I'm Now A Guest!

I have been searching for the past 20/30mins for this answer but still cannot sort it! My apologies if there is a really obvious answer to this question but I have noticed other, more experienced posters have had this problem but the topic was closed before I had chance to post!

I think that I have registered with the same e-mail address as on the old forum (although I had changed it recently so I'm not entirely sure) but I am now a guest on this forum. How do I become not-a-guest basically? (sorry, do not know what I will become now its moved!)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, just so I know whether I'll need to re-register as I've changed my screen name and as stated above, I'm unsure about the e-mail but it did let me log in straight away on here with my normal password

I have created one and did log in with that. Just checked via SEGA website link to registering and it does have all my details so it is definitely my account. Its not a big problem on the post count history for me, etc, just wondering why it has set me to a guest instead of my usual status of amateur on the old forum?!?

Deleting cookies makes no difference, and I've got the same problem. My segapass used a different email to my forum which is fine as it just asked me for a new name. I've got access to user CP etc so no idea why I'm a guest :(

I'm pretty sure you had to use the same email for the Sega Pass and the forum. That would explain it.

That wouldn't be it, no, as registration on here is via sega pass, thus registering via sega pass creates a new account. As such, my old Seagulls Forever account is gone, I can live with that, but this is a fresh account and it should work. Sort it out SI :p

PLEASE! LISTEN! Just use the SAME email you had with your old account and register it the same for a sega pass. You will INSTANTLY have ALL your posts! If you register with the same email you will have everything the same! How do you think I had 473 posts in one day? I couldn't have written that many, look at people with thousands, its because they registered with the same email ;)

PLEASE! LISTEN! Just use the SAME email you had with your old account and register it the same for a sega pass. You will INSTANTLY have ALL your posts! If you register with the same email you will have everything the same! How do you think I had 473 posts in one day? I couldn't have written that many, look at people with thousands, its because they registered with the same email ;)

Its not that I have entered it with both my new email and old email just in case it was as you said and I am guest on both notice Mr.Smudge with and again without the dot in this thread!!!

I didnt even re-register, just entered all my old details in the sign in box and it got me in with my miniscule posts :)

Hmm I just gave this a go using a really really old email and it seems to have worked and got me into my old account. So basically we didnt need to register for sega pass as i haven't done that with this?

I thought many would have this problem, thats why I started the thread. I understand people saying, quite rightly, that you can log in with your old account. However, I do not want to do this as I am trying to discontinue my old e-mail address so wanted to use this one that I now have.

Like others, I was just wondering why I am a guest even though I have registered, is this the new 'title' given to people who are newly registered or is it due to something else? I don't think anyone has a definite answer to this yet, so if someone SI like Ter (who I have seen spends a lot of his time doing a good job on clearing up these little problems) could provide an answer as a note at the top of the boards, this will hopefully mean that people will not continue to make these threads so that there are loads of duplicates on the same topic.

Just a thought...:)

I thought many would have this problem, thats why I started the thread. I understand people saying, quite rightly, that you can log in with your old account. However, I do not want to do this as I am trying to discontinue my old e-mail address so wanted to use this one that I now have.

Like others, I was just wondering why I am a guest even though I have registered, is this the new 'title' given to people who are newly registered or is it due to something else? I don't think anyone has a definite answer to this yet, so if someone SI like Ter (who I have seen spends a lot of his time doing a good job on clearing up these little problems) could provide an answer as a note at the top of the boards, this will hopefully mean that people will not continue to make these threads so that there are loads of duplicates on the same topic.

Yeh that is a good point as though i can use this my old account it isn't registered to sega pass so i can't get into it to edit details. Like i said it has a really old email account which i never use and i dont seem to be able to change this.

I managed to change the email to this account through the profile so now i have my new email on my old account which is what I wanted. The email also works still with sega pass so im sorted. You can do this by logging into your old account and then goto user cp then email and password. There you can change the email. You may have to change your new email on the guest account to allow you to be able to input it on your old one this is obviously because you can't have two accounts with same email address.

That is what I was going to do as well and I think I did on the old forum but cannot remember to be honest, but I wanted a new account anyway because my old name was created many years ago I believe and was rubbish with loads of letters and numbers mixed in. Thats why I do not want the account, and I'm presuming that anyone who joins this forum as a newby will now be a guest?!? Thats all I am checking with SI to see if this is the case or whether I have not activated the account properly

I think I already had a SEGA account before but then it obviously was not connected to this forum. When I first logged in with my details, it asked me to create a screen name (which I have done and then logs me in every time with this).

I too would like a post count but I am wondering whether there has to be any way of activating the account that we may all be missing. Like I said above, would be good if this was posted by SI if possible on all the forum boards so that there will not be duplicates and there will be an easy answer for any new comers, as well as for the returning oldies

Here's how I see it. You need a SEGA Pass either way. If the email in your SEGA Pass matches the one you registered on the forums with before the move, you have your old profile. If your SEGA Pass email matches the one you've registered here since the move, you get a new profile, with a post count. Of course if you didn't have a SEGA Pass when they moved the profiles I don't know whether you'd get your old profile back.

I think I understand the last post! However, I think the people on here who have changed their e-mail addresses and screen names do not want their old profiles and understand that they will not get them back (as there is obviously no link and this is perfectly acceptable).

I think the only question is that why when we have registered as new users we are 'guests' with no post count? That, I believe, is what the main question is and was certainly mine when I started the thread.

I think you are right on your description of guest canvey!! That is what is puzzling me so much, do you know if there is a way to contact a mod or member of SI direct as I think this would save a lot of time in the long run. Many thanks by the way for taking time to try and help with this problem

You can contact the mods directly, the address is mods[at]sigames.com (ignore the bounceback message - that's Serpico's email, the others will get it). However, I don't think you need to. Try re-registering here with the email address you used to create your SEGA Pass.

I think I did re-register and thats what gave me this profile but only as a guest. I still log in every time I visit and thats what provides me with a screen name that it remembers, but still puts me as a guest

Came here, clicked on some link to get SEGA PASS to get to the forums.

filled some info, got an e-mail...

To activate your account and join the SEGA PASS community

click the confirmation link below:

Did that, got the confirmation page and then came here, chose my username and logged in.

I'm a guest.

Maybe guest does mean new users then (or old ones like myself who have created new profiles). That seems like as good a confirmation as any so far, may try and email a mod or SI tomorrow if there is not a definite answer and then I'll post any answer on here. Cheers to everyone who has tried to help

And now my status is amateur!!! :) Don't know how or why though, guess I will leave it at that otherwise I'm likely to 'break' it again.

Cheers to everyone who tried to help and I think that these new style forums have a better atmosphere, long may it continue...

Archived