Thread: Save game could not be loaded- FM12

Amateur

Post Save game could not be loaded- FM12

Hi, I have a save with Everton on Football Manager 2012 and I'm in 2018 I think on it, anyway one day I was playing I saved it and quit, the next day when I went to play again it had "XML error's" after hours of research I managed to get rid of them, but now I keep getting this error and am unable to load this game but, I can load other savegames and start new games, but I don't want to as I am far in this game, also wil I have to upload my save to the SI website, if this is the case then please can someone tell me how to do this, any help will be appriceated.

My version was the latest patch 12.2.1 I think
    I downloaded a sound pack in which later I went on to realise that it said, "It may cause XML errors and crash dumps", that may be the cause.
    I was on a large database with 2 leagues loaded and 1 country, The Barclays Premier League and N-power championship.
    I never added/removed any leagues
    I never edited and had 1 editor data file, a file which stopped work permits being denied.
    I don't have any backup saves only 1 save which doesn't load.System Information
    ------------------
    Here is my DxDiag: Time of this report: 7/22/2012, 12:07:24
    Machine name: MATTS-LAPTOP
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron M5040
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/31/11 11:38:34 Ver: 04.06.04
    Processor: AMD C-60 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.0GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3692MB RAM
    Page File: 2800MB used, 4582MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Also shall I upload my save to your FTP?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
    Last edited by mattlay98; 22-07-2012 at 11:11. Reason: A post that was read

Moderator and Technical Support

I will move this but also please answer the questions in here: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...BEFORE-POSTING*

Amateur

Okay thanks. I've edited it now
    Last edited by mattlay98; 22-07-2012 at 11:11.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Yup, you should upload your game, how to is here http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7129852

Amateur

Okay I've uploaded it and named it my username, "mattlay98" in the gamesave folder located on your FTP, thanks.

I can't see your save game on the FTP - any chance you could please reupload it? I'd suggest using Filezilla as described below:

Download Filezilla FTP Client from here (Filezilla is Free Opensource)

Filezilla FTP Instructions:

When you install it and open it up, at the top you'll see the following:

Host:
    Username:
    Password:

Enter the following:

Host: ftp.sigames.com
    Username: ftp-public
    Password: public

It should then open up, your computer on the left-hand side, our FTP on the right. On the right go to the game-save folder. On the left find your save game, then simply when you've found it drag it across to the appropriate folder. Then it'll start to upload. Be warned, depending on your upload speed this may take a while. Remember you cannot 'replace' a file on the FTP, so you'll have to rename the save as something different.

Amateur

Okay, I downloaded that Filezilla and logged in and dragged my save into your game save folder under the name, "mattlay98" it should be there now

I'm afraid the save game is corrupted at this end and there isn't anything I can do to fix it, it must have happened when the laptop shut down, the game, although saved, wasn't in a fully completed state. Really sorry about that. I'd very much suggest if you start a new game always having auto-saves switched on via the preferences, ideally weekly and incrementally so you always have a recent backup.

Amateur

Okay, is there anything else you recommend doing to prevent corrupt saves, as this is the second save I've had corrupted?

Make sure you save incremental backups weekly and when you quit a game 'Save As' rather than just 'Save' so if that file corrupts for any reason you have a recent backup. Also save the game then quit, it may be safer in your circumstances than saving and exiting at the same time. Also make sure you shut your system down fully, don't ever just hard reset or turn it off or let the battery run out.