Good Player & Team Guide Official Forum Rulebook - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

SRL88

gaming-footballmanager2014-2_zpsa9b0e373.jpg

Good Player & Team Guide Official Forum Rulebook

Hello everyone

Welcome to the Good Player & Team Guide Forum. In here, we offer advice related to anything to players and teams. What does that mean? Well, if you have any questions to ask relating to a specific player or team from what is the best role for X player, or who should I sign for X team etc, then this is the place for you.

Please Note: The majority of users who post in these Forums are English speaking, so please ensure that you post in English. This enables users to discuss your matters and/or offer you advice. If your English isn’t the best, it isn’t something to worry about too much as people will be patient and helpful. There are local language forums for Dutch, French, Italian & Spanish speaking users.

Rules - Shortened

Please ensure that the information you are wanting to post is done so in the correct forum. As mentioned, this is the Good Player & Team Guide, so please ensure the information you wish to post is specific to this Forum, and please ensure that you post in the correct thread. All relevant threads can be found here - This is a sticky at the top of the Good Player & Team Guide. There is no excuse for missing it.

• When creating a new thread, please make the title descriptive, but under no circumstances use any ‘attention grabbers’ such as *** in the title.
  • Give a suitable amount of information when creating a new thread. This is for the other users benefit.
  • When talking about a player, whether it be in a team thread or a player thread, Do Not post CA or PA without using the spoiler tags.
  • Do not abuse other members under any circumstances. Doing so will likely result in you receiving an infraction.
  • Please, when posting ensure that you do not post using over excessive foul language. We’re all humans, and we do swear from time to time, but remember, these forums are used by people of all ages and are classed as family forums.
  • Do not argue with other users. If you feel that someone has posted something which you think they shouldn’t have, then please use the report function in the thread and the matter will be resolved by the Moderators.
  • Text talk is not permitted in the forums. Please use ‘proper’ English at all times.
  • POSTING IN CAPITALS. Please do not post in capital letters. It is classed as shouting and can result in you receiving an infraction or warning.

Remember, this is just the short version of the Rulebook. To see the full version, please continue reading.

Rules - Extended

As mentioned, please ensure that before posting, that you are posting in the correct part of the Forum. If you have come to the conclusion that you are, then you also need to ensure that you are going to post in the correct thread. As linked above, the Official Forum Links Thread lists all the relevant threads created for use in the Good Player & Team Guide. Before creating a new thread, please check to see if there is a thread created to cover the information which you need.

For example, if you wish to ask a question regarding formations at Arsenal FC, then please check the Official Forum Links Thread for the Arsenal Team Guide and ask in there. If the question isn’t answered straight away, under no circumstances does that give you the right to create a new thread to get your question answered. If you do, the thread will be closed by the moderators and you will be linked to the correct thread anyway. Please, be patient, and in time your question will be answered. The users here in the Good Player & Team Guide are very helpful folk, and they will try and give you the best advice they can to help you along your way.

If you post in a thread, that thread will automatically go to the very top of the Good Player & Team Guide Forum which means it will be one of the first threads people will see when they enter this part of the Forum.

Before creating a Team Guide, please ensure that you have permission to do so from one of the moderators. This isn’t being pedantic, it is just making sure that we don’t have two, three or four of the same thread created by numerous users when all the linked threads are in the Official Forum Links.

You do not need permission to create a Player Thread, but as mentioned, please refer to the Official Forum Links before creating a Player Thread for the same reason as mentioned before. When creating a Player Thread, you must include a screenshot of the player, and a suitable amount of information about the player. To take a screenshot from Football Manager, please use this guide to do so. If the thread you create does not include the said information, then the thread is likely to be closed by a moderator without notice. The general belief is that the screenshot is taken at the beginning of the game, so that the player has the same stats as on other user’s games. It is recommended that the information you give includes age, nationality, current club, information regarding player roles, how much the player would cost if you wished to buy him. A brilliant example of a Player Thread for Football Manager 2012 was created by tommonufc and his thread on Danny Welbeck. This does not mean that you need to include as much information about a player and there are other fine examples which are much more basic for you to follow as a guide.

When giving advice on players, it is against the rules to openly mention what the CA or PA of a real life player is without using the spoiler tags. Many players prefer not to know these statistics as it makes the game more challenging, but posting any CA or PA of a player without the spoiler tags means they find the information out. If you wish to post CA or PA, please ensure that they are posted in the spoiler tags which can be done by typing

PA/CA here[ /spoiler] (without spaces). This will make a blacked out box around the posted text which cannot be seen.

Including CA or PA for a regen is allowed, as all regenerated players are different from save to save. This does not mean that you can create a player thread for a regen. There is a specific thread for that named ‘Rate My Regen’ which can be found in the Official Links Forums.

Remember, do not use any function to grab the attention of other users to your thread. This includes posting in capital letters or using ********, or any other form of ‘attention grabbing’.

Within the Good Player & Team Guide, we always have threads which can offer you detailed information away from X team or X player. For example, we offer you the use of the ‘What Team Should I Be’, ‘Looking For’, ‘Should I Buy or Sell’ etc. Again, these can all be found within the Official Forum Links and offer you advice for when you aren’t sure which team to be, when you are searching for a player for a certain position or if you aren’t sure whether or not to sell or buy a player. Please, when posting in those threads, try you best to use the layouts set in the opening post as the person who created that thread has taken their time out to set a layout to offer you the best information possible.

Abuse will not be tolerated within the forums. The moderators follow a strict guideline when it comes to abuse, and if you fail to follow the rules, you will likely receive an infraction. Abuse can be any form of homophobic, racist, blasphemic or threatening behaviour. All members should post and assist users in a friendly manner. If you feel that someone is failing to abide by these rules, then please report the situation to a moderator and allow them to deal with the situation.

Please ensure that you restrict the amount of foul language you use when posting. We all know that when you dominate a game for 90 minutes, only to concede a goal in the final moments is going to cause a sense of frustration and you might want to get the frustration off your chest and there is no better way than to say a few choice words, but please remember that there are a portion of younger users on the forums and these are classed as family forums so try and keep any foul language to a bare minimum.

As mentioned, ‘txt’ talk and posting in CAPITAL LETTERS is prohibited. Please ensure that you post using ‘proper’ English and the correct punctuation where needed, e.g. Sentences starting with capital letters and ending with the appropriate punctuation such as question mark (?), full stop (.) or exclamation mark (!).

This part of the forums is run by Ty. If you have any issues with anything in this Forum, then please PM him for further information. If you require any information regarding a player, team or anything else related to the Good Player & Team Guide, they will be able to point you in the right direction.

The Moderators are using the House Rules & Forum Guidelines which are set for everyone on the forums, not just in this section of them.

Remember, we are all friendly users here and we will help you to the best of our ability. If one user cant, then there will certainly be another one who will be able to do so.

A special thanks to arsenal_2111 who did this thread last year, and was the base of the layout this year

Thank you for taking your time out to read this,

Everyone in the Good Player & Team Guide.

Hi guys,

after reading the long and carefully constructed rules and regulations it's a bit off putting to read and experience what you yourself set out to stop. and leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

For E.g Text talk by pure fun (a moderator) saying "thx man", and

And blatant discrimination from SRL88 explaining how his friend can get away with things obviously others cannot

It's gonna be interesting what your reply is to this and I look forward to it to see how good you guys are, after all their your rules.

Flabbydice

Hi mate,

For a first post on these forums you're not doing yourself many favours are you :D

Anyway to answer your questions. Purefun used it once, I'm sure we all make mistakes from time to time. The odd one we let slide that's same for everyone. If not we'd be pretty petty to give infractions and warnings out everytime someone slipped up no?

We also have house rules too on this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/228943-Use-of-Text-Speak-on-the-Forums

What exactly did SRL88 let me get away with? He's not a mod and I don't think you've read the posts properly. Because if you did you would see it was a post with him messing about to the reply above., it wasn't meant as a serious one. After all the original post was;

No full stops, ban him! :D

Hence the none serious reply from SRL88.

We take your comments on board but maybe you need to take your time in reading all the posts in a thread before commenting when its clear you've misunderstood a few posts in the threads. That way, we don't get any confusion.

Welcome to the forums btw, hope you stick around :)

I was only messing about when I demanded that Cleon should be banned. The mods on these forums are fair, and have a good sense of humor as you can see from SRL88's response.

Ooh, I have a question! Can we reply to posts in L33T (Or however they type it in their language)? :p

• 1 year later...

After having 2 of my threads locked about individual players despite specifying I would post a screenie later on when I get home from work, and also specifying the players name, position, how much I paid, what season I'm in, the players age, my opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of the player and how I was going to play this player; I was then sent a link by SRL88 (who closed the thread) directing me to here.

I have just read the short version of the rule book and it specifies for me to give a suitable amount of info when creating a new thread. I have done this, apart from the screenie which I said I would post later, so why have my threads been closed? Honestly, if you expect people to post more information (I don't know what further information I can bring up about a player to be honest), then I think that's ridiculous and it will put off many people from using this forum. A fellow user said I should include things like the PA? Well I'm not doing that as I don't want to cheat by looking up a players PA before signing them. So what's really missing from my post that's unacceptable apart from the screenie I said I would post later? Not everyone has the time to look up every detail about a player, surely the basic essential information I've posted listing the players position, value, age, strengths, weaknesses and how I'm intending to play him should be more than enough to cover the "suitable" amount of info you're requesting?

The two threads are titled Kurt Zouma and Gabriel Iancu by the way.

SRL will open them back up when there is a picture I'm sure. What I will add is your threads have just a paragraph of a horrid lay out. Have a look at some other threads and you'll see what is required.

My thread is just a paragraph of a horrid lay out? I'm sorry but I only required a paragraph to give info on a player. The Damiao thread is a lot less informative than mine about the actual player, it just has a screenie in there (which I said I would post later). It seems this forum is clicky, a few of you kiss the mods backsides and it's not a forum I wish to contribute in any further after the petty, unreasonable, power hungry, egotistical mods closed my threads for no reason whatsoever. Oh I'm sorry, this post probably looks horrid to you as well as it's only one paragraph...

There, is my post less horrid to look at now?

Stop getting overworked and calm down. If you see most threads, you'll see information in a neat and clean layout. A paragraph without a picture isn't clean. If you'd have put the basic info and then added most about his FM career and his real life careers. I use Ty's method of doing it. Way before he became a mod as it's clean, easy to read generally doesn't take long to create

Here is an example of one of mine.

Your thread isn't clean and is in a horrid layout. That's my opinion.

I posted in one of your threads saying if you give more information and post a screenshot, I will open them back up. I have no problem doing so. As of right now, they don't warrant being a player thread.

I posted in one of your threads saying if you give more information and post a screenshot, I will open them back up. I have no problem doing so. As of right now, they don't warrant being a player thread.

Fair enough. Then please tell me what more information I can give and how do you now expect me to post a screenshot (which I said I would do) when you have already jumped the gun by locking the thread? I just find this all a bit unnecessary to be honest when I'm sure you'll agree screenshots aside, the Damiao thread doesn't include as much information about the player as my two threads. All this "you must do this and must do that for a thread to be deemed acceptable" is over the top and like being back in school. People should be allowed to post what they want about any player and team in this forum (as long as they don't swear and abuse fellow users of course).

I just did a post in the St Etienne thread about Kurt Zouma. I have yet to get a reply and I probably won't get a reply for a while. This is my problem, I think there are so many users that want to talk about Kurt Zouma as he is a great young centre back and it would be interesting to get everyones thoughts on how he's developed throughout the game. But unfortunately, not many people will probably want to click on the St Etienne thread as it's not the first thing someone would think of when trying to discuss Kurt Zouma. Considering the amount of discussion that will be lost from the mods reluctance to allow individual player threads to be created, I think this forum is going to go downhill. Just my opinion.

Just space it out a little bit rather than a paragraph. Just say how much he can be bought for, his best positions etc, and include a screenshot or two. When ever you want do that, let me know and I will open the thread.

Considering the amount of discussion that will be lost from the mods reluctance to allow individual player threads to be created, I think this forum is going to go downhill. Just my opinion.

This is absolute nonsense. You seem to have taken this stance that we don't allow them which isn't the case. We encourage as many player threads as possible, we always have done.

What we don't encourage is player threads that don't really offer much to the forum. Most of the time, people who have created a player thread take the time to do it properly and it makes it better for everyone, having clear, informative player threads which everyone can enjoy - like what Nottingham Forest linked. Sure it doesn't have to be in perfect lay-out, it's not a contest who can make the prettiest player thread, but it is nice to have a screenshot and some information as some people may not know who the player is. It's been like this for a years now, not a sudden thing.

As you said, you're entitled to your opinion but this sub-forum isn't going downhill, everyone (mostly) gets along with everyone and the standard of threads over the years have become brilliant. Club threads and player threads are a joy to read, MrSundlofer has set the bar very high these days. So please, if you want to continue your threads, edit them and get a bit more in there, then me or SRL will be happy to re-open them as Zouma (my Portsmouth captain) and Iancu are brilliant players, and would be good to see a thread they deserve.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
This is absolute nonsense. You seem to have taken this stance that we don't allow them which isn't the case. We encourage as many player threads as possible, we always have done.

What we don't encourage is player threads that don't really offer much to the forum. Most of the time, people who have created a player thread take the time to do it properly and it makes it better for everyone, having clear, informative player threads which everyone can enjoy - like what Nottingham Forest linked. Sure it doesn't have to be in perfect lay-out, it's not a contest who can make the prettiest player thread, but it is nice to have a screenshot and some information as some people may not know who the player is. It's been like this for a years now, not a sudden thing.

As you said, you're entitled to your opinion but this sub-forum isn't going downhill, everyone (mostly) gets along with everyone and the standard of threads over the years have become brilliant. Club threads and player threads are a joy to read, MrSundlofer has set the bar very high these days. So please, if you want to continue your threads, edit them and get a bit more in there, then me or SRL will be happy to re-open them as Zouma (my Portsmouth captain) and Iancu are brilliant players, and would be good to see a thread they deserve.

Thanks.

I'm sorry but calling my opinion "absolute nonsense" is abusive and unreasonable behaviour. I now expect your fellow mods to treat you the same as you've treated me for having a differing opinion...and ban you!!

Excuuse me but I am confused that I cannot upload any screenshots in the thread. I tried the insert image button or jus copy n paste directly but they both failed. Can anyone help me with this stupid question?

The best way to do it is to take a screenshot from your save on FM. You will find our how to do that by reading here (II). Use an image hosting site such as photobucket, imageshack etc, upload the image (after cropping it in paint if you like) and then copy and paste the 'IMG Code' into the post box.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started a new save with FM14 NUFC. I managed to sell Williamson for £1.5m and bought Kyle Bartley as a replacement and sold Tiote for £9m and brought in Tom Ince for £3.9m. As he arrives next summer I spent £1.1 on Leon Osman from Everton as an interim. Also signed DR Cavanda. I also signed Simone Padoin on the wing and Mason Bennett. Currently trying to sell Marveaux, Obertan, Ameobi, Newton and Jonas to continue rebuilding.

Started well. I managed to beat Spurs, Man City and Liverpool in the league and after 13 games I'm top by 2 points with 30 points in total. I play a 4-2-3-1 with Krul, Santon, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini (S Taylor), Anita, Gosling (Osman) LW: Remy, Ben Arfa (RW) Sissoko AMC (10 goals in 11 games) and Cisse (De Jong) up front on his own. Great tactics, I spent ages going through best suited roles and shouts for each player for each position they play. I use a fluid control tactic exploiting the flanks and retaining possession. Counter if I'm struggling with a more direct route on the break if that does not appear to be working.

I'm doing a YouTube video series for this career so PM me and I'll send you the link to it.

Mal

I started a new save with FM14 NUFC. I managed to sell Williamson for £1.5m and bought Kyle Bartley as a replacement and sold Tiote for £9m and brought in Tom Ince for £3.9m. As he arrives next summer I spent £1.1 on Leon Osman from Everton as an interim. Also signed DR Cavanda. I also signed Simone Padoin on the wing and Mason Bennett. Currently trying to sell Marveaux, Obertan, Ameobi, Newton and Jonas to continue rebuilding.

Started well. I managed to beat Spurs, Man City and Liverpool in the league and after 13 games I'm top by 2 points with 30 points in total. I play a 4-2-3-1 with Krul, Santon, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini (S Taylor), Anita, Gosling (Osman) LW: Remy, Ben Arfa (RW) Sissoko AMC (10 goals in 11 games) and Cisse (De Jong) up front on his own. Great tactics, I spent ages going through best suited roles and shouts for each player for each position they play. I use a fluid control tactic exploiting the flanks and retaining possession. Counter if I'm struggling with a more direct route on the break if that does not appear to be working.

I'm doing a YouTube video series for this career so PM me and I'll send you the link to it.

Mal

wrong thread! post here mate: Newcastle Thread

• 6 years later...
On 16/10/2012 at 19:42, SRL88 said:

When talking about a player, whether it be in a team thread or a player thread, Do Not post CA or PA without using the spoiler tags.

How do I use spoiler tags?

• 1 year later...
On 18/10/2012 at 15:08, Cleon said:

Hi mate,

For a first post on these forums you're not doing yourself many favours are you :D

Anyway to answer your questions. Purefun used it once, I'm sure we all make mistakes from time to time. The odd one we let slide that's same for everyone. If not we'd be pretty petty to give infractions and warnings out everytime someone slipped up no?

We also have house rules too on this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/228943-Use-of-Text-Speak-on-the-Forumscpstest

What exactly did SRL88 let me get away with? He's not a mod and I don't think you've read the posts properly. Because if you did you would see it was a post with him messing about to the reply above., it wasn't meant as a serious one. After all the original post was;

Hence the none serious reply from SRL88.

We take your comments on board but maybe you need to take your time in reading all the posts in a thread before commenting when its clear you've misunderstood a few posts in the threads. That way, we don't get any confusion.

Welcome to the forums btw, hope you stick around :)

When a picture is available, it'll be opened again. Furthermore, you have one paragraph for each of your threads. Look at the other threads for more information.

Edited by LaimNoah

• 9 months later...

In the wake of reading so many detailed and meticulously constructed rules and guidelines, it can be disconcerting to read and experience exactly what you set out to prevent.The taste is bitter and lingers in the mouth for a long time.