For those in long games

Do you forget which teams are now the good ones?

E.g. I'm in 2035 and playing in the Premiership and I still dread facing Man Utd for no good reason as they're constantly in a relegation battle and I always beat them, and I'm always complacent against Stoke and the mighty Kidderminster because I think they're small teams, whereas they're actually in Europe and have some of the best players in the world.

Somewhat yeah. Chelsea arent the side they once were. Im in 2034 and they are now a mid-table club and have only won two trophies since the start of the game. The likes of Nottingham Forest and Brighton have turned into stable Premiership clubs and often cause threats to the bigger sides, with Forest winning the last two League Cups, beating Brighton in both and also finishing as runners-up in the Europa League in recent seasons.

2030. And yeah, I worry about the wrong teams, I drew Liverpool in the FA cup and was a little apprehensive then I remembered Liverpool were relegated 2 years ago and are yet to return. Meanwhile I take Birmingham lightly. A team that are two times Championship league winner had a huge tycoon takeover, payout more annual wages than anyone else by a country mile.

I often still treat sides as I would in the first season.

Being in 2022, I haven't seen much of a change in the Old Guard within the Premiership yet. The only team that sticks out, is the team I got to the Championship, Durham City. Other than that, there isn't really any major changes. Utd, City and Chelsea are all still battling for the Title, Liverpool have clinched it once or twice, and Arsenal have became a club that do well to get into the Europa League. Definately no big surprises yet.

Yeah i find it hard to forget the real life standings of clubs as the game progresses and the clubs dont keep up with their current reputation. Stoke have become a very good team in my game yet for some reason last night i played a heap of young players against them and got taken appart whereas Chelsea would always get my strongest team even tho they havent made Europe for the past 3 seasons and just make top 10 in a good season.

Sometimes I forget which teams are currently the best, especially when I haven't played for a while.

In my current game, Burnley are a force to be reckoned with and Sheff Utd are a real PITA to play against, although they've now sold their top striker. Man City are the top dog; none of Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd have slumped terribly, but Man Utd have only qualifed for the UEFA League several times over the last 5 seasons (they came 2nd one year though). Tottenham are merrily bouncing between near-relegation and European qualification. Liverpool are nothing to worry about (but that's probably also true IRL) and are an average mid-table side.

In 2033 and the top few are still up there, along with Fulham who had a tycoon for over a decade. Chelsea have slipped a bit from the top-4 but are still a top-8 team pushing for Europa League but Man C/U, Arsenal and Fulham are always competing for the top-4 with me. No other team outside those 6 have come close to being a regular in the top grouping.

I am in 2048 and it's the usual suspects still battling for the title. Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Arsenal as well as myself.

I still hate playing Man U because no matter where they are in the league, they always beat me.

Have just lost 4-1 to them to end my 10 match winning streak at start of season, and they are always the team to stop me completing the unbeaten league season challenge.

Well I'm in 2052 on my Fm2011 save and most of the EPL old big teams are still big. Only exceptions in all those years really being my old team Truro coming up and winning a lot, which displaced the big teams town a place, (left them 10-14 years ago), and in 2051 Newcastle won the EPL with Norwich coming second (Norwich making good use of a striker loaned from my Dundee Utd!).

I'm in 2022 and it's not too different. My team (Notts County) are up there, Arsenal my main rivals year or year. Also, Man United, Man City, Tottenham and Newcastle (tycoon takeover) are capable of challenging, but don't seem able to do it every year. Chelsea and Liverpool have just started to slip back from the pile. 2018/19 was a classic though. At the end of season, just 8 points separated Notts in 1st from Tottenham in 8th!

Yet a Liverpool supporter? Tut Tut, lol.

Being a North East Lad (Middlesbrough), it was a toss up between them and Whitley Bay.

Haha yeah.

My local side are Spennymoor Town who are in the Northern League :thup:.

I usually don't forget because I play quite slowly and the information sinks in well with me.

I do however find annoying to explain people the merits of my big win over team X who have a fantastic squad, despite being nobodies in real life 2012.

Archived