Is Multiplayer Offline possible?

If I am trying to play the game with few mates who are spread in different parts of the world and can;t connect to LAN game at the same time is it possible to run multi player offline? For example there are 5 of us each running a team in a league and each of us would be able to do our moves and then advance the date. Is this even possible and if yes how?

Yes it is possible. There's an option under the "FM" menu in game to add a new manager. I'm not sure what the limit is, but I can imagine it will run 5.

It could run 5 players, I don't think there is a limit beyond the number of teams that are manageable, but that requires everyone to use the same computer. They are in different parts of the world.

I always used to play FM together offline.

Obviously the two computers would need to be connected via a cable directly. You can then create internal IPs for both computers and then it should be possible to join the game running on the other just like you would if being online.

As my mates and I are now playing online for a few years, I haven't tried this in years, but in theory I see no reason why what worked well some years ago should not be possible anymore today.

Archived