FM13 Cut-Out Faces Megapack Thread

Mons

Megapack50_new2.png

Preview of style:

WR.png

The file is available from the cut-out faces megapack download section on sortitoutsi.net

* Premium Members of sortitoutsi will be able to get a single click download.

* If you are not a premium member, we suggest using the 5.0 torrent file if you are downloading the complete pack from scratch. Please note, that the torrent is only for the base 5.0 pack. So download that and then download each update pack in order. Free registration to the site is needed.

Contains 116,547 images of staff, officials & players from all around the world.

*after the 5.0 complete pack or all update packs up to 4.13 have been applied

This is a stand-alone pack intended for use with FM13, but it will work with all versions of the game from FM09 onwards.

The idea behind this Megapack is that everyone downloads it and it gives us a base to work from. Over time with each update pack, we will replace older/poor-quality images with newer/better ones as well as filling in the blanks along the way.

Also available now are new default images for those using dark skins.

YusufMersinOverview_Profile.png

Download

IMPORTANT: THE DARK DEFAULT FACES MUST BE PLACED HERE:

My Documents/Sports Interactive/FM13/Skins

The cut-out version of the default 'empty' images are available on mediafire and on sendspace.

We have also produced the Face Icons Megapack, available here. This sister pack displays the tiny preview images you get in the game.

Polish, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian and Turkish versions of this post

included in this post on the susie forums

A link to the FM12 megapack thread

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't thank me, I'm only the messenger. Your thanks should be addressed to our many contributors, both cutters and requesters, not just now but through the years. Kudos to all of them for their hard work, persistence and eye for detail :thup:

DON'T WORRY I've fixed, hadn't unticked use caching.

I have followed all the instructions and I can't get the faces to show in FM13. I have the steam install, and have saved the file in c:\users\"my user name"\my documents\sports interactive\ football manager 2013\graphics\faces

I downloaded the Version 5.0 full pack

can someone explain why this isn't working?

I have gone into the game any reloaded the skin but the faces that have been extracted do not show.

Nice pack. Still can't beleive my cut outs are still part of this pack. :) lookijg through the read me my name still is in there, thanks guys for that. :thup:

I've no idea which are your cuts, but if they were good enough and better images haven't surfaced yet, there's no reason why they should have been removed!

Any particular reason why you stopped cutting? The more cutters we have, the more packs get cut - and we let people cut at whatever speed they can manage.

One question: why do the pack contains old out-dated pictures for players where the game has newer pictures? Its very annoying in especially the danish Superliga and the dutch Eresdivise as the game already includes pictures of great quality.

Is there any way to resolve this? One way is of course deleting the pictures one at a time but that is extremely time consuming, as one first will have to find the ID for the respective player, then finding the picture in the folder and lastly, deleting the ID from the config file.

Do you guys know of any way to resolve this issue?

Great work, btw!

Just downloaded all 34 parts in order and my pictures total 116,631.

That is indeed correct. There will be a few images carried over from FM12 which are duplicates and or mistakenly assigned. As they are not included in the config file, they will have no effect on your game and will not be displayed.

One question: why do the pack contains old out-dated pictures for players where the game has newer pictures? Its very annoying in especially the danish Superliga and the dutch Eresdivise as the game already includes pictures of great quality.

Is there any way to resolve this? One way is of course deleting the pictures one at a time but that is extremely time consuming, as one first will have to find the ID for the respective player, then finding the picture in the folder and lastly, deleting the ID from the config file.

Do you guys know of any way to resolve this issue?

Great work, btw!

The torrent was finalised last Sunday and distributed internally till Thursday afternoon to enable wider access, so it's fair to say that we did not have access to the FM13 images at that point ;)

We will be reviewing the current SI images with the current MP images in due course and replacing them when necessary. Do keep in mind, however, that it is our policy that merely having the new kit does not necessarily mean that the image is an improvement. Although they have improved through the years, SI's images generally contain a lot of what we call snow, i.e. white pixels around the head. While these are not visible on the default skin, once a dark skin is released, they are very conspicuous and rather untidy. So unless the current image is poor or very old, we will not automatically add the new images. That said, everybody likes the new season images and we'll try to include a good chunk of them :)

As the FM13 resource archiver isn't out yet, I don't think you can extract the SI images, convert the file name from text to UID and replace the current MP images for the time being. You might want to try the FM12 archiver in the hope that it still works.

Hope this answers your query.

It says download the 5.0 then the updates. I didn't think there would be any updates as this is for FM13 or am I missing something?

The text is there in anticipation of the first update for the 5.0 series, which I hope to have prior to the game release on November 2nd :)

I will of course announce any releases in here when the time comes.

I've no idea which are your cuts, but if they were good enough and better images haven't surfaced yet, there's no reason why they should have been removed!

Any particular reason why you stopped cutting? The more cutters we have, the more packs get cut - and we let people cut at whatever speed they can manage.

I am now in my 40's with a grand child and tons of work. Don't have the time now hence why is topped graphics and also closed down my website few years back. :)

You guys are doing great work. :)

P.S: i downloaded 5.0 torrent do i need to download any other parts? I now have 116,602 players faces. Have i missed some somewhere?

I am now in my 40's with a grand child and tons of work. Don't have the time now hence why is topped graphics and also closed down my website few years back. :)

You guys are doing great work. :)

P.S: i downloaded 5.0 torrent do i need to download any other parts? I now have 116,602 players faces. Have i missed some somewhere?

You're fine for now - keep coming for update packs. We intend to have one by the time of the full game release, to add images for newly-created players (dependent on the amount of images collected) :)

Please i need your help as i am noob at graphics. I have downloaded all sortitutsi megapacks up to 4.09 changes. Can you provide me with a link with other megapacks i miss please?

Check the link in the OP to the old FM12 thread, you'll have the links you need there.

Thanks for your kind words, Bhoy!

Keep up the good work, guys!!!

just to be sure, I'm downloading the pack torrent 5.0 all over again (cba with copying from one computer to an other)

When I have done that, I need to download all the individual files?

The torrent 5.0 is sufficient at this point in time.

Someone having trouble with the graphics in FM13 Beta. I copied my graphics from FM12 to FM13 Beta but my game keeps crashing... If I delete them again it is fine...

What is the location you are putting the graphics in?

You have something in your graphics folder that isnt working right it sounds like.

Logos & faces work ok. Do you have nay other graphics in there?

Just copied all. Backgrounds, Kits, adds and numbers... Someone also says I am running to many leagues...

My graphics is located C:\Users\Ole Nielsen\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\graphics

That is the correct location.

Are your in-game settings identical to this?

FootballManager2013_Interface.png

Mine is also marked in number 3...

I've no idea what this means :(

I have managed to get the logos working that I had on FM12 but they needed updating.

It's made all the faces that were already on FM13 be replaced with a blank black cut-out?

EDIT: I've decided to delete everything and start fresh.

What method did you use to get the player faces? How many images in all do you have in your MP folder? Do you have a file in there named config.xml? What is the exact location of the MP folder please?

How long should it take for the torrent to get up to full speed?

Torrents are different to regular downloads in that different parts are taken from different users. This means that downloading speed can depend on the uploading limit of the seeders (the people who already have at least part of the file). Moreover, if seeders don't share the files with others, there'll be a lack of people to download from.

Hi a quick note to people downloading the torrent - I am currently seeding and have been for a while now. However I have just seen two people get to 100% and immediately log-out. (considered very bad form in the torrent world)

I ask all of you that are downloading to leave the file uploading after it's complete to AT LEAST upload the same amount you have downloaded. Otherwise the torrent will never take off and people will continue to complain about the lack of seeds.

Someone having trouble with the graphics in FM13 Beta. I copied my graphics from FM12 to FM13 Beta but my game keeps crashing... If I delete them again it is fine...

Try going to Preferences and switching the Interface Rendering Mode to Software instead of GPU Assisted, that could make it work.

Great work once again guys!

To the guys who created the Nottingham Forest facepack inside the megapack - Do you have the full sized (not cropped) pictures of the Nottingham Forest players that I could have, like last year?

I've tried seaching and asking on the SIOSI website but couldn't find it!

Thanks.

You're probably best advised to request for that information in the any other matters thread on the susie forums, as it's unlikely that the pack requester and cutter will see your request in here...

Thanks once again, one slight issue though...

Is there anyway of using 5.0 without overwriting the default and updated football league face packs already on the game, as they are more up to date than those on 5.0?

I've already explained the reasoning behind this and a possible workaround for this situation in the second part of post #12 of this very thread.

The facepack is causing crash drumps for me :( So had to ditch them for now.

I'm sorry to hear that. I doubt whether it's to do with the pack itself as there's many thousands for whom it works without any issues. Might have something to do with your system or the method/location of installation.

If you could elaborate a bit on when/how it occurs and what exactly happens when the crash dump appears, I might be able to assist further...

I've already explained the reasoning behind this and a possible workaround for this situation in the second part of post #12 of this very thread.

Thank you for directing me to the right place, it appears 12 does indeed work.. is there any chance you could please me through the process which you described here "As the FM13 resource archiver isn't out yet, I don't think you can extract the SI images, convert the file name from text to UID and replace the current MP images for the time being. You might want to try the FM12 archiver in the hope that it still works." Thank you very much!

RowRow78 made

on how to use the Resource Archiver. The version he's using is for the FM09 (or FM10, I forget) but the functions are broadly similar. Extract the images you want to replace.

In previous games, SI would name the files by the player's name, and not the UID as is our practice. You will then need to use fmXML to convert the filenames to UIDs. You would then replace the images in the MP folder with these new images.

Or you could save yourself the trouble and let us do it for you ;) Is there any particular team whose pics are considerably better than the MP's, so we can give them priority. As explained previously, that it is our policy that merely having the new kit does not necessarily mean that the image is an improvement. Although they have improved through the years, SI's images generally contain a lot of what we call snow, i.e. white pixels around the head. While these are not visible on the default skin, once a dark skin is released, they are very conspicuous and rather untidy. So unless the current image is poor or very old, we will not automatically add the new images.

Hey Mons, I know this isn't the correct thread for the metallic logo's but was wondering if there is a release set for the new FM pack. Finding it hard to find anything on the new look sortitoutsi site so if you could post a link if there is one about updated news for megapack it would be much appreciated mate.

Hello Mons. Its that time of the year again. Last year you helped a lifetime fan install face-packs for the first time and it made my experience of the game very enjoyable.

Its 2013 now. How do I transfer my 4.0 pack into the new game and how do I download the updates????

A step by step would help.

Love you xxxxx

Tyrone, for the self-deprecating humour in that post, I'll make sure to help you till you get it installed :D

Instructions on what to download and how to install it are here.

To avoid clogging up this thread, should you then have any issues, would you mind posting in here?If I'm not around at the time, I'm sure some other members will assist you. We're nice like that :)

PM me here on there if you have any problems :thup:

Unfortunately the faces show up in the FM Classic game but none show up in the actual FM game. I cant imagine why this is happening.

Can anybody confirm this is the case on their game too?

Are you running the beta or the demo?

Archived