Will making him tutor players now make him a better coach?

Will making one of my more experienced players tutor younger players now make him a better coach when he retires?

Miguel Veloso, 32 in my liverpool game, would like to be a coach when he retires, and in his 10 year career at Anfield I have used him consistently as a tutor of under-18s. Does this mean that all of the practise teaching people will make him a more effective coach than he would have been should I have not used him as a tutor?

Because he is a very versatile player I have used him to tutor many defenders (often successfully). I am running short of coaches and I was hoping that by practising him up by making him tutor so much he would become a coach for Liverpool.

Cheers.

P.S. 1: I'm on patch 8.0.2

P.S. 2: Hope that was understandable, and that it was a topic not previously mentioned!

Quality idea. Perhaps their could be a link between how fast the player turned coach develops and how good he becomes, to how much experience he gained whilst tutoring players.

Good Point ;)

Also, (not sure if this has already been brought up) will his PPM's (i.e. 'Dictate's Tempo' + 'Tries to play way out of trouble') wear off on the people he coaches? I think this is true: When I got Gerrard to tutor Lulinha, when the session finished, he had gained new PPM's such as 'Tries to play long balls' and 'Gets forward whenever possible', but this may be coincedence.

Good Point ;)

Also, (not sure if this has already been brought up) will his PPM's (i.e. 'Dictate's Tempo' + 'Tries to play way out of trouble') wear off on the people he coaches? I think this is true: When I got Gerrard to tutor Lulinha, when the session finished, he had gained new PPM's such as 'Tries to play long balls' and 'Gets forward whenever possible', but this may be coincedence.

Yes, tutoring gives you three options, one (or two) of which passes on PPMs. Check the numerous threads on tutoring for the details.

Great idea!

But their coaching stats are random I think. Sometimes you get great coaches out of players sometimes you dont. But stick with him, their stats sometimes increase greatly over just one season.

I don't think it works like that but it definately should. Great idea if it doesn't work that way.

Not exactly, but I do see the potential of a good idea here. Perhaps something along the lines of, If he's got the potential to be a good coach, when he does tutor players they see big changes, (pick up a fair few PPMs and Mental Traits) - but if the tutor is not cut out to be a coach, he makes little difference to the player.

I think this is a good idea, and also Nepen's deveopment on it.

I would also like to see players who are club captain for a long time develop better mentaly for management.

This can b reflected in which former players are now in management IRL, but I don't see much correlation in the game.

Archived