+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Trophy Collector V2 - Game Thread

Part-Timer

Default The Trophy Collector V2 - Game Thread

The Trophy Collector

As Everyone knows it’s the managers who grab a lot of the headlines for the success or failures of their teams. The successful managers are placed in the highest esteem with the media salivating over there every great purchase and never really focusing too much on the bad games, the unsuccessful managers however are ridiculed, with every bit of where they went wrong picked apart in detail.

This sign-up is to find out who will be successes and who will be failures, the winner will be deemed to be the manager with the most trophies, whether it be a champions league or a community shield trophy, a trophy is still a trophy, and whoever wins the most wins the praise.

Disclaimer
    1. I can only go with official leagues in FM12 so if you end up at a club outwith these and it doesn't give info on trophies I can't do anything about it
    2. I have done my best to make sure you will all stay managers, however if you do end up as a coach or assistant these trophies will not count.
    3. If your manager gets sacked and can't find another job and retires thats the end of him.
    4. I don't have FMRTE so I will not be able to move people back into management if the above two happen
    5. I will not be posting Screenshots of Attributes as I feel it adds to the mystery of who is the better manager

The Managers and Their Clubs and Their Predictions

England - npower Championship
    David Ginsberg - West Ham Utd - 1st
    Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent - Birmingham City - 2nd
    Sebastian Prost - Leeds Utd - 3rd
    Andy Stewart - Cardiff City - 4th
    Mugundhan Santhanam - Leicester City - 5th
    Steve Thomas - Southampton - 6th

Spain - Liga Adelante
    Gianpaolo Della Torre - Almeria - 1st
    Martyn James - Deportivo La Coruna - 2nd
    Paavo Arhinvuori - Hercules - 3rd
    Udi Levi - Celta - 4th
    Nick Adam - Valladolid - 5th

Italy - Serie B
    Secan Cali - Sampdoria - 1st
    Eighteen Rabbit - Torino - 2nd
    Whoopy Dee'e - Brescia - 3rd
    Carl Valentine - Bari - 4th
    Count Dracul - Reggina - 5th

Germany - Second Division
    Boom Boom Wilko - Eintract Frankfurt - 1st
    Luke Bond - St. Pauli - 2nd
    Thierry Le Tissier - VFL Bochum - 3rd
    Matt Flynn - Energie Cottbus - 4th
    Ben Goldsmith - MSV Duisburg - 5th

France - Ligue 2
    Ramon Ramirez - RC Lens - 1st
    Al Pards - AS Monaco - 2nd
    Lee Russell - FC Nantes - 3rd
    Jake Stothard - LEMANS FC - 4th
    Chris White - FC Metz - 5th

So Hopefully this will enhance the sign-up as I can report on rivalries within the leagues also

Part-Timer

Awesome - this sorts me out, although shortest odds surely have to be Secan Cali with Sampdoria

Part-Timer

Thats looks great with people in direct competition.

Amateur

Ze Germans !!

Semi Pro

Niceeeeee Monaco!!!!!!

Part-Timer

The holidayings much quicker too I'm just about to write the 1st update, with all the leagues running relatively at the same time there will be a january update and a july one every season with special exceptions if anyone becomes national coaches

Part-Timer

Sampdoria this time! Forza Blucerchiati!

Part-Timer

January 1st 2012 - Update

England – npower Championship
    David Ginsberg has started his managerial career in great fashion, half way through the season and West Ham are sitting 5 points clear at the top and 8 points clear of the playoffs so only a disaster would see them not getting promotion. Leeds Utd occupy their predicted slot of 3rd at the moment only 3 points away from automatic promotion. After a shaky start, Leicester City have managed to climb into the playoffs in 6th place. Althoough they are a mammoth 11 points behind the leaders. Southampton sit 10th but are only 3 points away from the playoffs. Birmingham City are 8 points behind the playoffs occupying the 14th spot. The surprise of the league has to be Cardiff City who currently sit 2nd from bottom and 2 points from safety. Amazingly Portsmouth with their 10 point deduction are above them.

Spain – Liga Adelante
    Nick Adam seems to have a magic touch in Spain, his Valladolid side are currently 7 points clear at the top of the table having only lost twice. Almeria, who sit in 3rd place are 8 points off the pace but look good for the playoffs with an 8 point cushion. Hercules who sit 7th currently occupy a playoff berth due to Barcelona ‘B’ sitting 4th. Depotivo are nipping at their heals though being only 1 point behind in 9th spot. A further point back in 14th is Celta but with what looks like a very interesting and open race for the playoffs any team could be there come the end of the season.

Italy – Serie B
    Sercan Cali’s early favourites Sampdoria are lying in 2nd only 2 points behind the leaders and looking ready to pounce after an early season blip. Torino, back in 6th spot, are already losing pace with leaders finding themselves 14 points off the pace. Bari who started the season with a 2 point deduction lie in 9th place, 15 points behind promotion. Reggina are sitting 13th looking at mid-table obscurity but only being 4 points above relegation they will need to be on their guard. Brescia’s early season prediction of 3rd is long gone and with only 3 points above the relegation zone the manager will need to motivate his team more.

Germany – Second Division

Boom Boom Wilko has had a decent start to life in the dugout, guiding Frankfurt to 2nd place, only 2 points behind the leaders. VFL Bochun are nipping at the leaders heels in 4th place, 4 points behind but have every chance. Cottbus and Duisberg are both 8 points behind the leader and 6 points behind the playoff spot, the later sitting 7th on goal difference the former in 8th. St. Pauli are the team in trouble sitting 2nd from bottom but they are only 1 point from safety.

France – Ligue 2

Al Pards’s Monaco are the highest placed team of our managers in France, sitting in 4th place 5 points behind the leaders. Early favourites RC Lens find themselves in mid-table in 9th and 10 points off the pace. Nantes are also another mid-table performer, they occupy the 12th place on 23 points placing them closer to relegation than promotion. Metz are struggling this season sitting 16th and only 2 points ahead of the relegation zone. LEMANS however are in that relegation zone and sit 2nd from bottom, they will need a big improvement to avoid the drop.

Manager Security
    All managers jobs are stable or better so no sackings on the cards yet

Amateur

Love it!!!!

Part-Timer

great update, vamos Almeria!

Semi Pro

Come on Pard's work a bit more magic aand take Monaco back to where they belong

Amateur

This sucks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    This sucks.
    This got a lol from me.

Amateur

i was 8 points clear in the first 1 now im 8 points behind lol at least i seem to have a decent team

Amateur

In the first game, my team was predicted to finish 14th and my manager guided them to 14th.
    This game my team was predicted to finish 3rd and we are currently 3rd. We win via mediocrity!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nastymiller View Post
    This got a lol from me.
    In the test I was in 5th... now im in relegation... how is this fair?

Part-Timer

Reasonably happy with Vfl Bochum

Youth Team
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.

I had a great save a few FM's back with Brescia, apparently my success isn't going to be replicated here though.

Amateur
    clinging to a rubber duck in the middle of a raging sea....

I felt my coffin move and I awake in a strange venue what is this place Reggina? Count Dracul is confused but not displeased to be in Italy. May his widom guide this team to eternal glory.
    Last edited by kieronbrown73; 26-07-2012 at 18:16. Reason: spelling

Amateur

New game new teams same division.
    Hercules are doing just and just OK. We should be fighting for direct promotion not for last playoff spot.

Part-Timer

I was hoping to do an end of season update today but as I'm off to the football tonight I won't have time so we'll have to wait til tomorrow to find out if anyone has been successful with a trophy in their 1st season in charge

Amateur

Hmm, while 9th isn't bad, clearly Bari needs to pick it up in the 2nd half.

Amateur

FML Cardiff

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by AndyEs View Post
    FML Cardiff
    maybe they're planning on helping you by winning League One?

Amateur

RC Lens: mid-table is for losers, lets pick up the pace!

Part-Timer

2011/12 - End of Season - Update

West Ham Utd have won the Championship at a canter, winning the league by an eye-popping 16 points, to give David Ginsburg his 1st trophy in his debut season. Leeds and Leicester faded away in the 2nd half of the season dropping out of the play-offs and finishing 10th and 11th. Southampton were 1 place behind them in 12th. Birmingham finished in 14th, where the last few games were playing for nothing as the play-offs were too far away and they were comfortably away from relegation. Unfortunately for Andy Stewart and Cardiff City they were relegated in 22nd position. A place they never climbed higher from for most of the season.

Spain – Liga Adelante
    Gianpaolo Della Torre overturned a 7 point gap to win the league, with Almeria by 4 points. A great debut to life in management. Deportivo finished in 2nd place and won promotion. Martyn James’s side amassing 50 points in the final 24 games. Valladolid 4th, Celta 5th and Hercules 6th all made the play-offs. But the latter 2 were put out in the semi-finals in close ties. Valladolid ,who were odds on to win the league at Christmas, were beaten 4-3 over 2 legs in the final.

Italy – Serie B
    Sampdoria got stronger as the season went on and Sercan Cali was celebrating by winning the league by a tasty looking 9 points. Bari finished 6th but were off the pace for promotion finishing 7 points below 3rd. Torino struggled losing 12 of the last 22 games to finish in a poor 13th place. Reggina were 1 place and 3 points behind them in 14th. Brescia finished 2nd last gaining only 14 points from a possible 66. Whoopy Dee’e will have to improve if he wants to win trophies.

Frankfurt had a couple of bad results that cost them vital points, Boom Boom Wilko’s team only finishing 3rd, 7 points behind the winners. Duisburg had a good 2nd half to the season but the damage was done early on and they could only finish 6th. Bochum finished 1 place further back in 7th their good early start wasted by losing 8 of the final 15 games. Cottbus stayed in 8th place during the remaining games, never gaing any real ground on their rivals. Luke Bond must’ve had some inspirational words after Christmas as he pulled St. Pauli from the relegation zone to a respectable 12th place. He’ll be hoping this form carries on to the next season.

France – Ligue 2
    Monaco and Al Pards kept pace with leaders during the seasons 2nd half but just couldn’t overtake them and finished in 4th, 4 points behind the winners and 2 points behind promotion. 1 points further back, RC Lens climbed the table to finish in 5th place and will be hoping they can improve next season. Nantes finished in 11th place, a position seen as failure by most of their fans. Metz were 1 place back climbing themselves well clear of the relegation zone. LEMANS had a very bad 2nd half, Jake Stothard's side holding up the rest of the league in last place. They only managed 19 points in the final 20 games of the season

Cups

No teams in any of the leagues progressed further than the quarter-finals of any cup competition so its not worth a big update on.

Manager Security
    All managers jobs are stable which surprises me with some teams being relegated. This may change as the new season starts

Code:
    Manager					| Trophies	| Runner-up	|
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    David Ginsberg				| 	1	| 	0	|
    Sercan Cali				| 	1	|	0	|
    Gianpaolo Della Torre			| 	1	|	0	|
    Boom Boom Wilko 			|	0	|	0	|
    Al Pards				|	0	|	0	|
    Ramon Ramirez				|	0	|	0	|
    Sebastian Prost 			|	0	|	0	|
    Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent	| 	0	|	0	|
    Whoopy Dee'e 				|	0	|	0	|
    Matt Flynn 				|	0	|	0	|
    Nick Adam 				|	0	|	0	|
    Paavo Arhinvuori 			|	0	|	0	|
    Eighteen Rabbit 			|	0	|	0	|
    Martyn James 				|	0	|	1	|
    Lee Russell 				|	0	|	0	|
    Chris White 				|	0	|	0	|
    Thierry Le Tissier 			|	0	|	0	|
    Steve Thomas 				|	0	|	0	|
    Luke Bond 				|	0	|	0	|
    Jake Stothard				| 	0	|	0	|
    Carl Valentine 				|	0	|	0	|
    Count Dracul				| 	0	|	0	|
    Udi Levi 				|	0	|	0	|
    Mugundhan Santhanam 			|	0	|	0	|
    Ben Goldsmith 				|	0	|	0	|
    Andy Stewart 				|	0	|	0	|
    Last edited by jimbowmanuk; 28-07-2012 at 16:25.

Part-Timer

Promotion to La Liga, awesome. Barcelona here we come.

Part-Timer

Championes! Awesome stuff, congrats Marty as well, looking forward to challenging you (and maybe Barca and Real) for honours next year!

Part-Timer

Get in! Champions of Serie B and the only one to get promoted! Here's hoping Cali will lead i Blucerchiati to a safe spot away from relegation in Serie A!

Amateur

It is a shame we had such a poor second half of the season, perhaps it is for the best Leeds have another crack at it with Seb Prost. A real crack at the title should be on the cards now.

Semi Pro

pretty happy where we finished and be able to be stronger for ligue 1 after next season

Amateur

Well, 6th is respectable, next year no 2 point deduction which will hopefully be the key difference & enable us to go up.

Having said that, having to improve a minimum of 5 points says we need to bring in a player or two and hopefully Carl knows what needs doing!

Amateur

14th up to 5th in the second half of the season, I think Udi Levi can be satisfied now he's found his feet a little. Promotion push next season please!

Amateur

RC Lens seems to have reacted to my taunts and made an honorable run on the second half of the season, ending up 3 points away from promotion. Next season we'll get it!

Jimbowmanuk could you post a screenshot of the individual player stats for each league? it would be cool to look at those.
    Last edited by Manku; 29-07-2012 at 04:31.

Amateur

Hopefully some good pre-season siginings should see the lads go up this coming season.

Amateur

Not a bad first season I am happy that I do not have to get too angry

Part-Timer

The Managers and Their Clubs and Their Predictions - 2012/13

England - Premiership
    David Ginsberg - West Ham Utd - 16th

Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent - Birmingham City - 10th
    Sebastian Prost - Leeds Utd - 4th
    Mugundhan Santhanam - Leicester City - 9th
    Steve Thomas - Southampton - 11th

England - League 1

Andy Stewart - Cardiff City - 3rd

Spain - La Liga
    Gianpaolo Della Torre - Almeria - 18th
    Martyn James - Deportivo La Coruna - 19th

Spain - Liga Adelante
    Paavo Arhinvuori - Hercules - 1st
    Udi Levi - Celta - 3rd
    Nick Adam - Valladolid - 2nd

Italy - Serie A
    Secan Cali - Sampdoria - 16th

Italy - Serie B
    Eighteen Rabbit - Torino - 2nd
    Carl Valentine - Bari - 1st
    Count Dracul - Reggina - 9th

Italy - Serie C
    Whoopy Dee'e - Brescia - N/A

Due to lack of concentration forgot to change the league down to Serie C

Boom Boom Wilko - Eintract Frankfurt - 2nd
    Luke Bond - St. Pauli - 9th
    Thierry Le Tissier - VFL Bochum - 4th
    Matt Flynn - Energie Cottbus - 7th
    Ben Goldsmith - MSV Duisburg - 3rd

France - Ligue 2
    Ramon Ramirez - RC Lens - 1st
    Al Pards - AS Monaco - 2nd
    Lee Russell - FC Nantes - 4th
    Chris White - FC Metz - 8th

France - National
    Jake Stothard - LEMANS FC - 1st

Last edited by jimbowmanuk; 30-07-2012 at 19:03.

Amateur

Whey! Winning the league after losing the last one ;D

EDIT: Oops only predictions!

West ham to win the prem? Hmm... something wrong here...
    Last edited by stothy; 30-07-2012 at 16:33.

Amateur

Winning the Premiership after winning the Championship, wow am I good.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    Whey! Winning the league after losing the last one ;D

EDIT: Oops only predictions!

West ham to win the prem? Hmm... something wrong here...
    Quote Originally Posted by David Corperial View Post
    Winning the Premiership after winning the Championship, wow am I good.
    I have changed it must've missed that one, they are predicted to finish 16th

I hope Luke Bond can carry on his good work at St. Pauli.

Amateur

Still with Birmingham, without being fired... good enough for me now.

Amateur

Gonna win the league this time round - you just watch !!! Bring it on.

Amateur

Uh oh, predicted to finish first, why am I worried about the kiss of death.

Amateur

I was predicted 4th in the Championship n got relegated so being predicted 3rd is doing nothing for my confidence lol

Part-Timer

Season 2012/13 - January 1st - Update

England – Premiership
    West Ham’s return to the top has been encouraging, half way through the season and they sit in 14th place. They beat Arsenal 3-1 at the Emirates too. Although they were knocked out of the League cup by League 2’s Shrewsbury

Southampton are looking good this year, currently sitting 3rd in the league 1 point behind the leader but with a game in hand, promotion could be on the cards come May. Birmingham are a team struggling to get consistency, lying in 16th place on 31 points, 11 away from the play-offs. 1 place behind them and 5 points adrift are Leicester City who are only 3 points above the relegation zone. 4th place predicted Leeds are really in trouble, with only 4 wins so far they sit rock bottom of the league.

England – League 1
    Cardiff currently occupy the last play-off place of 6th, 11 points behind the leader and only 1 point ahead of the chasing pack

Spain - La Liga

Almeria have started the top flight well, sitting in 11th place and only a few points from European qualification, they earned a credible 1-1 draw at home to Barcelona. Deportivo sit 2 places back in a respectable 13th, 7 points ahead of relegation so they have so far played above predictions

Spain – Liga Adelante

Valladolid are the highest placed of our managers, currently lying in 7th place although they share the same points as the 2 teams above them, head to head results must count as they have the better goal difference. Celta sit a further 2 places back but only 1 point from the play-offs, they are however 8 points behind the leaders. The expectation of the media seems to have a negative effect on Hercules predicted to win the league they are at the opposite end of the table in last place. With only 3 wins they are 4 points from safety

Italy – Serie A
    A great 1st season back in the big time for Sampdoria, although they are 10 points behind the leader they sit in 8th place 1 point away from Europe. Starting the season unbeaten in the 1st 10 games including draws against AC Milan and Juventus, they also beat Inter 2-1.

Italy – Serie B
    Torino are looking in a good position at the moment, lying 3rd place and only 3 points behind the leader. They are currently the leagues top scorers with 35 goals and have the 4th best defencive record. Bari sit in 6th place, 8 points behind top spot and 5 points behind promotion. Reggina are struggling again this season. Sitting 4 points above the relegation zone in 18th, clearly the managers threats of draining their blood has not motivated the players.

Italy – Serie C
    As this league wont come into play until the end of the season I cannot report on placings, however I can say that Brescia are in the Final of the Serie C1 Supercup so a trophy may be on its way

Germany does not seem to be too kind to our managers, Frankfurt are sitting in 4th place 13 points behind the leaders and 11 behind automatic promotion, 2 places back in 6th are Duisburg on 29 points. The same tally shared by Bochum, who have a worse goal difference. 1 place back and 4 points away is Energie Cottbus. St. Pauli are lying in 13th with 23 points. With the relegation zone sitting at 16 points all 5 teams look to be safe but none look to be moving up this season.

France – Ligue 2
    Nantes have started well this season propeeling themselves to 3rd place at the half-way stage only 1 point behind the top. Monaco are sitting in 5th place and a couple of big wins could see them promoted as they are only 3 points away from the leader. Metz position of 9th could easily change as they sit on 29 points, 1 point behind them is RC Lens on 28, sitting in 11th. So with only 6 points separating the top 12 sides this is a very open ligue that will go right down to the wire.

France – National
    LEMANS are currently lying 7th, but with them only being 3 points from the top of the league this is a good chance to bounce straight back up.

Manager Security
    All managers jobs are stable or better although I can see this changing as the season goes on if results don’t improve for some

Semi Pro

could you post info about transfers and which managerhas spent the most money
    come on Pards pull your finger out will you

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    could you post info about transfers and which managerhas spent the most money
    come on Pards pull your finger out will you
    Yeah I'll do that after the end of season update

Part-Timer

great work Della Torre, Almeria in 11th is class

Amateur

Much better results for Torino this season, nice.

Part-Timer

Serie A is pretty tight, wow! 4 points off from 3rd, 4 points clear of 15th! I have to sustain the difference with the bottom sides, come on!

Amateur

What on earth is happening at Leeds. This time last year we were fighting for Promotion and since then the form has been woeful!

Amateur

Those pesky Germans!!!! Wonder if any of us will ever get out of this league - need one hell of a run to do it this season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by 18Rabbit View Post
    Much better results for Torino this season, nice.
    Only 5 points back, I'm coming for you! :P

Amateur

If I dont get promoted surely i'll be saying bye to Cardiff

Amateur

Actually the job security is a bug. If you use the editor to place managers in teams they won't really ever get fired. However the managers will leave teams to join other clubs as normal and once they do they get hired and fired as normal.

Part-Timer

Deportivo look good to stay up. Got their eye on Almeria as well no doubt.

Amateur

Lol! From predicated 1st to actual last position! Go Paavo! Get yourself sacked at job on decent club (to ruin them)

Part-Timer

Should have an update this afternoon, I've got a bit sidetracked with the olympics but should have free time later to type it up.

Part-Timer

2012/13 – End of Season – Update

English Premiership
    English Championship
    English League 1
    Spain La Liga
    Spain Liga Adelante
    Italy Serie A
    Italy Serie B
    Italy Serie C
    German Second Division
    French Ligue 2
    French National

Boom Boom Wilko

Frankfurt are becoming the nearly men of Germany, as they finished 4th in the league, 2 points behind promotion. Losing the last game of the season to cost them. Knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup by Leverkusen, 3-0.

Al Pards
    A second half slump saw Monaco only finishing in 11th place, this was mainly due to the high number of draws in matches that could’ve been won. Knocked out of the FA Cup in the 9th round by Beauvais of the National ligue 4-0

Ramon Ramirez
    Mid-table finish for RC Lens, they finished in 9th place a massive 23 points behind the leaders. Narrowly beaten by Dijon in the FA Cup quarter-final, losing 1-0 in extra-time.

Sebastian Prost
    Whatever inspirational words were used seem to have worked, Leeds Utd dragged themselves off bottom spot to survive relegation in 20th place. The FA Cup journey didn’t last long as they were knocked out in the 3rd round by Bolton

David Ginsberg
    In West Ham’s 1st season back in the top flight they finished a very respectable 12th place, in the FA Cup they reached the semi-final beating Chelsea 3-0 at the Bridge before losing to Stoke.

Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent
    Birmingham’s season was effectively over by Christmas, safe from relegation and slim hopes of promotion. They finished in 17th place. Blackburn knocked them out of the FA Cup in the 4th round 2-1.

Sercan Cali
    In their 1st season back in the big time, Sampdoria finished a good looking 12th place, only 7 points away from European football. After qualifying for the 1st round proper, they were dumped out of the Cup by Juventus 4-0

Whoopy Dee'e
    Brescia are celebrating a double this season, they won the Serie C1/A then followed it up with victory in the Serie C Super Cup. Grosseto put paid to other Cup chances though beating them 3-1 in the 3rd qualifying round

Matt Flynn
    A 5th place finish this season for Cottbus although they were a bit off the pace with the leaders, Wehen ended Cup hopes in the 1st round beating them 1-0

Nick Adam
    After last seasons close season Valladolid ended in a slighty disappointing 11th place. They did progress to the 5th round of the Cup but were beaten 4-2 on agg by Levante

Gianpaolo Della Torre
    A great 1st half to the season was soured by Almeria only picking up 5 points from the last 21 games to finish bottom and get relegated back down. One highlight was reaching the Cup quarter-final where Sevilla went through on away goals after a 2-2 agg match.

Paavo Arhinvuori
    Hercules had a big task of trying to avoid relegation, and it was so close to survival but they were relegated in 19th place. Finishing on the same points and goal difference as Tenerife it came down to who scored more and they scored 4 less. The cup was a disappointment too losing 1-0 to Gimnastic in the 2nd round.

Eighteen Rabbit
    Torino finished Serie B in 4th place, 10 points behind the winner. But they managed to get promoted via the play-offs beating Lecce 2-0 on agg in the Final. Padova put them out in the 3rd qualifying round of the cup, 2-1.

Martyn James

Deportivo finished a respectable 15th place in La Liga in their 1st season back and look like they could get stronger. Mallorca ended their cup dreams in the semi-finals beating them 4-1 on agg

Lee Russell
    Nantes only dropped 14 points in the second half of the season to win Ligue 2 by 3 points. They were knocked out by non-league opposition, in the 7th round of the Cup, on penalties after a 3-3 draw

Chris White

Metz finished in an encouraging 4th place but were 5 points behind promotion. Victims to non-league opposition in the 8th round of the Cup where they were beaten 3-0.

Thierry Le Tissier
    A mid-table finish for Bochum, where they ended the season on 8th place on 50 points. 1860 Munich ended any cup hopes in a close game beating them 3-2

Steve Thomas
    Southampton got themselves into the play-offs in 6th place, and although they won 2-1 at Ewood Park, Blackburn’s 3-0 victory at St Mary’s had all but ended the contest. Charlton beat them in a replay in the 3rd round of the FA Cup after them teams had drawn the 1st match

Luke Bond
    St. Pauli only picked up 6 points from the final 15 games to finish in 17th place and that brings with it relegation to the 3rd Division. Cup hopes didn’t last too long either with Hannover beating them 4-0 in the 2nd round

Jake Stothard
    LEMANS improved greatly in the 2nd half of the season to win the French National by 2 points. Jumping straight back up after last seasons disappointment. Defeat to Mulhouse in the 8th round of the FA Cup. But promotion was more important to this manager

Carl Valentine
    Bari finished the season in 5th place and went into the play-offs, but a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Torino in the 1st leg of the semi-final had all but ended the tie. Followed up by a 2-1 defeat and they weren’t getting promoted this season beaten 4-1 on agg. They made it all the way to the 1st round proper of the Cup but Napoli were too strong beating them 2-0

Count Dracul

Reggina struggled this season and only avoided relegation by the narrowest of margins, their goal difference of -4 was 7 better than Taranto who finished on the same points. Sampdoria knocked them out of the cup in the 4th qualifying round 3-1.

Udi Levi
    Celta managed to get themselves into the play-offs in 4th place, after despatching of Xeres in the Semi-final 2-1 on agg it wasn’t as close in the Final against Girona where they won 3-0 on agg and gained promotion to Spain’s top table. Valladolid put them out of the Cup in the 2nd round on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

Mugundhan Santhanam
    Leicester City improved in the 2nd half to climb themselves up to 11th place, but results will need to improve if they don’t want to be labelled a mid-table team. Knocked out in the 5th round of the Cup 2-0 to Sunderland, but in the previous round they knocked out Man Utd beating them 1-0 at Old Trafford

Ben Goldsmith
    Duisburg finished in mid-table only reaching 9th place so another season in the Second Division for them. In a close match against Leverkusen in the 4th round of the cup they were on the wrong end of a 5 goal thriller losing 3-2

Andy Stewart
    Cardiff City could not claw back Sheffield Wednesday and finished runners-up by 4 points, this wasn’t too bad as their dream of promotion became a reality. Cardiff managed to reach the final of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy but lost 2-1 in extra-time to Notts County

Code:
    Manager					| Trophies	| Runner-up	|
    Whoopy Dee'e 				|	2	|	0	|
    Andy Stewart 				|	1	|	1	|
    David Ginsberg 				|	1	|	0	|
    Sercan Cali 				|	1	|	0	|
    Gianpaolo Della Torre 			|	1	|	0	|
    Lee Russell 				|	1	|	0	|
    Jake Stothard 				|	1	|	0	|
    Martyn James 				|	0	|	1	|
    Boom Boom Wilko 			|	0	|	0	|
    Al Pards				|	0	|	0	|
    Ramon Ramirez				|	0	|	0	|
    Sebastian Prost 			|	0	|	0	|
    Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent 	|	0	|	0	|
    Matt Flynn 				|	0	|	0	|
    Nick Adam 				|	0	|	0	|
    Paavo Arhinvuori 			|	0	|	0	|
    Eighteen Rabbit 			|	0	|	0	|
    Chris White 				|	0	|	0	|
    Thierry Le Tissier 			|	0	|	0	|	
    Steve Thomas 				|	0	|	0	|
    Luke Bond 				|	0	|	0	|
    Carl Valentine 				|	0	|	0	|
    Last edited by jimbowmanuk; 04-08-2012 at 16:35.

Amateur

Thanks god!

Part-Timer

Yeah! Staying in La Liga with Deportivo and even made a transfer profit, very good. Unlucky for Almeria though.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by marty78 View Post
    Yeah! Staying in La Liga with Deportivo and even made a transfer profit, very good. Unlucky for Almeria though.
    Its unlucky if you lose by a point or 2 but only gaining 5 from a possible 63 is a catastrophe

Semi Pro

Al pards had an awful year maybe heading to the dole office

Part-Timer

Looking good for the 1st season back in Serie A. Now, we should improve and push for a EURO spot!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowmanuk View Post
    Its unlucky if you lose by a point or 2 but only gaining 5 from a possible 63 is a catastrophe
    Agreed, however I'm sure it's all part of the master plan to win the Liga Adelante every two seasons

Part-Timer

Ha ha, I meant because they were doing well after the previous update.

Amateur

thank god for that, this time will be better in the championship

Youth Team

Awesome! Relegation followed by a double. Talk about a change of fortune. Did we manage to hold on to most of the players when we were relegated last season?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    Awesome! Relegation followed by a double. Talk about a change of fortune. Did we manage to hold on to most of the players when we were relegated last season?
    It would appear that most players left last season, but transfers for the new season were made early and 6 players came in on the 30th june for a total of £4.7 million

Amateur

Oooh, a promotion, well done Udi Levi. If only you were listen in the managers table so I could see it...

Amateur

No trophies but we scraped a promotion to Serie A. Not sure if that'll be a good thing or not (probably not) but at least crazy play can work there.

Youth Team

It would appear that most players left last season, but transfers for the new season were made early and 6 players came in on the 30th june for a total of £4.7 million
    Thanks for that, seems we've got money to burn

Part-Timer

Bochum have been pretty average so far...

Amateur

Nice move Paavo! Sell your star player and get relegated.

Amateur

Bah, marginal improvement in points & goal differential. Need to improve goals against while scoring the same, come on guys!

Part-Timer

The Managers and Their Clubs and Their Predictions - 2013/14

England - Premiership
    David Ginsberg - West Ham Utd - 9th

Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent - Birmingham City - 16th
    Sebastian Prost - Leeds Utd - 17th
    Mugundhan Santhanam - Leicester City - 10th
    Steve Thomas - Southampton - 3rd

Andy Stewart - Cardiff City - 21st

Spain - La Liga
    Martyn James - Deportivo La Coruna - 11th
    Udi Levi - Celta - 18th

Spain - Liga Adelante

Gianpaolo Della Torre - Almeria - 1st
    Nick Adam - Valladolid - 5th

Spain - Seconda B3
    Paavo Arhinvuori - Hercules - 1st

Italy - Serie A
    Secan Cali - Sampdoria - 11th
    Eighteen Rabbit - Torino - 18th

Italy - Serie B
    Carl Valentine - Bari - 2nd
    Count Dracul - Reggina - 12th

Whoopy Dee'e - Brescia - 10th

Boom Boom Wilko - Eintract Frankfurt - 1st
    Thierry Le Tissier - VFL Bochum - 4th
    Matt Flynn - Energie Cottbus - 2nd
    Ben Goldsmith - MSV Duisburg - 5th

Germany - Third Division
    Luke Bond - St. Pauli - 1st

France - Ligue 1
    Lee Russell - FC Nantes - 13th

France - Ligue 2
    Ramon Ramirez - RC Lens - 2nd
    Al Pards - AS Monaco - 6th
    Jake Stothard - LEMANS FC - 12th
    Chris White - FC Metz - 3rd

Amateur

Again Hercules is predicted number 1. Which isn't big suprise. I just hope that this time it doesn't end with relegation.

Amateur

Come on Bari, live up to your reputation & get that promotion!

Part-Timer

Season 2013/14 - January 1st - Update

England – Premiership

West Ham have perhaps not played as well this season, sitting in 16th place in the league, the one comfort being that they are 7 points above the drop zone

Southampton currently sit on 4th place in the league, they are comfortably in the play-off places but are 4 points away from automatic promotion. Leeds are only 1 point and 1 place away from the play-offs in 7th position but looking better than in previous seasons. Leicester City are really playing up to the mid-table team status lying in 11th place and 8 points behind the play-offs. Cardiff City’s 1st season back in the championship has them in a bit of a struggle, sitting in 20th they are only 2 points ahead of relegation. Birmingham on the otherhand are 2 points from safety sitting in 22nd with 21 points

Spain - La Liga

Deportivo are looking to keep their top league status and lie in 16th position, 4 points ahead of the relegation zone. The same however can’t be said of Celta who prop up the rest of the division in last place with only 9 points gained so far this season

Spain – Liga Adelante

Almeria’s hopes of being promoted straight back up are looking precarious. They sit in 7th place, 6 points behind the leaders so their best hope is sneaking into the play-offs. Valladolid have not had the best of starts to the season. They are lying in 17th place and are 4 points ahead of the relegation zone

Spain – Seconda B3
    Hercules are well placed to come back up this season, they are currently lying in 2nd place and are only 3 points behind the leaders, so they will be looking for a strong push in the second half.

Italy – Serie A

Sampdoria are getting the moniker of draw specialists, with 16 games played so far, they have drawn 8 of them and this is perhaps why they sit in 14th place with 17 points. Torino’s return to the top looks brief as they have only picked up 8 points this season and sit dead last of the division

Italy – Serie B
    Bari are sitting in 4th place at the moment but are 7 points behind the leading pair at the top, Brescia have returned to this division looking stronger. They currently lie in 7th place on 32 points. Two places back but only 1 point behind are Reggina who seemed to have improved from last seasons near miss at relegation.

Nothing is guaranteed in football and barring a major collapse in the second half, Cottbus are looking very good for winning the league. They are top with a 9 point lead on their nearest rivals. Frankfurt are sitting in 3rd place and only 2 points behid automatic promotion. Duisberg are only 1 point behind and lie in 5th place. Bochum have had an average start to the season. They sit in 12th position but have a 6 point cushion from the relegation zone.

Germany – Third Division
    St. Pauli are top of the division with a 2 point lead, they have drawn 7 games this season and if half of those had been victories they would be in a much more comfortable position.

France – Ligue 1
    Nantes’ return to France’s top table has been a decent one so far. They occupy 13th position in the league but in a tight division they are one of 7 teams only inside 3 points of relegation.

France – Ligue 2
    RC Lens are finally playing up to the media’s predictions, they sit in top spot with a tasty looking 8 point gap from the 2nd placed team. LEMANS look good for a team that was just promoted, they are in 6th place, but are 4 points away from the promotion places. Monaco are losing pace on the leaders and sit on 28 points in 7th place. Metz have had a bad start to the season they are 2 points away from safety in 18th place.

Part-Timer

Come on Sampdoria, you should win at least half of those draws!

Amateur

We needed that relegation come on Le Mans!

Part-Timer

Just 4 points above the drop zone in La Liga doesn't look good for Deportivo.

Youth Team

Glad to see we're putting up a better showing now we're back in Serie B.

Amateur

awesome we seem to be doing it this season up the cottbus

Amateur

Blah, in 4th, but it seems a bit of luck, once again Bari's defensive record is simply not good enough. While 4th isn't bad, insanely enough only 3 points ahead of 10th.

Amateur

RC Lens is finally playing the way they should. A solid defense and killer counter, will keep them top of the league and help be best offense and defense in the league.

Amateur

as long as I dont get relegated again! I'll be happy

Amateur

Jimbowmanuk could you also post screenshots of each league's stats, both club and individual? It would be cool to see who the best scorers are and how many red cards the most undisciplined team has.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Manku View Post
    Jimbowmanuk could you also post screenshots of each league's stats, both club and individual? It would be cool to see who the best scorers are and how many red cards the most undisciplined team has.
    Yeah I'll do those pages at the end of the season update

Part-Timer

Season 2013/14 - End of Season - Update

England – Round-up

West Ham Utd survived the dreaded drop by only 1 point, finishing in 17th place and retaining Premier league status. Work needs to be done to improve for next season. Southampton will join them next season in England’s top table, after finishing in 6th place in the Championship they thrashed Aston Villa in the semi-finals of the play-offs 4-1 on agg before relying on penalties after a 2-2 draw with Huddersfield in the final. Leicester City could only manage to finish in 9th place, 4 points off the play-offs. Leeds Utd were 2 points and 2 places further back. Cardiff City in their 1st season back in the division manged a respectable 15th place with 55 points. Birmingham City managed to climb out of the relegation zone but only just finishing in 21st, 2 points above the relegation zone. In the FA Cup only West Ham and Southampton made it through to the 4th round, the former reaching the quarter-finals but the latter being dumped out in the 4th round. The League Cup didn’t bring much joy for the clubs either, with Leeds advancing the furthest to the quarter-finals where they were beaten 1-0 by Chelsea
    Premiership - Team Stats - Player Stats
    Championship - Team Stats - Player Stats

Spain – Round-up
    Depotivo put up a brave fight in La Liga but they couldn’t get a good run of results and missed survival by 1 point, finishing in 18th place. Celta were poor again in the 2nd half of the season only picking up 8 points and they are relegated back to Liga Adelante. Almeria were hoping to be one of the teams to replace them, and with finishing 5th they reached the play-offs. They negotiated Zaragoza 4-3 on agg in the semi-final but couldn’t get past Las Palmas in the final losing 2-0 on agg. Valladolid have had a poor season and could only finish in 16th position. They were 11 points above relegation. Hercules hopes of returning to the 2nd tier of Spanish football were dashed in the play-offs. After finishing 2nd in the league, they entered the play-offs and won 3-2 on agg against Puertollano, before going through on away goals after a 4-4 agg draw with Recreativo. So with one team left to play they beat Logrones 3-2 in the 1st leg but unfortunately were beaten 3-1 in the 2nd leg, so promotion will have to wait for another season. The Spanish cup produced no real surprises and Deportivo advanced the furthest by reaching the quarter-finals but a 5-1 agg thrashing by Espanyol ended and hopes. Hercules could only manage to reach the 2nd round of the Federation Cup, but will hope to do better next season.
    La Liga - Team Stats - Player Stats
    Liga Adelante - Team Stats - Player Stats
    Seconda B3 - Team Stats - Player Stats

Italy – Round-up

Sampdoria had another solid season in Serie A finishing in 10th place, they need to improve to close the gap on European football though. Torino, however, found the division to strong to compete in and will be going back down to Serie B after finishing 2nd last. Brescia had the best chance of replacing them in the top tier but after finishing 5th and entering the play-offs, they were beaten 2-1 on agg by Empoli in the semi-final. Reggina had a better season this year and finished in 7th place, but they still need to improve to challenge for promotion. Bari had a disappointing season from the fans perspective, finishing in only 10th place. Bari did manage to reach the quarter-finals of the Italian Cup, the furthest advanced team of any of our managers, they were beaten 1-0 by finalists Bologna.
    Serie A - Team Stats - Player Stats
    Serie B - Team Stats - Player Stats

Germany – Round-up
    Cottbus’ march on the title stayed on course throughout the second half of the season, and although the lead was cut to 4 points they won easily and will enter the Top league next season. Frankfurt, the nearly men of german football, again finished in 4th place and missed out on promotion. Duisburg finished an admirable 5th but will be disappointed not have put up more of a challenge. Bochum had a poor season and could only finish in 13th place but they were well clear of relegation. St. Pauli have managed to bounce straight back up, by winning the third division with relative ease. With an 8 point gap at the top they never looked like losing the league. Cottbus were attempting to go for the double in the Cup but were knocked out in the quarter-finals by runners-up Freiburg.
    Second Division
    Third Division

France – Round-up
    Nantes stay in Ligue 1 has been a short one , they have finished 2nd from bottom and find themselves parachuted back to Ligue 2. RC Lens will be one of the teams replacing them in the division next season, after they won Ligue 2 in style. Finishing with a 15 point gap at the top. Monaco again missed out by only managing a 5th place finish. LEMANS had a steady 1st season back in the division by finishing 11th. Metz, who finished 4th last season, were the worst team this year. Propping up the rest of the league in last place. Nantes are something of a cup team this season. They managed to win the League Cup, beating Lyon in the final. Also they reached the semi-finals of the French Cup where they were narrowly beaten 3-2 by the non-league winners.
    Ligue 1
    Ligue 2

For some resoan there are no team or player stat record for France and Germany, if anyone has those leagues loaded in a game maybe they could check if they appear on theirs
    Last edited by jimbowmanuk; 15-08-2012 at 20:56.

Part-Timer

Good to get a hold in Serie A mid table. We should now either push for a cup final, or a EURO spot to boost the reputation & improve.

Part-Timer

Ugh, promoted only by the skin of our teeth.

Pity we're not managing in Scotland, where you have to win the league (and thus a trophy).

Amateur

Relegated does at least give Udi Levi a chance at a title when Celta bounce straight back up as champions. Or he'll get sacked by October...

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by vurogj View Post
    Relegated does at least give Udi Levi a chance at a title when Celta bounce straight back up as champions. Or he'll get sacked by October...
    He may be changing job, he's favourite for the Israel job

Amateur

After being away for a short while it would seem some fresh blood is required, I must get a trophy soon!

Amateur

Sigh, Bari is perpetually underperforming. I'm a little dissapointed, regressing in a big way from last year, need large improvements if we want to win promotion.

Amateur

nice 1st league title for matt flynn and cottbus hopefully stay up and get building a sick team

Semi Pro

Freck freck :mad:i swear i hate france

Amateur

Frankfurt - sigh!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast