Selling players to other human managers

I know the issues with getting AI teams to buy your players are well documented, but this is a slightly different issue.

I am in season 4 of a network game. I own a player that my co-human manager would like to buy.

The player has both my friend, and my friend's club listed under 'favourites'. My friend's club is of a higher reputation than my own.

I have twice accepted an offer for the player, but both times the player has refused to even discuss terms with the other human controlled-club.

My hunch is there is some 'anti-cheat' bias built in to the game, to prevent players creating other human players just to buy their unwanted players at high prices; previously a similar thing occurred, and the player would only discuss terms on the third occasion when AI teams had also had bids accepted.

Can humans easily buy/sell players between themselves?

Nothing to prevent obviously. But is there a bias against it?

I'm Portsmouth, he's Aston Villa. Villa have a far higher rep, are playing in Europe, and the player has both Villa and my friend as favourites.

I can't say I've ever noticed any bias, and I had a network where we frequently transferred players to each other (should add wasn't 'cheating', merely we both had the type of the players the other guy needed for their system...)

Nothing to prevent obviously. But is there a bias against it?

I'm Portsmouth, he's Aston Villa. Villa have a far higher rep, are playing in Europe, and the player has both Villa and my friend as favourites.

It could just be the player is happy where he is. Is it a real player or regen?

I even have two teams on my current save, I haven't had any issues with this personally. If you really want to sell, transfer listing the player might encourage him to want to sign for your friends team.

Archived