+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Multiplayer Offline possible?

Amateur

Default Is Multiplayer Offline possible?

If I am trying to play the game with few mates who are spread in different parts of the world and can;t connect to LAN game at the same time is it possible to run multi player offline? For example there are 5 of us each running a team in a league and each of us would be able to do our moves and then advance the date. Is this even possible and if yes how?

Amateur

Yes it is possible. There's an option under the "FM" menu in game to add a new manager. I'm not sure what the limit is, but I can imagine it will run 5.

Amateur

No it is not possible .

You all need to be connected to play together

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Liam View Post
    Yes it is possible. There's an option under the "FM" menu in game to add a new manager. I'm not sure what the limit is, but I can imagine it will run 5.
    It could run 5 players, I don't think there is a limit beyond the number of teams that are manageable, but that requires everyone to use the same computer. They are in different parts of the world.

Amateur

Unless all players could access one computer remotely?

im not sure if this is allowed to be posted.. but i will nevertheless.. cant see how it wouldnt be ..

http://www.fmscout.com/a-play-fm-onl...g-hamachi.html

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    im not sure if this is allowed to be posted.. but i will nevertheless.. cant see how it wouldnt be ..

http://www.fmscout.com/a-play-fm-onl...g-hamachi.html
    Sorry for my ignorance but would playing via Hamachi be the same as playing via network online, meaning we would all have to be online at the same time

Part-Timer

The only way it could be done woudl be if you used a shared dropbox (or similar) account to sync the saved game amongst The issuw there would be that you ensure only one person uses the save game file at the same time.

Third Team

I always used to play FM together offline.

Obviously the two computers would need to be connected via a cable directly. You can then create internal IPs for both computers and then it should be possible to join the game running on the other just like you would if being online.

As my mates and I are now playing online for a few years, I haven't tried this in years, but in theory I see no reason why what worked well some years ago should not be possible anymore today.

+ Reply to Thread