Low gate receipts?

Just had a stadium increase and my attendance for my first home match was around 8000 people which broke my previous 5000 record and with it set a new high gate receipts of £45k...I thought to myself thats abit low aint it? £45000 divided by 8000 people = £5.625 per ticket for a first division Brazilian league match, surely this can't be right? I haven't sold any season tickets btw. I've searched a little on google for ticket prices in Brazil but couldn't find much, the lowest I may have found was about 40 euros which is about £50.

Is this really a realistic value for gate receipts? or am I not taking something into account?

Just had a look at the club information tab and it has the average ticket price there, turns out (at least in my game) that first division Brazilian teams are selling their tickets for £5-10 each clearly this is an inaccurate value.

In comparison league 1 Swindon town are selling their tickets for £21 each (in-game).

What team are you managing? Have you looked how much the other teams in that league have their tickets at sale for?

On my save Sao Paulo are the biggest club in the world reputation wise and their tickets are £11.40, Flamengo who are the 6th biggest team rep wise only sell tickets for £8.

You're forgetting that football fans in Britain allow clubs to rip them off at the gate.

You'll struggle to watch Conference South football for less than a Tenner, I've watched 1.Bundesliga matches for the same price that it would cost to watch Chelmsford City (excluding travel cost of course).

Wouldn't surprise me if £11 was right, these things are researched by people who live in Brazil.

You also didn't answer who you are managing if your club is low rep then ticket prices will be low.

The average ticket prices are low in real life, the clubs don't care that much about gate receipts, the stadiums are generally poor and outdated (that's changing with the 2014 WC) and Brazilians don't go to games often (average attendance in Brazil's top division is lower than MLS), so ticket prices can't be too high unless it's a big game like a Libertadores final, etc...

40 euros which is about £50.

I fear for the day when this is true £50 is about 63 euros!!!

but to answer you it sounds dodgy to me I'm in my 4th season with the Police Service Of Northern Ireland with a 1,000 seated stadium which usually sells 300 tickets and we get £10.10 per ticket

I fear for the day when this is true £50 is about 63 euros!!!

but to answer you it sounds dodgy to me I'm in my 4th season with the Police Service Of Northern Ireland with a 1,000 seated stadium which usually sells 300 tickets and we get £10.10 per ticket

Sorry you're right I misread the curren conversion rate.

21 quid for Swindon game:eek:

Yep, football tickets in England are very expensive.:) Just got back from Dynamo Kiev game in Ukrainian Premier League (on NSC Olimpiyskiy, where EURO 2012 final was held) - our season tickets cost 68 GBP (block in the very centre). Tickets cost 0.6 - 8.0 GBP. You can get VIP tickets for 15-20 GBP - food/drinks and leather seats included. It's the same or worse in the rest of Eastern Europe and I guess in most Latin American countries.

Brazilian tickets are not as high as european tickets but are higher than 5 pounds

Students pays half price

One of the worsts clubs in Serie A, Ponte Preta from my city, Campinas, sells terrace tickets for £12.56, seats are priced £31.4, special seats £37.68. Tickests for visitors priced at £12.56

One of the bests clubs in Serie A, Corinthians, from Sâo Paulo, sells terrace tickets for £9.42, seats for £21.98, special seats 31.4, VIP area £56.52

Another club from my city, Guarani, plays in Serie B, sells terrace tickets for £12.56

Also there are no season tickets

But prices can vary acording to region and its economic development, as "we have" Belgium and India in Brazil side by side

The game uses an average price though, but for example, the average ticket price of Corinthians last year was R$ 35, which is around 11 pounds.

And that was the highest average ticket price in Brazil last year.

The upper prices are obviously much higher, some special seats can reach more than R$ 200, but their impact on the average price is not so big.

As the article above mentions, the average ticket price in the Brazilian top division last year was around R$ 21 (around 6.6 pounds).

The ticket prices grew slightly this year (as they grow slightly every year) but the database is from February or so, so uses last year's data (as the 2012 edition of the Brasileirão had not started yet).

--

Regarding the average attendances, as mentioned, Brazil's average is lower than MLS:

Brazil's top division (2012): around 11.5k people per game

MLS (2012): around 19k people per game

So since people don't go to games, it's hard for the clubs to increase the ticket prices too much or the attendances will go down even more.

The game uses an average price though, but for example, the average ticket price of Corinthians last year was R$ 35, which is around 11 pounds.

And that was the highest average ticket price in Brazil last year.

The upper prices are obviously much higher, some special seats can reach more than R$ 200, but their impact on the average price is not so big.

As the article above mentions, the average ticket price in the Brazilian top division last year was around R$ 21 (around 6.6 pounds).

The ticket prices grew slightly this year (as they grow slightly every year) but the database is from February or so, so uses last year's data (as the 2012 edition of the Brasileirão had not started yet).

--

Regarding the average attendances, as mentioned, Brazil's average is lower than MLS:

Brazil's top division (2012): around 11.5k people per game

MLS (2012): around 19k people per game

So since people don't go to games, it's hard for the clubs to increase the ticket prices too much or the attendances will go down even more.

Great article with evidence I am astounded with how much we are ripped off in England. I take my hat off to you sir.:brock:

Kuchiki, you can't compare british purchasing power to brazilian purchasing power, even thought brazilian economy is growing we are still miles away from Europe in terms of income distribution and infraestructure

People won't go to stadiums because of price tickets, ineficient public transport, no parking lots, fear of robberys and thefts, fear of hooligans acts, etc... Also week matches are too late at evening to apease TV schedules

Kuchiki, you can't compare british purchasing power to brazilian purchasing power, even thought brazilian economy is growing we are still miles away from Europe in terms of income distribution and infraestructure

People won't go to stadiums because of price tickets, ineficient public transport, no parking lots, fear of robberys and thefts, fear of hooligans acts, etc... Also week matches are too late at evening to apease TV schedules

All true but English ticket prices are too high even compared to richer countries like Germany.

I think that has a lot to do with cultural/business mentality. In England football is clearly in business, far more than in Brazil, Germany or most other countries.

I've just bought my season ticket for Burgess Hill this season, our adult entrance price is £8, we have 21 home league games, my season ticket cost me only £85!

£8 is the average for Level 8 of the pyramid, Conference South/North seems to be around £12.

I used to go to Peterborough a few times a season and going in the main stand was £19 in the Championship a few years back

• 9 months later...
I've just bought my season ticket for Burgess Hill this season, our adult entrance price is £8, we have 21 home league games, my season ticket cost me only £85!

I pity you if you think that £85 for 21 games of level 8 football is not only acceptable, but cheap...I wouldn't pay that for anything other than 19 games of EPL football.

I pity you if you think that £85 for 21 games of level 8 football is not only acceptable, but cheap...I wouldn't pay that for anything other than 19 games of EPL football.

I pity you if you think 85 quid is anywhere near a realistic amount of money for 19 games of EPL football. Even in our Dutch 2nd tier you pay twice that amount for 17 games... -.-'

• 1 year later...

I just moved to Arsenal. Its 2031 and i was a very big success at real sociedad, got my wage budget down with good players to challenge for the titles. I used the youth to gold system and I got a stadium built after me. From that the gait receipts where about 4.0m on good games, but now that I'm at arsenal they get only about 4.5m a month. Im having real trouble with the finances. I'm trying to get my wage budget down but been struggling there too. Is there any way to get my gate receipts higher. Im still at the Emirates Stadium. it has about the same amount of seats as my stadium at real sociedad but a lower gate receipt.

£8 is the average for Level 8 of the pyramid, Conference South/North seems to be around £12.

I used to go to Peterborough a few times a season and going in the main stand was £19 in the Championship a few years back

My team (Bristol City) sell season tickets for U-19's at £52!

I would assume yours is an adult though? I hope so anyway!

If the topic starter thought that ticket sales are cheap in Brazil, go check how much to watch Shakhtar Donetsk.

Again it's down to factors, such as the economy and comparison of currency etc....

Archived