The Trophy Collector - Game Thread

The Trophy Collector

As Everyone knows it’s the managers who grab a lot of the headlines for the success or failures of their teams. The successful managers are placed in the highest esteem with the media salivating over there every great purchase and never really focusing too much on the bad games, the unsuccessful managers however are ridiculed, with every bit of where they went wrong picked apart in detail.

This sign-up is to find out who will be successes and who will be failures, the winner will be deemed to be the manager with the most trophies, whether it be a champions league or a community shield trophy, a trophy is still a trophy, and whoever wins the most wins the praise.

Disclaimer

1. I can only go with official leagues in FM12 so if you end up at a club outwith these and it doesn't give info on trophies I can't do anything about it

2. I have done my best to make sure you will all stay managers, however if you do end up as a coach or assistant these trophies will not count.

3. If your manager gets sacked and can't find another job and retires thats the end of him.

4. I don't have FMRTE so I will not be able to move people back into management if the above two happen

5. I will not be posting Screenshots of Attributes as I feel it adds to the mystery of who is the better manager

With that covered stay tuned for Manager's Teams Predicted finish

Summertime - 2011 - Media Predictions

Boom Boom Wilko (nastymiller) Belgrano - Argentine Premier Division 17th

Al Pards (toonbalmy87) Lierse - Belgian Pro League 6th

Ramon Ramirez (Manku) Slaven Belupo - Croatian First Division 4th

Sebastian Prost (Shadaza) Hradec Kralove - Czech First Division 14th

David Ginsberg (David Coperial) Esbjerg fB - Danish First Division 1st

Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent (himan) Jagiellonia - Polish Ekstraklasa 6th

Sercan Cali (5ergio) De Graafschap - Dutch Eredivisie 16th

Whoopy Dee'e (Whoopy D) Gyor - Hungarian Division 1 3rd

Matt Flynn (stoff7) Perth Glory FC - Hyundai A-League 6th

Nick Adam (nicka94) Kiryat-Shmona - Israeli Premier League 7th

Gianpaolo Della Torre (b101) Padova - Italian Serie B 8th

Paavo Arhinvuori (Nurkka) Murcia - Spain Liga Adelante 18th

Eighteen Rabbit (18Rabbit) Petrolul - Romanian First League 13th

Martyn James (marty78) Spartak ZV - Serbian Superleague 5th

Lee Russell (Leroy1500) Vaduz - Swiss Challenge League 3rd

Chris White (EvertonianChriss) Konyaspor - Turkish First Divivsion 2nd

Thierry Le Tissier (letissierandhenryaregreat) Union - Argentine Premier Division 18th

Steve Thomas (Lenzar) Dukla Prague - Czech First Division 13th

Luke Bond (prebenelkjaerlarsen) Beroe - Bulgarian A Group 10th

Jake Stothard (stothy) Sparta - Dutch Jupiler League 1st

Carl Valentine (gurfing) Albacete - Spanish Second Division B1 2nd

Count Dracul (kieronbrown73) M. Netayna - Israeli Premier Division 8th

Udi Levi (vurogj) Central Coast Mariners - Hyundai A League 5th

Mugundhan Santhanam (musantha) Kasimpasa - Turkish First Division 1st

Ben Goldsmith (Goldyrulz) Shandong - Chinese Super League 8th

Andy Stewart (AndyEs) Portland - Major League Soccer No Prediction Available

So David Ginsberg, Jake Stothard and Mugundhan Santhanam should all be celebrating come the end of the season according to the media, with Lee Russell, Chris White, Carl Valentine and Whoopy Dee'e expected to come close

October 1st 2011

Boom Boom Wilko - After 9 games Belgrano find themselves in 16th place with 9 points,

Al Pards - Currently sitting in 12th place with Lierse with only 5 points from the 1st 9 games

Ramon Ramirez - After 9 games he has guided Belupo to 2nd place but they are 5 points behind the leader with 17points

Sebastian Prost - Has played 8 games with Kralove and sits in 14th position with 6 points, goal difference keeping him out of the relegation zone, knocked out of the cup in the 2nd round

David Ginsberg - Esbjerg are currently sitting top of the league on 18 points after 7 games in charge

Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent - Jagiellonia sit in 12th place with 9 points from 9 games

Sercan Cali - A great start to the season sitting 3rd after 8 games 3 points off the leader

Whoopy Dee'e - After 10 games Gyor sit in 4th place, 3 points behind the leaders but with a game in hand

Matt Flynn - The A league is yet to kick off

Nick Adam - After 5 games Kiryat-Shmone sit in 3rd place on 8 points

Gianpaolo Della Torre - Padova are sitting 6th after 6 games with 10 points

Paavo Arhinvuori - Murcia lie a lowly 17th after 7 games with only 6 points

Eighteen Rabbit - After 10 games Petrolol find themselves in the relegation zone with only 7 points

Martyn James - Has guided Spartak ZV to 4th place after 6 games

Lee Russell - A good start for Vaduz who have 16 points from 9 games and sit 3rd

Chris White - Only 2 points in the 1st 4 games for Konyaspor sees them sitting 2nd bottom

Thierry Le Tissier - An average start to the league with 12 points from 8 games finds his Union team in 8th place

Steve Thomas - Sits in 13th place with Dukla Prague after 8 games so far only amassing 7 points

Luke Bond - Beroe are currently 4th with 13 points from 7 games, 6 points behind the leader

Jake Stothard - Sparta sit in 5th place after 10 games only 3 points behind top spot

Carl Valentine - Albacete sit 11th with 8 points from 6 games

Count Dracul - After 5 games M.Netayna sit in 6th place with 7 points

Udi Levi - The A league is yet to kick off

Mugundhan Santhanam - After 4 games Kasimpasa sit in 3rd place with 10 points only goal difference keeping them from the top

Ben Goldsmith - Shangdong are sitting in 6th place, having played 26 matches

Andy Stewart - Portland sit 6th in the Western Conference after 31 games 14 points from the play-offs

January 2012 - The Cup Update

Boom Boom Wilko - Knocked out in the 5th round to fellow Premier League team San Martin, drawing 1-1 but losing in the resulting penalties

Al Pards - Has taken Lierse to the quarter-finals where they are currently losing 2-1 after the 1st leg to Anderlecht

Ramon Ramirez - Belupo were the victims of giantkilling, losing in the 2nd round to non-league Zilina 2-1

Sebastian Prost - Kralove went out in the 2nd round to Caslav from the second division 1-0

David Ginsberg - Somewhat of a giantkiller, beating 2 super league teams on the way to the semi-final where they will meet fellow first division side FC Hjorring

Ugyen de Schoutheete de Tervarent - Jagiellonia were knocked out in the 3rd round to non league team Sosnowiec 2-0

Sercan Cali - Jupiler League side FC Dordrecht put out his side in the 3rd round 1-0

Whoopy Dee'e - Gyor have had a good season so far, reaching the quarter-finals of both the FA Cup and the League Cup where they will play Paks and Kavospar respectively

Matt Flynn - No Australian cup but the league has kicked off and Perth Glory sit 8 points clear at the top of the table

Nick Adam - Ramat Hasharon beat his side in the quarter-finals of the Premier League Toto Cup, Has yet to be put in the pot of the State Cup

Gianpaolo Della Torre - Knocked out in the fourth qualifying round by serie A side Cesena 2-0

Paavo Arhinvuori - League rivals Valladolid put an end to Murcia's hopes in the second round 2-0

Eighteen Rabbit - Mioveni won 1-0 in the 5th round to put an end to Pertolols hopes of success

Martyn James - Spartak ZV were sent crashing out of the cup in the 2nd round losing 3-0 to Partizan

Lee Russell - Vaduz don't play in the Swiss Cup but in the Euro Cup they went out in the 2nd qualifying round to Aalesund of Norway 4-1 on agg

Chris White - Elazigspor ended any cup hopes in the 2nd round winning 2-0

Thierry Le Tissier - Union are through to the 6th round where they will meet Chacarita Jrs

Steve Thomas - Dukla Prague lost 3-2 on agg to non league opposition in the 4th round

Luke Bond - Beroe lost 2-1 after extra-time to Botev in the 3rd round

Jake Stothard - NEC ended the cup hopes of Sparta in the 3rd round losing 2-0

Carl Valentine - Athletico Madrid won 4-3 on agg in the forth round of the Spanish cup to end any hopes of success

Count Dracul - M. Haifa won 3-2 in the quarter-finals of the Toto cup to put them out but they still have to be drawn in the State Cup

Udi Levi - There is no cup in Australia, but The Mariners are sitting 2nd in the league 8 points behind the leader

Mugundhan Santhanam - Kasimpasa lost 2-0 at home to non league Adana in the 2nd round

Ben Goldsmith - Shandong were knocked out in the quarters to Tianjin 1-0

Andy Stewart - Portland didn't play in the US Cup in 2011, may be due to league finishes

Not good, must motivate players somehow. Can anyone give Count Dracul any ideas on how to do this..........

"Score more goals or I will suck your blood....blegh blegh!"

Avoiding relegation will be vital for my team, I think going down would possibly fatally wound my managers reputation.

I seem to have a problem with the game, it keeps crashing on me. I think the processor is working too hard. So I'm wondering if its because the database is too big. I'm going to run a few tests with a smaller database. If there ok then it means I might have to start again with people at different clubs in fewer leagues which would add a more competetive edge to the sign-up.

I seem to have a problem with the game, it keeps crashing on me. I think the processor is working too hard. So I'm wondering if its because the database is too big. I'm going to run a few tests with a smaller database. If there ok then it means I might have to start again with people at different clubs in fewer leagues which would add a more competetive edge to the sign-up.

I think fewer leagues could be the way forward. Maybe 6/7?

What about a pick by random lowest league in a country and see how that goes.

Pick a region and just load those countries up - so maybe a UK and Ireland, or a Scandinavian sign up???

Dunno - put I love the idea of this sign up.

Right tests seem to have been successful, so I'll be going with the five major European Leagues. England, Spain, France, Germany and Italy with some view only leagues added on. Each manager will be randomly assigned to a 2nd tier club in one of these leagues, who are predicted to finish within the top 5(top 6 for England). I'll start up a new game thread so we don't get too muddled with this one.

Archived