FM 13 tactics

Guys

I have good Tactics that I have been using them on fm 12, will I be able to use them on the new game with the same effect?

Thanks

Keith

That is unlikely, if it is true what they have said about a complete re-write of the match engine. FM11.3 and 12.0 stayed reasonably similar because it was basically the same match engine. At the same time, they boast of how using football-tactical knowledge should be as effective in the game as in real life, so the same ideas should work just as well in any iteration of FM... but again, that is unlikely to be the case because if it was there would be no point making more FM games.

Could work. Flat 442's are good for direct, counter-attacking football. 424(4-2-2-2) should also work well, if you use two defensive midfielders instead of MC's. I haven't got 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2 to work, but the AI does, so it is definitely possible.

The main exploits from FM12 are gone, so if your tactic used those exploits (intentionally or accidentally) then you will not have the same success. If you had a "realistic" tactic then it should behave in much the same way.

Of course, the ME is never fully balanced, so if you use wingers/wing backs, 3 CMs etc then this will be more/less effective depending on the quirks of the ME as it evolves.

The main exploits from FM12 are gone, so if your tactic used those exploits (intentionally or accidentally) then you will not have the same success. If you had a "realistic" tactic then it should behave in much the same way.

Of course, the ME is never fully balanced, so if you use wingers/wing backs, 3 CMs etc then this will be more/less effective depending on the quirks of the ME as it evolves.

This, this & this.

In a perfect world each realistic tactic would show the same strengths & weaknesses as it does in real life. As FM isn't perfect there will always be areas within tactics that under perform or over perform compared to their real life counterpart but in general every tactic/formation should be usable in the right situation.

have noticed that in FM12 my tactic used 2 liberos or sweepers and when i transfereed tactic into FM13 1 position went missing completely??? as there is only room for 1 sweeper/libero now so what i did was recreat the tactic again and added another DC instead of using 2 sweepers/libero's and this works good now essentially still same tactic or very close to it.

cheers,

kymsheba (Mike)

Hi all does anyone have any succesful tactics they can upload for me to try as I am really struggling with Coventry City...... Tried 41122, 4132, 2332, 4141 with no succes......Woud be most greatful

With Coventry, you'd be better off trying new players rather than tactics !

With the current ME, it's unlikely that anything in FM2012 would work. My tip of creating tactics atm would be:

1. Don't leave any gap on the wing (that means, no bloody AMR/AMLs, always put MR MLs and DR DLs double up on opposition wide player, close down and show opposition wingers to weaker foot).

2. Have fast pacy wingers of yourself and set cross to often from byline to far post.

3. ???????? WTF why is my Abou Diaby playing on the left wing outscoring Robin Van Persie?

4. Profit.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm rapidly losing patience with FM13 now. Match after match I'm totally dominating...I mean 60-70% possession, 80-90% pass completion, 15+ shots at goal (with around 50% on target) and the opposition have 3 shots, 2 on target and win 1-0! Opposition players who haven't scored for months suddenly break their duck against me! Opposition strikers with attributes nowhere near my strikers seem only to need 1 chance, whilst mine couldn't hit a barn door with a macine gun! It just seems that whatever alterations I make have absolutely no effect. As for the new ME in general, well it just seems a bit of a mess really. In trying to make more realism they seem to have made the reallity worse! Goalkeepers are constantly beaten by shots at the near post, some from almost impossible angles, and what's with goalkeepers diving way outside the line of the goal to make "brilliant saves" from shots that look way off target? Defenders close to the ball appear to run away from it and leave it for the opposition forwards. Goalkeepers seem to just ignore any distribution instructions and hoof it down the middle. If the answer is just to play default formations, settings and instructions then what's the point? I'm not at all impressed so far and am seriously contemplating going back to FM12 until the mess is sorted. Rant over. Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Archived