For SI to warrant developing the WSL and other womens leagues, the interest would need to increase quite a lot. Until they(SI) are sure they will be able to make a decent amount of money for it, they probably won't include it.

Saying that, I would like the opportunity to play it.

I'm sure if there's enough demand for it, someone could create a database for it?

Only problem is that it would require removing everything from the men's game from the database so you don't get men playing in the women's league and vice versa. It really needs special code.

Only problem is that it would require removing everything from the men's game from the database so you don't get men playing in the women's league and vice versa. It really needs special code.

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant here but would it not be hypothetically possible to have a male/female flag for each player, which locks those players into their respective gender's leagues? Then you could run the leagues simultaneously, as part of the same game, but not risk players crossing between. Even so, I think it would be too much work for too little a demand and thus not worthwhile the development time.

Edit: my mistake, you were talking about a user-made database

Edit: my mistake, you were talking about a user-made database

Yep :)

Definitely possible for SI to do it, but it would be very hard for a user to do it. You could assign all the women an obscure nationality, ban the signing of any foreigners, and give all the women future transfers in the far future so they cannot move to a men's club, but obviously that is less than ideal.

Archived