FM13 challenge attempt two.

And this will be the lucky guy trying to bring the mighty team that had to play both their legs in the quarter final in the Cup winners cup against Barcelona at Camp Nou in 1969 because of the winter conditions in Norway. They lost 5-4 on aggregate. Soon (or in a distant future:D) it is time for revenge.

i didn't realise that this had happened to them.... Makes for an interesting challenge team, one which i might have to consider at some point as i do like to try and revive teams that have had relative success but have then fallen on harder times... good luck with it - i will be an interested spectator for now...

Archived