+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is he bugging me for first team football

Amateur
    clinging to a rubber duck in the middle of a raging sea....

Default Why is he bugging me for first team football

This the second time in three months he has demanded first team football! Why?

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

why not?.....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by postal postie View Post
    why not?.....
    Beacause in real life he was signed as a coach with his playing staus intact in order to act as a a last resort back up.

Part-Timer

Have you talked to him about it? He hasn't retired yet so you have to make him happy by talking. If you tried and failed and didn't sell the first time he moaned you may have to put with him being unhappy until the end. If you can still talk to him then perhaps tell him you will let him go at the end of the season.

Amateur

KB, don't even try to figure out the idiocies FM have put into the scources & reasons behind requests for first team football. I have had players I have signed as back-up for first team, average youngsters, etc. demanding this. My initial advice is to just ignore it & give him more first team football if you really want him to stay with you. NEVER, ever have the conversation with him, that's a poisoned chalice!
    This element needs serious revision/attention in the next incarnation.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by marty78 View Post
    Have you talked to him about it? He hasn't retired yet so you have to make him happy by talking. If you tried and failed and didn't sell the first time he moaned you may have to put with him being unhappy until the end. If you can still talk to him then perhaps tell him you will let him go at the end of the season.
    First time round told him I was boss he accepted and also agreed to tutor. He left with a higher morale than he started! Have ignored him this time.

Amateur

I'd imagine because Everton are the finest club in the land. No need for arguments, he's accepted it, and its just how it is.

Amateur

It is ridiculous at times particularly with youngsters. My advice is just sign players on long term deals to make sure they stick around if you think they come good.

+ Reply to Thread